You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sizzling Chicken & Ghosts From The Late 1800's

Real Ghost Stories

Sizzling Chicken & Ghosts From The Late 1800's

 

I grew up in rural southern Minnesota in the 1980's. My family was working class and we lived in a house built in the 1850's. I had many unusual experiences in that house growing up and this is one of those.

When I was about 10 on at least two occasions, I was woken up in the middle of the night by people talking and chicken frying downstairs in the kitchen, there was music playing and I remember it sounded distorted and old fashioned. I thought it was my father who often came home from work after midnight. I got up and walked down the stairs, the noise got louder and I remember wondering why my dad would be frying chicken in the middle of the night. I could hear it sizzling, and smell it. I continued to hear the voices and music until I reached the bottom step to turn the corner into our living room, then it was all gone. The house was dark, no smells, no noise, nothing! I ran back up to bed and never told my parents about it because I convinced myself I was dreaming (even though it happened more than once).

Last year I was visiting my family and we were talking about the ghost shows on TV and my dad told me a story of him waking up in the middle of the night years before to the smell and sound of frying chicken, people talking and old music.

Our stories were the same even though we had never mentioned this to anyone. It was so strange.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jadeflower999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
That's cool that you both had the experiences. Now you know you really weren't dreaming lol.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Residual hauntings are like that. Its just a replaying of sorts. Your father and yourself were able to pick up on it and compared stories later in life. Which means you didn't imagine it if your father experienced it too. Be glad you were able to share that experience. Both of you must have a little sensitivity or maybe more than you think.
Stacier90 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Sounds to me like the spirits are just trying to have a good time:) Ha
In all seriousness though, some spirits cling to some of their last moments in their life, whether it be a fun time or misery. If they're not hurting you and aren't dangerous there's nothing to worry about
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
hmmm interesting.

I hate to sound like a broken record: Do you know the history of the home/land.

Could you ever piece together what kind of music was playing? Say pin point an era or year?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: