You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Figure In Black

Real Ghost Stories

The Figure In Black

 

It was in the summer of 2006, I was 11 then. I stayed with my grandma most of that summer. This all takes place in Oklahoma.

The first odd experience I had happened was when I was cleaning up the living room. I don't know why but I happened to look up. I saw a black cloaked figure walk past the doorway from my room to my brother's room. Well it didn't really walk it sort of

Hovered. I quickly walked into my brother's room to see if the thing was in there. It wasn't. I must admit I was very grateful for that. I have always loved creepy stories and stuff, but that scared me to death. I didn't tell my grandmother about what I'd saw. I knew she wouldn't believe me.

I had a friend who lives across the road from my grandma. Her name is Darcie. She and her little sister, Ashlie, came over almost every day. I knew if anyone would believe me she would. I told her and she was a little skeptical. A few days later I was by myself around lunch time, so I made some soup for myself. I was eating my lunch when I happened to catch a reflection of something in my soup. As I looked closer at it I realized it looked like a cloaked figure looking at me. I turned my head up to look at the ceiling, I was expecting to see the cloaked thing, but their was nothing their. I shook it off as a trick of the light. I was really getting' freaked at this point. I often felt like I was being watched.

So weeks past and I had quit thinking about it. Then one night I was trying to get to sleep. The floor in my room creaks when you walk on it, especially near the door. I had left the door open when I was almost a sleep I heard a creaking. I sat up and looked at the doorway. I thought my brother was trying to scare me so I told him to go back to bed. I lay back down. After a while I heard it again. I was really annoyed because I was trying to sleep. I got up and checked under my bed for him and behind my door. I didn't find him in either place. I was really tired of this. I climbed back into bed and tried to get some sleep. I heard the creaking again. I sat up about to yell at my brother, but I saw a quick movement through the door and then it was gone. I freaked and put the covers over my head and said my prayers. Eventually I fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning I asked my brother if he had been in my room last night trying to scare me. He said he hadn't, and then he asked me if I had been running outside his door. I said no, and then I told him what I saw last night. He thought it was really weird but didn't give it much thought. I told Darcie what had happened and she thought the thing in my bed room was the thing I saw in my soup.

Well whatever I saw that summer I haven't seen it since, though I still don't like being in my grandma's house alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaceyWacey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LaceyWacey (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
hi! Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. Yes I felt threatend by it and the thing I saw run out of my room (i've began to see that thing again, but not a sign of the black figure). My guess is that the figures we've seen are similar but not the same. Thank you for your comment vicuttie8. 😊
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Did you feel threatened by it? Cause my grandmother saw a hooded figure at her door. But she diden't feel threatened by it. I'm wondering if these figures that people are seeing are the same. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: