You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Or Not?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Or Not?

 

This is my first story here.

About 2 years ago, we decided to move out to a different apartment here in Mandaluyong situated on the top floor of a well-known apartment-condo type estate. The unit we chose back then were new and so are the other vacant units, except some were already rented with families staying there. I was eager because since it hadn't been occupied before, chances were, it was not haunted.

Then, things took a different turn. I worked in a call centre and was on Graveyard shift so I had to sleep during daytime. I was really tired and was trying to get some sleep one afternoon when I woke up, half-conscious, looking at my housemate standing at my feet, holding the blinds as if he was peering at something outside the window (my bed was on the floor and right beside the window). I asked him what he was looking at, he said nothing. I was really curious and asked him again, but he refused to tell me. Pissed, and still sleepy, I decided to just continue sleeping. I had then a really bad dream, and my housemate woke me up because he noticed I was no longer breathing. It was then that I recalled seeing him earlier and I again asked him what was it he was looking at.

Puzzled at the query, he then said, "What are you talking about?"

I was upset because he was denying it so I told him, "you were just standing on my bed, looking outside through the window blinds!"

"Well, I have been watching TV outside the room all afternoon. I just went here a few moments ago to use the laptop and to check on you."

We just dismissed it as a bad dream, thinking that I was probably tired. But there were times at night wherein you would see shadows from outside through the slit under the door when you very well knew that no one else was home and we didn't have pets since they weren't allowed. Again, those too, were dismissed as part of our imagination.

One night though, I woke up because I had to use the bathroom, as I always do. I'm very much used to it and I know what sounds are usually heard during 3am at home and most of them are discernable. This time, everything was unusually quiet. Then all of a sudden, a loud, whispering voice aired through the corners of the bathroom, as if saying a loud, hushed "Haaaaaaah!" I froze, waited for another related sound, listened for steps outside the bathroom, listened for any other sound that might be coming from the adjacent unit, but there was none. It was still, and very quiet. I then hurried outside the bathroom and forced myself to sleep.

That was the last so far; I have been up during the middle of the night countless times after that, with nothing else happening. I hesitated telling it to my housemates because it my scare them off. I was pretty sure as well that it wasn't them playing a prank on me because their bedroom doors were closed that night, and the sound of anyone of them opening a door will be very audible. More so, the unit is small that it's easy to see anyone lurking right outside the bedrooms and the bathroom before and after I used it. The unit and the building was new as well, so I couldn't think of any reason why it would be haunted.

Thoughts, friends?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazardfree, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-17)
Where in Mandaluyong? I am also from the Mandaluyong, and there are lots of condo-type apartment
rsf87 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Hi there. I just wanted to know if this was by any chance in GA Towers?
hazardfree (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
thanks for the insight, guys! So far nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet. Regarding a spirit following me, it is possible though, because my mom used to tell me that there seemed to be spirits attached to me when I was very young. I also tend to have a lot of nightmares, and there would be times that I would wake up not breathing. But most of these happened back in my hometown, rarely here.
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
im not a she by the way ima he, and hazard try to read verses out loud of the bible or put crusifaxes around the house if your a non believer try to find methods on search engines if it still haunts you goodluck
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Really weird/creepy. Have you ever thought maybe it was a succubus when you were having a bad dream, since your friend said you weren't breathing?
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
It could be a past loved one or like she said a attached ghost. I do not feel that this is a bad spirit. Good luck and God bless...
hazardfree (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
thanks for the input, I might check on it, especially grounds of the place where I currently stay. So far, no other weird incidences have happened, but another weird thing is that our aquarium lost some fish, no one else had access to our house and no other pets that could've eaten them (pets are not allowed, so we only got an aquarium and fish as pets). There was no evidence at all that they died, since no body was found. Nowhere within the unit. And no, they did not eat each other, it's just gold fish. Any other insight?
galvon (142 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
might be a ghost or shadow who attached itself to you and decided to just show up now and haunt you or the ground itself is haunted you might better do a background check the house/condo/appartment doesn't need to be haunted the very ground itself could be haunted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: