You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Corridor

Real Ghost Stories

The Corridor

 

My sister has just got married, this weekend in fact (18/07/09). She had her wedding reception in The Lake District, she got married in Manchester which is where we are all from but hired out a lovely hotel in The lakes where we would all be spending the day with her and my new brother in law Simon. She arranged the whole thing from the adult bouncy castle, the ice cream van that stayed the entire day and filled us up on free ice creams, the wedding cake which was actually just a huge mountain of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (cause let's face it, who likes wedding cake?) and she even had a full Hog Roast in the evening preparing for us all on the lawn outside. It was a beautiful day!

Since she had hired the whole hotel out, we would all be spending the night there too. The bed rooms were on two floors (1st and 2nd). People with children were put on the 2nd floor as it was quieter and away from the loud music we had on in the night. I was to sleep on the 1st floor. My friend, who I should have been sharing a room with, was unable to come as she was unwell so I was in a room on my own. Which I preferred! The bedrooms were made up of 4 bunk beds! (the hotel was designed for school trips where they could do activities etc.)

A few weeks before the wedding, my sister had told us of the sleeping arrangements and we had all laughed off that the 1st floor (where I was to be staying) was haunted. The owner had told her that the staff who worked there had seen 'things' on the corridor and in the rooms that they slept in. I was quite excited anyway as I'm in to that kind of stuff even though I find it quite scary!

On the day of the wedding we arrived at the hotel and were shown the sleeping arrangements for our rooms and where to find them. I was to sleep on my own in a huge room with 4 bunk beds, I found my room and dropped my bags off. The room was freezing and had an eery feel to it, I can't explain what or why it just did. I didn't stay long just dropped my bags off and went back downstairs.

Around 6 o'clock, after the meal and the speeches etc. I was talking to my brother in law about the corridor I was on. He told me if I went to the end of my corridor there would be a door at the end leading in to the toilets (my door was 2 doors away from this). Before going in, look left and I would see a dark corridor with no windows or lights. This is where the staff had seen 'things'.

So after a few drinks, feeling all brave! I borrowed my mums digital camera and went upstairs. I walked past my room and to the end then turned left. I didn't dare go down the corridor as it was very creepy looking because it was so dark. I just took a few pictures with the flash on and left. I knew the pictures wouldn't turn out very good but I have Photoshop on my computer at home and work so I would be able to lighten them to see if anything shown up on them.

The three pictures are very similar, I had to lighten them a few times before I was able to see the whole of the corridor. Two of these pictures look fine, its the one with the reddish/purply tint that looks a bit freaky. I don't know if you can see what I see, but it looks like a demon - like face (kind of like the Scream Mask from the films). It's on the doors left hand side, as though peeking it's head around the corner.

The Corridor 1
The Corridor 2
The Corridor 3
 

Also... That night when I got in bed I had to sleep on my side because twice I felt the pressure of something pushing down hard on my chest making it very hard to breath.

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Okay now I understand more of what you're saying SERVANTOFSET. Sorry if I sounded rude, I wasn't trying to-- Well good day😁
SERVANTOFSET (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
I'm sorry if my comment sounded aggressive. It wasn't meant to.

It's not that I don't like the story. I just think it's very important that we have asceptical approach about these things. Hanbobs, I'm not suggesting that you are jumping to conclusions; but others are making the jump.
huendchen (49 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Two words - Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. The simplest explanation here is that your mind is seeing something freaky in what is merely light reflection/wood grain/shadow, or a number of other perfectly normal things. I see nothing paranormal in these photos. It's not exactly the shroud of Turin now, is it? Being told you are in a place that's reputedly haunted can make your mind susceptible to irrationality. In the absence of any other evidence, I'd be inclined to say that's what's happened here.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
SERVANTOFSET: I am aware that your brain can make out shapes in clouds, smoke etc etc... I've put this picture up simply for the fact to allow people to comment and give their own views on the pictures. I'm not jumping to the conclusion of anything.

Vintage: Thank you for your comment 😁 I agree with you that this site is for you, and other people, to express their own views on stories + pictures. Xx
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Not to be rude, SERVANTOFSET, but what are you even doing on this website?

People post up their experiences because they want to share it and they are observing things that they found abnormal. It is also for you to help them to observe.

If you don't like somebody's story, you aren't being forced to criticize it. Hope you can have an open mind to others' stories sooner or later 😉
SERVANTOFSET (5 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
I don't want to be a spoil sport but: go out on a summers day and lie on your back on the grass. Look at the clouds and sooner or later you will see faces, vehicles, people, objects, you name it.

I'm afraid that most photos have smears and shapes that can be made into meaningful objects. There are some fascinating rock formations around that look like objects. But when I go into caves I don't see an amusingly shaped stalagmite and say: "Oh look the penis god's been to this cavern!"

Don't take it the worng way, it just annoys me how quick some (but not all) people are to jump to the most far-fetched conclusion before examining any of the others.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Also I have recently uploaded more photo's to my other story 'The Ghost Village in Turkey' I've had no comments on this since I put the other pictures up. Feel free to leave yours after you've seen the rest of my pictures! 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Thanks for the comments! 😁
I checked that link out - oh my god that is scary looking!
Kashloggi - you're right, I am a whimp haha! There was no way I was going down that corridor! 😨
I see it in the 3rd picture too, but not as clear...
The hotel has a website, I'm tempted to email them and find out what they have seen in on the corridor.
Hanbobs x
kashloggi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
kashloggi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
I see the faces and the black mass, it's quite creepy. And you should have checked the mass out! Wimp (kidding!)
TaylorSwiftFifteen (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
The face is in the third picture too. It is on the wall to the left of the door.
TaylorSwiftFifteen (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
OMG! I totally see it! My heart nearly stopped when I saw it. Did you see the demon dog that showed up it that picture of that old couple? It was on FOX news. Since you live in England I wouldn't know if you get FOX over there. There was a web site that had it but I forget what it's called. I'll post the link if I find it again.
TaylorSwiftFifteen (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Your sister got married the day before my cousin did! She got married on july 19, 2009. 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
There was a dark mass of something on the floor that shown up everytime I took a picture with the flash on. I never went over to see what it was though (what a whimp haha). I'm glad you can see it too!
I know those places - are you from the UK?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Ah yes I do see it. Strange because both faces looks very different or it might be me. I do see a darl mass on the bootom left as well.

Manchester, I have a friend who live in Prestwich, (probably spelt that wrong) friend who live in Longsight.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Thank you for your comment Surya. The figure I see is parallel to where the flash is on the door. The flash being on the right hand side of the picture and the 'face' on the left.
My sister got married in Sale. Where a bout's do you go to in Manchester? 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
May I say a very well written piece.

Where in Manchester did your sister get married, I only ask because 'i have loads of friends there and travel up at least 4 times a year.

I have looked at your pictures and all I can see is is at the bottom left a mass of black.

The pressure on you when you went to bed could very well be SP.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: