You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

House Of Death

 

As long as I can remember most of my family is able to see, hear, feel, and speak to sprits that were left behind in this world.

Well years and years of moving when my dad was a child with his parents and six siblings they finally moved into their dream home, on the Milwaukee south side in the 1960's. After they moved in that is when weird occurrences began to happen. When exploring the home they found a cubby hole that lead from room to room, while in the process of searching they found a child sized coffin, but after opening it was empty.

Days weeks and months went on they began to find sprits that were left behind; the first was the man in the basement, who repeats his death over and over again. While doing laundry in the basement there was a knock that was almost violent after opening the door to the stranger, who happened to be an apparition pushed his way past my grandmother to a hanging rope and hung himself. Even up until her death she could not bear the sight of him hanging, her children and grandchildren would have to go down the stairs to do the laundry and to get food out of her chest freezer.

The next ghost to be discovered was the little girl who wondered the second floor. When my uncle was ill he was in his bedroom and he saw a little girl come up to him and take a blanket and cover him, every day until he was better. Once he became well and ventured down stairs to his family asking whose little girl was that, he described her but his mother; my Grandmother replied there is no little girl here besides your sisters. Over again and again when every person was taken ill and to their rooms that is when each person viewed the little girl helping them.

Later my dad discovered the "Woman in White" after getting home late one night he went into the bathroom, and heard some noise, coming from the room off from the living room, worried since that room was unoccupied he went out of the bathroom where he saw a woman in white gliding across the floor, she stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up with a painful face of sorrow. My dad still watching saw her go into the now known pantry, and a cracking sound was made he ran over to see nothing but a rope swinging back and forward.

In my grandmothers room there was a ghost who sat on the rocking chair and watched as people slept. Once after my grandmother had surgery and both of her wrists were in cast, and my Grandfather smacked her one night after being drunk and going to sleep suddenly my grandfather felt a sharp smack across his face, as a shock he opened his eyes and saw a man standing above him and continuously beat him. In the morning my Grandmother woke up and saw my Grandpa lying on the floor bruised and bloody, after that night he never drank or laid a hand on my Grandmother again.

Lastly the final ghost left from the previous owners was an infant. In the middle of the night when I was a child sleeping over in the guest room suddenly a piercing cry of a baby was heard coming from down in the basement. Everyone in the house woke up to go down the stairs even my grandmother scared of the basement and her experience with seeing the man hang himself she went down all of us saw the baby with a plastic bag over its head in the work room. Still hearing the piercing cry we just stood there in awe not knowing if it was a dream until the next morning when we awoke.

Years later my family began their own generation of ghost and sprits that never left that home. When my great grandma was taken ill she moved in with my grandma until the end of her life she stayed in the living room, after her death everyone kept hearing her calling out for help still until this day you can hear her call your name. Later my grandpa was taken ill and was moved into the same room and died and you can see him go into the living room and sit on his rocking chair smoking his cigarettes and if you are watching any cartoon he turns the channel to a sport channel.

After his death my grandma became ill and was moved into the same room, and died. Even today you can walk into their home and see her sitting at the dinning room table with a cup of coffee and toast with peanut butter. Even when no one makes toast or coffee you'll always see the coffee brewing, and the smell of toast being made. Afterwards my aunt died in the same room, every time you walk past that room you'll see on of four people. After living in that house my uncle fell ill after he was 54 years old he moved in with my family and died in our guest room. After his death our family decided it was time to move on to another house, and sell it to another family.

The house still hasn't be sold yet so my cousin resides in it, and I am one of those people who takes their dog every where with them my dog can't even enter the house I have to carry him in the home. But where ever some one dies my dog goes insane barks, constantly and finally yelps and runs into my arms, and hides his head into my chest. I honestly can't wait until the house sells; I think that it is the house that holds many sprits that are unhappy, and illness.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kali, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kali (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I am happy that you all enjoyed my story. And to answer the question about contacting a priest, no we have not, my family is very comfortable with the surounding in the house. My family is not catholic at all so priest are out of the question.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
Thank you for sharing a very intresting story.

I believe that some great tragedies went on in that house before your family moved in, as a result many spirits seem to roam around that space maybe looking for help to move on. This seems like a mixture of Residual and Intelligent energy. Residual being the replay of deaths and the intelligent being the assault on your Grandfather. However I do not believe any of these spirits were of a bad nature, I think they were all good perhaps Angels, and members of your family have joined them.

I think there's something intresting about that particular space though as to why so many spirits are trapped there, have you thought about researching the history of the property? Sounds like there was lots of unhappiness it's bound to be in an old archive. Thanks for sharing.
princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Sounds like a good location for the Taps ghost hunting people. Have you heard of them. This is a good story, reminds me of some of the houses we lived in.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
GOOD GOD THAT IS FREAKY SCARY.
In my moms child hood house my granma died in the master bedroom upstairs, and my great aunt died in the den. Some how I always feel safe in the den but I could never go upstairs alone. I never meet my great anut she died before I was born, but my grandma died when I was 1. I even heard someone call my dad's name from the staircase and it felt like the person was falling down the stairs and my mom once fell down the same stairs and said that she felt like she was pushed.
GIRLIE 😨 😨 😨
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
This is a very interesting story 😊 but when I was reading this I could here strange noises coming from downstairs I'm the only person home so I'm a little bit scared 😨
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
This is a very odd and yet interesting story. It's sad to think that when someone dies in that house their spirit stays behind and can't move on. From your story I can see that a lot of tragedy happened there. Has your family ever tried to contact a priest or someone to try and set the spirits free? I have to say that ghost that slapped your grandfather silly after striking your grandmother is one awesome entity. LOL 😆 Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope you and your family find peace. ❤
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
thanks for sharing the story. Looks like the ghosts dint mean any harm to any of the occupants. Do you doubt that your grand dad, grandmom etc fell sick and passed away affected by these energies?
However, can't help saying that I liked the ghost who slapped your granddad, he looks like a good one!
Take care!
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
Interesting story and very odd. It seems that these ghosts wernt aware of one anothers presence though. Only appearing at seperate times.
To me, it sounds as though the house holds many fasinating stories. Have you found out any history on this house?
I'm not keen on the room you mentioned in which 3 of your family members died. How bizarre! 😕
Hanbobs x
cmordies (11 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
this is a very intresting story maybe the baby had the idea of the plastic bag over his head through the man with the rope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: