You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Need Help with Binding Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Need Help with Binding Spirit

 

I'm kind of freaked out right now. I was reading a story on here about a person who was paralyzed by a ghost and cannot wake up. As if being held down, and being forbidden from movement. I've never thought of this much, but I've been reading up on the ghosts, demons, angels. Etc. And something hit me. I was having these odd nights were I'd wake up, and I could open my eyes, but cannot move. I remember fighting, struggling to gain control over my body and move. I remember getting a faint control over my fingers, while my body kept trying to tell me to go to sleep. I kept fighting to wake up, most of the time I'd fall back a sleep. I've tried to talk while in this state, but I could only get my lips to move a little bit, but not enough to talk. Every once in a while I'd get the control back, and free myself of the invisible binds. Note that they would only happen at night.

I remember years back setting on the counter in the kitchen by the phone, while my parents went out to eat for their special time together, and I'd momentarily call my mom and ask when they would return while trying to hide the worry in my voice. While doing this I'd listen to the cracks and creaks of the house. I don't know if they were spirit activities or what, but I remember the fear. My parents don't do this anymore (thank heaven). When we first moved in, I always thought that were was a ghost in the house. I think I may have been right.

Recently I have awoken in the middle of the night, and had looked over my back. Next to the chinchilla's cage was a shadow being. I dismissed this as a mixture of dream and lack of sleep. I did have a rush of fear, but I quickly feel back a sleep. There also were other cases where a thought I saw a ghost and dismissed them the same.

I want to purify my house of these invaders, please help me. I wear a cross everyday of my life, I love God, and I'm worried right now. So please... Oh please knowledgeable people of this site, bestow upon me the knowledge and strength to banish these demons and send them back to the firey depths of hell. HELP ME!

Other hauntings by MasteryofDarkness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-07)
thank you for sharing :)! I see you are very troubled, and I am here to help! I always see people tryna get rid of the ghosts... Yes salt, sage, smoke, the sounds of chimes may push the ghosts away, but fow how long? They are trapped! It may take years to come back but still! And everyone alwasy tries to make them leave, but no one ever actually tries to help them.think...why are ghosts here? What traps them?...asnwer? They haven't found the peace they needed. So all you have to do, is light a white candle for them, asking for their souls to find the peace they need, that they are forgiven if they have done something, and that they are free to go now. Tell them to go into the light. While looking at the candle, say a prayer for them,(doesnt have to be a spiritual one if you are not religious, I'm not, just say stuff like we all come and go, we are not eprfect yet we deserve forgiveness and end our lives with peace etc etc). Encourage them, telling them its ok now, its over, they should feel free and calm, and keep reminding them to look for the light and go into it. It may take more than once, they are often scared sad or confused and need to be calmed, freed and guided. Best of luck, let me know :).its easy really. All that's needed is for them not to be treated as enemies, which is the big mistake people do!
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
During REM sleep, the body is paralized. This is so that you don't hurt yourself while you're dreaming.
Sometimes, you'll wake up (maybe only partially) when you're still paralized from REM. This happens to me whenever I take a nap during the day and go into a deep sleep, but it usually doesn't happen at night.
I've read that a long time ago, people attributed this to demons and posessions, but it's been scientifically proven to be what it is. *shrug*

I think it's more likely that you're experiencing sleep paralysis, but I guess it's possible that something is posessing you, trying to make you *think* that it's a natural occurence...
But if it's happening really frequently, I think I'd consult a doctor first. Then, if there's no medical reason, maybe seek a medium. 😊
xXxSpiralxXx (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
In my experience with things like these most entities of that nature just sort of watch over you. They are like shadows that follow you and observe. These type aren't harmful at all in my experience so I wouldn't worry about it. Just think of it as your roommate, except it doesn't eat all of your food or leave the toilet seat up.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Dear MasteryofDarkness,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner in regards to your reply. I sense by your response that you may feel a bit upset, disappointed, a bit deflated and somewhat pressured by the comments made in regards to your story. I would like to remind you that you have the right to freely choose some, all or nothing of what is said here. You also have the right to freely choose to agree or disagree with what is said here. In my experience, if you are going to stand in your own truth you will also have to tell your truth, speak your truth and live it to the best of your ability. It is easy to agree, but if you feel that you are speaking from your own truth than you must take a stand, even if it means that you disagree with others. Respectfully disagreeing with others who do not share your believe system or having those who do not agree with your belief system does not make you less of a person. What is important in your growth and upon your journey in life is your reaction to those who disagree with your belief system. You may learn that it is best to treat others as you wish to be treated, and allow them their right to speak freely and choose freely, as you should be allowed by them to do the same. You do not have to agree if you do not. You can show respect and listen to another's point of view. You might want to say to the other person that you respect them, but at this time you do not agree with them. I say at this time, because we cannot change others, but in time or the future we may change our point of view. This shows that you are open and flexible to change if it comes. You may want to offer a compromise. You may want to continue a debate offering all sides of the differing point of views with questions and answers included. Sometimes, a compromise, mediation, solution and/or agreement may not be made, then that is when all parties may want to just respectfully agree to disagree and still be civil to one another. All of this is hard and I am still learning too,...by trial and error, most times error. Ha!Ha! One thing do not give up and do not give in if it is your truth. With time and experience, also comes wisdom to know when it is time to change one's mind for the good of oneself and the good of all. If you feel angry, frustrated and upset admit it and get it out in a constructive way that does not hurt or harm you and/or others, even those you disagree with. Other times you may just want to choose to learn from the situation and then go separate ways. The worst scenario would be to fight and to go to war. But I know you know that, as well as all of the above, but I thought I would remind you, myself and also others here.

So, MasteryofDarkness if you are still questioning about what to do, and you do not understand why I made such comments, just ask me, I will try to explain my point of view, offer advice and/or my answers as I see them, but as always only if you want them.

You need but only to ask. Blessings to you, Athena
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Guys, you were right. This is all in my head.

Thanks for the help!

I guess this isn't really a ghost story then.
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Thanks guys... I feel a lot better now.
Don't worry it's all over with now.
And didn't know anything on spirit binding... And stuff.
Alissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Hello, I am a minister. In outher words, I help people with ghosts. I give advice and I get ghosts out of peoples house. Shane sounds like a nice guy. But if you realy need some help, I am there for you. I think you should give the ghost some space. I love god too, but you should TRY not to be scard. This ghost probably had a hard time when it was alive. SO my adivice just leave the ghost alone. Have a ghostly day.
LOVE, LIVE, LAUGH and LUCK BE WITH YOU
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Grayson, I wish to apologize to you if anything that has been said seems offensive to you. It is just when I see the words binding and spirit together I get a little concerned. There are people out there who would love to do this for very evil reasons, and some who do it out of curiousity and don't realize the trouble they have just made for themselves. I would think the best thing for you to do is to find a local minister and sit down and talk with them. See if there is something they may be able to help you with.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Shane, Yep, that is what I like about you. You can see all sides of the coin, and still respect another's point of view all at the same time! Wow!

Yes, and dear sweet Martin... He is indeed, most likely sleeping now... Or not? Ha,Ha! He is as good as ghould, oops, gold to have this site for us all and I do so appreciate him for it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Grayson, I also just caught something in your story. Your title is help with binding a spirit. Do you know what the term binding a spirit truely means. Why would I or anyone here want to help you in this manner? Since you are young I believe you do not know, I will tell you. When you bind a spirit and this is usually done to a demon. You bend it or better yet try to force it to do your will or at least attempt to do this. If you knew this meaning then you would know how dangerous an act this can be. I am not a demonologist, but I would never ever attempt this act just from the text I have read about it.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Athena, I found your post to be very wise indeed. I did not doubt her experience, I was just offering a possible solution to it. I as you already know am very hard to offend. You and I will continue to be friends, along with our friend Martin. Who I am sure is in bed by now.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
All my best Masteryofdarkness.

Shane,...I would blush, but I already know that you know,...ha, ha... I am not a person who blushes. I just tap on the floor with my foot and look down with polite embarrassment, and say in a low whisper, a well-meaning, appreciative "Thank You". Ah, but I did post about the rose scent at the cemetery. I hope we can still be friends and agree to disagree? Ha,Ha! ;)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Ah, my dearest Athena, your words of wisdom still inspire me. I forgot someone here has the gift and it isn't I. Glad to see you posting again, or maybe just the fact that you might have been posting earlier than me. I have missed our talks. Still think you should become a member.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Masteryofdarkness, I feel you are allowing your imagination to get away from you and add fuel to the fire of the fear you are experiencing. Take some deep breaths and calm down. I also sense that you are playing with us a bit. Your nickname shows that you know a bit more than you are letting on to us. I "bestow" upon you good knight the peaceful essence to know the difference between fear and the truth.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Masteryofdarkness, first choosing a name such as you have hasn't caused you to be a target. Second without actually having been there and witnessed this, I believe you may actually be suffering from sleep paralysis. I believe this because of how you described the events that have taken place. There are just a couple of more items that tend to happen when it is a paranormal experience than what you have described. If you go to bed stressed out or overly excited this can cause sleep paralysis. Foods can also sometimes cause it. I am not doubting you that you have experienced something that is quite frightening, especially when you do not know what is going on. Try this my friend, burn a jasmine or lavender incence in your room just before going to bed and see if that helps to alleviate your problem. Good luck to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
Cherry Ann (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
maybe you're having acute pancreatis. In my country we refer them as "orom" wherein you can't move and you can't control your body. During the nights maybe you consume too much alcohol plus eating oily stuff. Your pancreas secretes enzymes to break done this foods and in turn it somehow makes you dream/have a nightmare. And I think rose is right. Maybe your fear got the better of you? The mind is a tricky thing :)
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Mastery of darkness= First, what a name to refer yourself. It serves aa a target. A word is not always just a word. Words have meaning and there are verbs of calling. Second, when did you started exriencing these things? Surely, after reading these articles, stories of ghost, demons and open curiosity. You are letting your fear take control of you. Thinking if all you are reading can happen to you. Sure it can. Take control> You'll be fine. Praying is good.
Rose

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: