You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Funeral Home

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Funeral Home

 

It started when my boyfriend's father bought the funeral home and wanted my boyfriend and me to move out of state to take care of it, because his parents didn't want to move out of state. So, I quit my job and moved out of state with my boyfriend to help his parents take care of the funeral home.

When my boyfriend and I first got to the funeral home it was big, spacious and a bit creepy. The outside was beautiful as well as the inside, but the place had many doors, all of which eventually lead back to the main room.

My boyfriend often sees dark figures mostly on this one side, near the side door that leads to the apartment on top of the funeral home. Of course no one lives on top of the funeral home, too scary. I've never see anything the whole time I've been there, but one time I was going to use the fax and computer to look for a job. Being the weirdo that I am, I went to the funeral home alone. I went to the back door and the back door was unlocked, so I went inside turned on the lights and went to the office.

I was faxing my resumes and surfing the web for jobs when all of a sudden the computer just shuts off. So, I figure it's time to leave; I didn't feel anything and wasn't scared until I got close to the back door. Some how my body was telling me to run, it got cold in the little hallway by the back door and I felt goose bumps all over my body. I ran towards the door not looking back just opened the door and closed it and locked it from outside. Ever since then I've never gone back to the funeral home alone.

My boyfriend's uncle had a similar experience at the funeral home. He came to the funeral home to help my boyfriend cut the grass and rake the leaves. He got there before my boyfriend and thought my boyfriend was inside. So, he went to that same back door that I went too and found it unlocked.

He thought my boyfriend was in there and walked to the same spot, where I felt something. He said he called my boyfriends name and it was dark inside and no lights, he got super scared when he realized no one was there. He ended up leaving and ever since then my boyfriends uncle won't go into the funeral home by himself. If he has to go shovel snow, cut the grass or rake the leaves, he would bring his own lawnmower or his own shovel.

My boyfriend has had many experiences at that funeral home and the scariest experience. When the funeral is done and everyone leaves, my boyfriend and I would make sure that the doors are all locked before we leave. There are days when we come to get the mail and the side door and that back door would be unlocked. We always thought maybe someone broken in and even went inside to check, but would never find anyone.

My boyfriend said one time he opened the funeral for a family to bring things to the funeral and when he locked up all the doors were locked. He said he went to the side door and some how it was unlocked. He said hello and someone with a male voice answered him back saying hello to him too. He got really freaked out and wouldn't go back inside. When I got off work, he made me go with him to search the place and like always we would never find anyone.

No matter how many times we lock the side and back door, next time we come back it would be unlocked.

Then a couple days after that door incident with my boyfriend, he said while we were sleeping in bed. He swears he saw a tall dark figure walked around our bed and came to his side and got on top of him. He said he tried to scream for me to wake up, but I couldn't hear him. When he finally broke free, he woke me up and he was drooling all over his pillow. He was so scared that we slept with the bedroom door closed and we both prayed before bed and put crosses up around the house and inside our room.

Three weeks later he drove out of state to see his parents and his mom took him to see a shaman lady and she said that a female ghost from the funeral liked him a lot, it was the female ghost that answered him disguising her voice as the male voice that answered my him and she was the one that followed him home. The shaman lady told my boyfriend that she told the spirit to leave and everything should be fine now.

I was home alone in our apartment when my boyfriend went out of state. The night my boyfriend left, I had rolled over to his side and I could have swear something was on top of me because I looked at the alarm clock and I could swear I was up, but some how still asleep too. I remember hearing my self pray and sing a Christian song in my head. I woke up singing the Christian song out loud and only 2 minutes had passed. I wasn't scared or anything, I just prayed and then thought it was a dream and went back to bed.

The next day late at night my boyfriend told me what the shaman lady said, which creeped me out. After that we haven't had any other experiences with the funeral home. We had alarms put in the funeral home because the doors kept unlocking by them selves and we put a bolt on the side door, so even if it unlocks no one can get in. I doubt anyone would want to come in. I was so glad when his parents decided to sell the funeral home.

Haunted Funeral Home 1
Haunted Funeral Home 2
Haunted Funeral Home 3
 

I can't see ghosts, but my boyfriend seems to attract them and he can see them. I will have to write about our apartment that we live in now in my next story. Hopefully, I'll have it up before we move out in September.

Other hauntings by sher2164

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sher2164, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I have not been back to this site for a while. My boyfriend updated me a couple of weeks ago that before they sold the funeral home. My boyfriend met this guy at the bar and he told my boyfriend that he came to volunteer and help cook at the funeral 2 weeks before the funeral was sold. He said he was by himself cooking and he was in the garage by himself. He felt something grab his butt. He turned around and no one was there. He ended up going outside to wait for the rest of the cooks and that night he said he went home and something would come and sit on him at night. He told my boyfriend he has not been able to sleep since then. Not sure if he got rid of the ghost or not. We've moved out of state not to long after selling it, so when I go visit my brother, sometimes I would drive by and it's still there and it's a school now. I'm just wondering if anything has happen since it became a school.
avmi (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
If you look closely at the second photo, the two windows on the far left, there's a figure of a person standing behind the second window.
avmi (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
You're right Energydrain7! There is a face there! Omg creepy. Thanks for sharing sher.
EnergyDrain7 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-03)
The 1st picture, where there is 3 blue cover window, the middle on show a face!
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
ImSmiley

Thanks for your post. I just hope the kids don't experience anything now that it's turned into a school. Yeah, that place always gave me the creeps. Especially, when I had to go open the funeral home for these 2 guys to pick up a casket and the elevator light wasn't working. My heart about jump out of my chest, but I had to keep it cool because I'm sure those 2 guys were scared as hell too. I'm glad my bf's parents sold that creepy place.
ImSmiley (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Sher, thanks to your pictures I know which funeral it is now. I've been there many times before for my relatives funerals. I knew I was not the only one having this creepy weird feeling about it. One time I went there for a funeral and I swear I thought I saw something white flash by really quick in the basement where the food was usaully set up. While eating, I had the tingling feeling of being scared the whole time. Everytime when I go there for a funeral, I make sure I have one of my sister's in the bathroom with me. Yes silly but I make them face the wall while I use it. My brother-in-law has also hear something strange there once too while he was resting during the funeral.

Like you said, it is now turn into a child day care place. Everytime I drive past, the place it self gives me the chills.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-17)
Hobbyholly,

I'm not sure why they would turn it into a school for children. I just hope the kids don't see anything. I've uploaded 3 pictures of the funeral home. Hopefully, they'll upload it, so you guys can see that place. There's a picture taken from the side, where my bf's car is. If you zoom into the upstairs window, it looks like something is there looking outside. I just noticed it yesterday when I was uploading the picture.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
sher:
Thank you for sharing.

Good to hear you're no longer there. I've found funeral homes to be creepy and just utterly sad. Most of my funeral home experiences have been due to a family member dying. Therefore: sad.

I digress: Why on earth would they turn it into a school?
J_ayyyy (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Wow that's interesting and frightening. I never liked funeral homes cause it's always cold. Well I'm glad the parents sold it and you guys don't have to go through any funny business.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
Um elner, what in the world? Good story and yes, like all the others said (minus elner's misguided post) ghosts can follow you. Seems like you two are doing ok now. Glad to hear it.
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
yeah that funeral home was really creepy. I'll have to post up the picture of it. We've never taking pictures inside. Also, I feel sorry for whoever bought that place. From what I heard some people bought it and was turning it into a school for grade school kids. Honestly, I wouldn't. I'm not sure if it's been changed into a school yet. Last time we drove by it a year ago, they were still tearing down walls and adding new ones up and stuff like that inside.
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
there are no such things as nice ghost or very kind ones the demons are just fooling you so that in the future they will freeze your body when your so scared and you will die because of it
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
I never like funeral home its creepy and quiet. But of course can feel the spirits.
Blackrose1985 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Yes spirits and ghost can indeed follow you. Also another thing it is a funeral home, expect weird things to go on at any given time of the day for a very long time. Even if someone decides to tear down the building there could be spirits and stuff attached to the land because it is the place that they were ready for there body's final resting place, but not nessicerily meaning that the spirit will move on. Anyway, you can expect things to go on there.:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Wow no wonder why I don't funeral home it creep me out to see dead body, it's an't fun and you get feeling inside there. Of course spirits/ghosts can follow you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: