You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: School Is Full of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

School Is Full of Ghosts

 

My school has a very interesting past. A few years before my school was on the lot where it is now, the lot belonged to a Psychiatric hospital. And before that, it was a tuberculosis hospital. The school itself is separated into 6 different buildings. The Library (which was once the church), the admin building (which was where the morgue was), the high school building (was where they kept the lock down patients in the Psychiatric hospital), the middle school (was the cafeteria), the art building (was the place where the staff went on break) and the drama department (was the sun room in the TB hospital).

There are lots of freaky stories about the school grounds and there isn't a person in or around school who hasn't seen, felt, or heard strange things.

On the first day of school, in august one, of my teachers said that when they bought this lot for the school. They had to knock down the 7th building (that's now the baseball field) because doors kept locking, the power wouldn't work, and people were constantly feeling sick. He also told us that in the Admin building, all the phones would ring simultaneously for a few seconds and then stop. I never really took any mind to this and I always thought that the teachers were just messing with my mind. And up until a few months ago, nothing strange had happened. But one day when I was helping our school librarian something DID happen.

I was sitting at the check out counter in the library when a middle school girl came in. She walked around for a while when suddenly I heard a book drop right next to the girl. I watched her for a few minutes as she kept throwing books on the ground, "Aren't you going to pick those up?" I asked. She looked over at me and shook her head no. "Well, why not?" I asked, "I'm not doing it..." the girl replied, "it's the little girl in the funny clothes..." I began freaking out slightly but the girl didn't seem to mind. She checked out a book and left.

When the librarian came back in, I told her what happened, she smiled, "Oh, she's harmless. I call her Jenny, she just likes to have fun. Apparently she died in this church years ago..." I looked at her like she was crazy but I couldn't deny what I or the little girl had seen. As I was leaving the librarian chuckled, "You should be here at night, there all over the place..." At that, I ran out the door.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

sillysarahlily (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
My old school was haunted and once when I was in English the door opened and the tap turned on all by itself
SpExX (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
What's your school called? I could help! Does anyone else know about "jenny".
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Julia125 -
Wow, your school is haunted?! I think my school is, too! Once, during Math class, we were taking a test. I sat next to the door, and all of a sudden the door just opened all by itself - then a few minutes later, it closed by itself, too!
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
woah that librarian shouldn't tell people stuff like that it would completely freak them out lol
Thats cool I wish I went to that school
Tracey92 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hey little question. Whats tha name of this school and wheres it at. Id like to talk to you about something kind of like this but I'm not sure if we are talking about the same place... So if you could help me out some how 😕
Felicia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
That’s amazing. I am from Malmö Sweden and I went to the same school for 8 years. My school was also built in an old mental institution. Since my mom was one of those who started the school I was in the hospital before they renovated it, and there were some strange things happening there. I can really relate to your story since we also had to get rid of one of the buildings, there was blood on the walls and it just wouldn’t come off.

But going to that weird school for 8 years really put things in prospective. You have nothing to be afraid of as long as they just nock over a few books.
aLeNa14 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
I believe about this story because... Most of the schools has its own history... From the past... We can't just escape its true identity instead just understand the reality...
Julia125 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
I've read both of your stories and it seems to me like the little girl means no harm. Thats the way it is for our school to. Most of the spirits wandering around don't mean any harm, but the 7th buliding that's the baseball field now was the place where they did the lobotomys. Sometimes it can get a little creepy over there.
Hope (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
You should read my stories Barn Ghost 1 and 2! I think you should really get someone to get the ghosts away. For me, I just learned to TRY to get alonge with the ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: