You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Unsure, Room Shakes

Real Ghost Stories

Unsure, Room Shakes

 

Until about 4 years after my family and I had moved into our current house, it had always been pretty much normal and peaceful. One day out of the blue, I was in the living room watching TV and the whole room started to shake, it was a light shaking, but enough to make pictures on top of tables and on the walls to shake also, only a little.

After this, on multiple occasions I would constantly for no reason at all wake up in the middle of the night to my room shaking. This really freaked me out, so I told my mom about it, and she told me that her room had been shaking too. Even so, I decided that I would sleep with her for a while. We told my dad and my brother but they just said we were crazy, and that they had never felt anything.

Well it seems that only the front of my house would shake, which would be my room, the living room, and my mom's room. I know it's weird but my mom and dad don't sleep together, and have separate rooms. So that explains why my brother and dad had never felt any shaking. The shaking in the living room would happen around 9-10 pm, in my room very late, 12-3am and my mother's room 3-4am.

One day my brother was also watching TV in the living room and ran into my mom's room telling her he had felt the room shake. I was so freaked out, and I complained to my mom every single day. My mom told me that one day she told the "ghost" off and that after she had done that the house stopped shaking, which it did.

I really don't know if ghosts are real, or if the house really did stop shaking because of what my mom did. Please I would like to know if there is a reasonable, normal explanation for this. Or anything that would tell me what it could be thanks.

I live in Northern Massachusetts, where we do not get earthquakes, and if we do it does NOT happen casually and occasionally.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anna_K, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-14)
I don't know if you ever seen the television show Ghost Hunters, but there was an episode where a family was experiencing the same thing as you. The woman claimed her living room would vibrate and shake. When they investigated her claim it turned out she had an old water main system under her house in which water still flowed through. That was the cause of the vibrations and shaking. It's worth checking it out, if it will give you piece of mind. Hope that helps 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
True anna k my parent sleep seprate I ask mom about why is that she say stepdad snore lol haha... Very funny of them.
Anna_K (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
nope, none of that, everything would be on the other side of the house. And haha it's nice to know that we're not the only family like that dreamergal:) thanks for your answers everyone!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
wow strange my home town don't have earthquke either but sometimes I did feeling while I was in bed at night by the way we something in common my mom and stepdad don't sleep together either they seprate rooms.
RobM (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Do you have anything like a furnace, air conditioner, boiler or anything of the sort on that side of the house?
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
Well that's an odd story. (Not that I don't beilive you or anything.) Well I had heard of beds shacking if the house is haunted. Anyways good luck and God Bless! ❤ Katie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: