You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady

 

I have several encounters with the white lady. For those who do not understand cultures from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, let me explain.

In non-Muslim society, many refer as a white lady. But for those who understand religions from these 3 countries, it is referred to as 'Pontianak/Langsuir/Kuntilanak'. They feed on babies, especially boys. The Muslims believed that a woman might turn into one of those mentioned above if they died from child labor if glass beads are not inserted in the dead woman's mouth immediately.

I'm not sure which one of these attacked me but 'she' was wearing a white robe. It happened during my pregnancy periods. We were renting at Pasir Ris and most of the time I am home alone. Almost every Wednesday, 'she' appeared in my room, in a dark corner. I was scared because the fetus inside me is a boy. I couldn't move nor talk. I was angry that I can't have total control of myself; I recited verses from the Koran. But I did not get to complete the verse. I got really mad and gathering last ounce of whatever's in me and cursed her (she was laughing and swiftly moved here and there and gradually near me). She disappeared. I was not dreaming and I know that. When she disappeared, I turned on the lights and called up my husband - he never believes in such things. It happened a lot of times even when my husband was around. I'm in tune to their presence I guess.

Other hauntings by SapphireChild

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SapphireChild, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

igotnorolemodel (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-08)
Hi there! That's really scary. I'm sorry it happened to you.:/ But glad to hear you have given birth to a baby boy!

I'd like to clarify though that this isn't a Muslim belief. This is a cultural belief and in this situation it's a Malay belief. But I think outside the Malay community, other societies might have their own version of the 'cik pon'.

But since the poster is Muslim, she tried to fight it with Quranic verses. In Islam, so-called evil spirits such as this are all, what we call, bad 'jinns'. Yup, all. No matter what you call it, it's actually of the same specie, 'jinn'. These things want nothing but to steer you away from God. The reason why it laughed was probably because it wanted to distract the poster so that she would stop praying (i.e. Say God's name) and give up.

That's the basic explanation of these things with regards to beliefs in culture and religion because they're not the same. I'm no expert but this is my understanding.

Take care all:)
Ice_Beam (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Hmm it sounds like one of those manananggals, those mythical phillipino creatures, mostly in female. They always target pregnant women.
SapphireChild (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
NadimahElizabeth
Yes its true - the smell of either jasmine or frangipani. And it is believed that they linger in banana trees and play at the banyan tree.

Ghostluver
There are a lot of spirits and ghost in Asia like Pocong, Toyol, but the famous is Pontianak. Never say this word in full in the dark. My Malay friends normally refers it to as 'kakak' (sister) or "cik pon" (aunt pon).

ShadowRainMemoirs
I have memorized and fully understand ayat al kursi. But like I mentioned I never get to complete it as these things know ayat kursi too as they were once a muslim and played tricks on me. Word has it that if you tried reciting the ayat al kursi but seems to go round or unable to get to the word "kursi", they are playing tricks on you. I was being laughed at thrice because of this. To go back to the beginning of the verse would just give it more time to come at me. So I started cursing her. Damn mad, not scared.

Moni
From my perspective, people die in the belief that they belief in. That is why perhaps these tings that are common in m'sia, s'pore and indonesia and maybe brunei might not happen in other countries.
moni (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
im a muslim too but I have never heard about 'Pontianak/Langsuir/Kuntilanak'.maybe its only in malaysia and areas close to it. But I still believe you.
ShadowRainMemoirs (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Hi, I think if you memorize and read ayat al kursi it might help. ^_^ 😉 Hope it stops soons.
aguss (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
hi... This kuntilanak is an awful ghost and a bad one too,,, I'm from indonesia so I know exactly what kuntilanak is... She is a bad and an evil spirit too... I wish I will never encounter,,,
Because her giggling is so creepy and
Make our neck hair stand up,,,
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
oh wow! I have never heard a story like this one. I hope you and your son take great care. And may your husband believe you. ❤
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Hello Sapphirechild, my grandfather was malaysian and I heard these stories when I visited relatives in Kuala Lumpur, the stories terrified me. I was told that the pontianak woman died in childbirth and was jealous of women with healthy pregnancies and young children. In the version I heard she died on a night when the frangipani tree was in full bloom and if you found yourself alone at night when the heavy perfume seemed particularly strong to close your eyes because if you look up and see her...well, who knows what might happen. It scared me so badly I was afraid to light frangipani incense as an adult!
SapphireChild (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Nady911
Maybe you're not a malay muslim...I'm not either but maybe cz I'm surrounded by malay muslims. Anyways, thanks!

Amanda_lynn
It's a ghost... And I know what it wants - my unborn child.
And yes I gave birth to a perfectly healthy boy! Thanks!

Oli
My husband eventually believes that I can see things but doubt those can hurt me so long as I have faith in God. And yes I have a lot more experiences with the Pontianak.

Dreamergal72
My son is coming to 1 year old now.:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
That awfully I am engish and I do believe what you say and I agree with nady911 about this and Hope the cross help and take care of your newborn son.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
That must be horrible that your husband doesn't believe you. Do you have anymore experiences with the paranormal?
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Well, I hope the child is ok, as well as you!

Try asking the spirit what it wants, and if you need help, call for your husband. Try everything, see what works.

Good luck!
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I've never heard about this and I'm Muslim. I think next tile yell for your husband to come if he's there and the woman show's up. Also, pray a lot and be the best Muslim you could be. Maybe it's some sort of demonic thing. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: