You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demon Or Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Or Angel?

 

My name is Thomas Johnson, I'm 15 now but this happened about 10 years ago, I also want to add I have been talking to a friend about all this.

My story is when I was 5 years old I was sleeping in my room and I woke up, well I felt tugging on my left arm and when I looked I saw demons pulling at me into a deep hole, but it seemed like they couldn't. I looked straight ahead cause I felt like I was being watched and then I saw a faceless human figure with a slight dim glow.

Well I felt awake and petrified and my mind went blank and all I could do was stare with a cold feeling running through my body. I started to think it was an angel for a while, but I talked to someone and they said they are followed by a demon who won't hurt them totally but those around them, but she said it was a faceless figure and that it won't let any other demons mess with its so called "fun" but it made me think of back when I was younger, and I think was it really an angel that saved me, or a demon who wants me? I think about this because the smaller demons tried to get me but seemed like they couldn't.

But I lay there in shock, I didn't feel safe, and I thought it was a dream but I felt too awake for it to be a dream I could feel it and I never fell back asleep I just lay there motionless, I couldn't process anything and when it all seemed to end I got up and ran to my parents room crying with fear. So in the end was it really an angel or a demon.

Thank you for reading also if anyone can give in information on this I would really appreciate it, so email me if possible.

Also for those who read this I know it may seem like it's not a proper story but I'm also telling others and looking for answers. Please don't reject this I want to know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thomas_J, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karencmaug (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
well thomas, this story is scary, but to scary and well I'm sorry to say but made up... I mean something about this story doesn't seam real... But I know I can not judge because if it is true, I pray for you, and I know that if that happened to me, I would not want people to think I'm making it up or crazy, so you are the only one that went through it so if it was true, I just want to say I pray for you, and if it is not... Than that is not a funny joke! ❤ and hugs

~~ Karen
Meghan (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
The main question is, how did the faceless figure make you feel? Were you scared of it the whole time or did you soon feel yourself become calm and safe, filled with love. Angels that come from God will scare you at first but then you're not scared of them for they're there to protect you from what is trying to harm you. I've never seen my Guardian angel but I know he's there since whenever I'm really down or scared I suddenly feel calm and safe and I can feel his presence beside me. To me this sounds like a demon and demons are dissevers, never to be trusted. Try praying for the answer, God always answers and he's never wrong.
kelbel (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-29)
When I read this I had to comment. I had a very similar 'dream' about two years ago and I was 27. The face was faceless and was sucking inward. I also could not get away from it and this was less than a year after I moved to Wyoming. My fiance and I also had many other awake experiences as well as dreams in this old trailor (70's) that we were living in. There were 'visits' to put it mildly.

I found out recently from someone who is now in her late 40's and grew up in this little town that a man had sexually assualted a little girl, killed her, put her and her bicycle in the trash, and went about trying to help her family and the police to find her. The guy was caught and now resides in prison. However, it is possible that he either lived in that trailor or one of the other trailors on that very small block. My friend told me this after I told her of our experiences there.

I don't know about angels or demons. I do know that mine was definitly trying to get my attention and it was not a good feeling. Do you still live in this home?
Anathema (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
I don't completely agree with ChildOfTheLotus on everything but a good point was brought up... The fact that Angel doesn't always mean "good-entity." Remember, Satan (if you believe in Satan) was once the most glorious, beautiful angel in heaven. Then he fell. And he very obviously is not a good entity even though he was once an angel. But on the other side of that, I do believe (and I do not mean to offend anyone, just stating my beliefs here) that demons are always evil. If they "help" you, then there is probably an ulterior motive behind it. Demons do not mean us any good. They simply seek to use us. Some are fine with that, others are not.

Beyond that, I can't say much, though. I can't tell you if it was an angel or a demon, a dream or reality. From personal experience, I would say dream or over-active imagination. When I was a child, I actually convinced myself that a particular patch of peeling and chipping paint on the wall outside my room was a monster's face. I also convinced myself that there were moving chimneys on the roof of the building across from my street. As it turns out, neither one was true. But, for you, it may be different. I just don't want you to rule out imagination. A child's mind is a powerful thing... Well, I do hope that you find out soon what it all was, and I hope that things turn out for the best!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
To be honest, the faceless figure could have been either or. "Angel" doesn't automatically mean it is a force of goodness, just like "Demon" is not always something evil to be feared. Sometimes Demons/Angels will claim a human... Sort of as a pet. As such it will not let others harm you, and will also not harm you itself. It may just want to watch or play with you. It may even possibly be your guardian. Mine is a demon. Just don't be too quick to jump to conclusion about its origin. He/she may very well be there to help you.
Thomas_J (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Thanks for all the comments, they help, and ill make sure I pray more, also its ok for those who don't believe me.
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
It sounds as in you have a guardian angel I have some if you need some more information.
Love from Esther ❤
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
They come at you most wail sleeping. Thats the best time for there attack. If they are going to. See what I call freaks of science they say it was lucid. Its a way of saying, you are dreaming and its not real. YES it is real and happens to so many people that its not funny. They came to you wail sleeping because at that time you are at rest. Your mind is not running like it does wail awake. They can come in your dreams or they come to you wail sleeping. In your head or beside you bed. What ever they feel like doing to make sure they let you know they are there. Do you know that there are a lot of people that are in nut houses that do not need to be. Just because they see dead people or demons. Most are called crazy when really they have a gift. Sorry just some thing to think about. Just make sure you pray before bed and ask for him to protect you and like always, he will make sure your angle is doing there job. God bless.
Death12312 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Hrm. I remember very little from when I was five... I'm not very sure is I believe you. I sorry. ^.^"""
Britt~
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
How can I e-mail you if your e-mail address is not on your profile. I tend to think that it was an angel that saved you just because you were really young. Spirits can appear in any form that they want.
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
hmm... For me I think that your just too young and you just had a dream because I don't remember anything about ghost when I was 5 or remember any full story
jennywhea (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Umm... That's kind of scary,

I think what you thought it was the most is what it is.
charlielarlotte (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
before reading this story, someone whispered angel. Then I read the story. Sometimes angels can appear faceless, as they are not ready to fully reveal themselves to you
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
I think what you experienced was sleep paralysis and though what comes from it seems real, it isn't. Lucid dreaming is part of sleep paralysis but it's just dreaming while the body hasn't caught up to the waking mind.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Many times it is difficult to tell whether what you encounter is 'good' or 'evil'. Individuals often think that because a shadow shows for in black it is evil. I do not believe this to be true, it takes a lot of energy to manifest, this may be the only way to manifest.

How are you sure the ones pulling on you were evil? How are you sure they were demons?

Thanks for taking the time to share this story with us!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: