You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Old Pup

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Pup

 

My sister Emma and me, Alicia, always wanted a puppy. Emma was about six, and I was eight or nine. My parents went on a vacation in the United States (Florida). When they got back and opened the door, they had a baby golden retriever. I was shocked. THEY BROUGHT HOME A PUPPY! Not even a year with him, he tripped over one of our wood shop tools, and broke his back leg. Every night after his surgery, he would sit under the table and cry. If you tried to pet him, he would bite. He was in so much pain.

After about two weeks he died. For the first week, no one talked. But at night, we would always hear this strange dog cry. My mom and dad would search for the noise. Then they heard it come from under the table! We figured out that it was the ghost of our puppy. At night, sometimes, you would feel something jump on your bed and it would sink. We treat the ghost nicely. Even now, he still growls. But sometimes, you would not even notice him.

Now at 23, I bought the house that I used to live in. The last people who lived there said there was NO ghost dog. But when I moved in that house, the puppy returned. My old pup.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

shaina (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
Thats adorable but still sad. When my dog got hit by a car he walked back home but I needed the bathroom and when I tried to pet him he walked to his doghouse. I didn't think anything was wrong with him although I should have because whenever I call him he comes to me. SO when I came out of the bathroom my young cousin came up to me and said "Bud is dead , shaina..." I told him to shut up and not joke about things like that but I went over to his doghouse and he was ...gone. Usually they would have just thron it away but Bud was special so I took off the collar he had and I wear it as a bracelet to remember him. And thy buried him in our backyard in Guam. Now when I walk somewhere by myself I feel like he's there. I think my puppy Amee senses him because whenever the collar comes near her she barks at it and tries to bite it lol. Be good to your ghosty. Who knows even if it is passed already the puppy could save your life one day.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Alicia,
Your story is a good one for all no matter if it was your boyfriend who wrote it. Thanks for sharing it.
I hope you and others will consider my comment in regards to dogs that have passed.

As for all these people who are suppose to be famous people commenting, I don't feel that this is true, but then I do not know who the Diamond girls are or some of the others mentioned. I would think with all the fame that they would know how to spell a little bit better than they do, not that I am a spelling wizard. Ha!Ha!
DIAMOND GIRLZ (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Hey girl we are celebs talking to you Madison your a diamond girl to. Alicia me writing, Brook just standing there, Briana talking. WE FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU
Pece girl peace!...
American idol cast (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
hey, we all read your story and melinda doolittle said she really loved it great job so did simon and puala, and randy.
Alicia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
I never rote this story! MY BOYFRIEND CHRIS ROTE THIS FOR ME! But thankyou for reading. This story is true. My mom dad sister and me all saw it and heard it! PEACE!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Alicia, Only my opinion, but if you want to help your puppy cross over, you may want to call on St. Francis of Assisi, Patron Saint of Animals. Whether you are Catholic or not, I feel any good help is help. You can also call upon anyone or anything your belief system chooses to help your puppy cross over (your creator, angels, ancestors, those family or friends who have already crossed over, and so forth). All you need is your full felt intention to do so. If you wish your puppy to cross over you will have to also detach from it and allow it do so. It is up to you. On the other side your puppy is now full grown and healed. What ever you decide your puppy will always be a memory imprint your heart will always remember and not forget. Perhaps, someday soon when your circumstances are as such that you can accommodate a puppy, you will be able to give another puppy a brand new home. There are so many dogs in shelters who also need homes. Pets are perfect examples of what "unconditional love" truly is. Blessings to you, Athena
Anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Your story has touched my heart. Your old pup just wants your love. He was still a puppy when he died. He didn't mean to heart you by biting. My moms a vet and read your story. She said that your puppy may be a ghost, but acts like it was still real. So maybe leae out food to see if he eats it! GOOD LUCK BE WITH YOU! LOVE YA!
Hilary Duff and MY POOCH (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
I really like your story when I read it I felt like crieing. You wished for a puppy. You got one, he died. Please be nice to him. After lots of years, he probably wants some puppy love. By someone he still loves.
jessica (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
;-; so heartbreaking!

i wish I could hug that puppy! Aww!

^_^ Be nice to it VERY OFTEN, very often, and it will begin to be very nice to YOU. :3

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: