You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is My Apartment Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Apartment Haunted?

 

My boyfriend and I moved back to MN after my boyfriend's father sold the funeral home. We've been living in our apartment for almost a year now.

A couple of months ago it was late at night and I was sleeping. My boyfriend works 2nd shift, so when he gets home it's like 2 am or so. He gets into bed and goes to sleep. He told me that around 3 am to 4 am he woke up and saw someone with long hair standing near our closet, but he can only see her back and her long hair. I asked him are you sure it wasn't just me because I have long hair too, but he said her hair was very long. So, for sure it wasn't me.

A week after that my boyfriend came home from work and woke me up to massage him, because his back and legs are sore. I'm massaging the front of his legs when all of a sudden he points to feet of the bed and says "honey, there's a lady standing right there." This freaked me out and I asked him are you sure. He didn't say anything and a couple of minutes later he fell asleep.

A couple weeks later while I was babysitting my boyfriend's niece her baby lotion was on the top of the television. Later on in the evening his niece fall asleep on the couch, my boyfriend was sleeping in the bedroom and I was watching television in the living room. All of a sudden I noticed the lotion was moving back and forth like it's going to fall, but it didn't fall from the television. It happened for like a minute and then it just stopped as soon as the train came by, since I live right next to a railroad track. I just thought it was odd and tried to figure why it was moving back and forth, but to this day still can not figure out why.

Not long after this incident my boyfriend had another incident. He came home from work and changed and went to the bathroom. When he came back to the bedroom, he closed the door and told me he saw something in the living room, but he wouldn't tell me much more then that.

One time I was sleeping and it was around 6 am. My boyfriend woke up early to take a shower and I rolled over to his side and I swear I felt like I was lying on top of something because the bed went down like someone was laying there. I didn't think anything, just thought is he that big to make the bed sink in, but that only happened that one time. Whenever my boyfriend lays down and gets up the bed doesn't sink in like that, so definitely was something there laying next to me.

After this incident whenever I'm home alone, I would start to get freaked out at night and would have to leave the light in the hall on when I go to bed. This is the only place that I've lived at that I would leave the light on if I'm home alone and sleeping. One time I swear I heard something like the blankets fall in our closet. I went to check and found the blankets still stacked up in the closet and could not figure out where that noise came from.

Two weeks before 4th of July we picked up my boyfriends niece and she was playing with her ball and when it would roll into the hall way near the bathroom, she would just stand there and look. Every time I went and got the ball for her she would play with it, but as soon as it went over there she just would stand there and stare over there. I never thought anything of it, but I'm sure there was something there because she did not want to go get her ball. Usually, she'll be running through the apartment playing around and stuff.

Last week on Wednesday my boyfriend told me that he was sleeping and he had a dream about this female ghost or demon that kept following him every where. He said in his dream he tried to get away from her, but she just kept following him and he woke up. He said this happened when I left for work already, so around 7:30 am or so. He said on Thursday he had the same dream about the same ghost around the same time. He said he could feel a presence there with him in his dream. After this we put crosses up and have been praying.

This was the last of the incident. I'm not sure if anything else happened to him, since he hasn't been telling me much. I can't wait to move out in August for sure. I have goose bumps just typing this story here.

Other hauntings by sher2164

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sher2164, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wellmpacheco (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-07)
Hey, 3 years later here iam again, just for your information, I moved away from my previous apartment, in this I'm living now on the first week I saw a black shadow stood at kitchens door 3 times at the same week, I prayed and haven't seen anymore up to now. Thanks God! 😘
wellmpacheco (3 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-07)
Hey, 3 years later here iam again, just for your information, I moved away from my previous apartment, at this now on the first week I saw a black shadow stood at kitchens door 3 times at the same week, I prayed and haven't seen anything until now. Thanks God! 😘
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
wellmpacheco
Thanks for responding to my story. It is scary, but you have to just not let it scare you even if you're scared. For me I was thankful our lease ended and his son came to live with us and his son slept in the living room so it made it not as scary. Good luck on yours and know that you're not alone. Alot of people have gone through the same thing may not be exactly alike but we've all felt that being watch or being touched or goose bump feeling.
wellmpacheco (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Hello Susan, searchin' for haunted stories, just found yours, I thought your case is very similar with mine, I mean the moment I am living right now in my apartment, specially when I am alone in here.Definitely, I have been so afraid, many times, when I am in shower, I feel like there was somebody else there with me... Later on I will publish mine. 😊
kyongz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
your story is interesting... In my culure before we move into a place we get the place bless or sweeped out... That bascially just help move or take away anything that was living there before you out.

But it could be that something followed your boyfriend from the funeral home too. Because I lived alone until I met my current boyfriend... And he started to stay with me... Thats when I experience scary stuff at my apartment.

I think you two should move out!
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Hi Tonith,

No my boyfriend didn't grow up there, but his parents use to own another funeral home when he was younger.

Hi Oli,

I think you could be right. I think maybe she found him or something. You can only hide for so long before they find you.

Hi NadimahElizabeth,

He said he hasn't seen anything, since we've put up crosses and been praying, but I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your comments.
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Standing by the closet, things moving in the closet...I'd be checking the walls and floorboards in the areas she habituates. Perhaps your boyfriend knows more than he let's on, the way you describe it he seems to be uncomfortable with discussing it. My husband claims to not believe in ghosts at all and gets very impatient with the subject, I have always suspected that he is terrified of the possibility of ghosts so he just shuts down at the mention. Maybe his childhood funeral home experiences have caused your boyfriend to live in that sort of complacent denial. I wonder what she wants anyway. Please tell us if you find out!
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Didn't you say your boyfriend kept seeing a dark figure in your last story? Maybe it followed him since the shaman lady said it was a female ghost?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Sounds like your boyfriend is the one that is sensitive. He may also be the catalyst. Did he grow up in the funeral home that was sold? Maybe there is a spirit following him that was a former client of his father's business. If it doesn't stop when you move, then you will know that he is haunted not the apartment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: