You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Scary Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

The Scary Encounter

 

This incident took place about few years ago. I was on vacation to "Kumta", a small town in Karnataka; I stayed there at my Aunt's place. My Aunt's house is located near "Gazni" (a series of small lakes where you breed prawns). Since I had visited there for the first time I had the curiosity to explore the place.

Let me tell you unlike me, my aunt is little bit of religious type, so she strictly forbids me to go near lakes. When I asked her the reason why? She told me that the place is not so auspicious and she cut my question there.

During night it was about 9:30 pm after dinner I set out for a walk. I still remember that day, it was full moon day, moon light made a glittery appearance to the lake waters, which Ganzi in turn made a pleasant view and the cool breeze drove me straight to Gazni. There were distant street lights in the Gazni and the view was spectacular.

May be half a kilometer walk into the Gazni I started experiencing something unusual, cold breeze struck to my body gave me a chilling experience. In the silent valley as I was walking I heard the sounds of multiple steps behind me, I felt a group of people approaching me from my behind, I could hear laughs, their talks, but not so clearly. I suddenly turned behind, to my shock I see an old woman may be of 80's standing behind and there was no one else.

I felt as if I am almost fainted as I could clearly feel a group of people behind me, but leaving an old women no one else was there. She had a long white hair which was set loose, a big stick in her hand, she did not have front teeth; she was slightly smiling, and has bluish eyes. After seeing this I don't know how but I just screamed a bit. I felt like electric shocks going through my body. I could not move, my feet started trembling, I was there for about 10-15 seconds and then I started running straight to the highway. When I reached the highway, I looked back to see no one in about a kilometer long Gazni.

When reached home I told my aunt about the incident. She and my cousin scolded me for going to Gazni, pinched my chicks and send me to bed. At night I was awakened by something, and I felt as if I am almost glued to bed, I could not move my head to other side, I could not speech, neither could I open my eyes.

I started crying, hearing this cousin came running to my room and she called my aunt. They made me to sit on the bed and asked me why I was crying, I could not explain but just I was crying. They gave me water and then applied some paste on my fore head, chest and on my feet, of an herb called "Appatisaal". After that I felt better and felt a sleep. The next two days I suffered very high temperatures but recovered quickly.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Harihar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Hi chandu_ricks, I also know that place, the bridge between Puttur and Udipi. Many people have felt creepy happenings at that place. Even though I am not from D.K., I have been visiting these places quite often. And the road between Mulki and Suratkal, especially in the nights, is also said to be famous for paranormal sightings.

The OP, I think, has not been visiting this site for quite long. But the story is good. I feel that he had sleep paralysis and the crying has got nothing to do with the sleep paralysis. Still a strange experience.

But whatever be the attitude of elders and others, if people are interested in paranormal, with due precautions, we should investigate. The OP could have investigated further, asked the natives of the village about the sighting, perhaps he could have got more information.

Regards and respects to you chandu_ricks.

SDS
chandu_ricks (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
Even my native is D.K, even I use to go for vacations on summer.

I recently had this experience...
There is another place you can see that is weird.
You can see this place on the way from udupi to puttur.
There is one small bridge. When you roam near the bridge in night times, you will experience that there is something around you.

Once I was going from chikmagalur to puttur by night around 10:20 or so... I stopped near bridge for some time and I got out of my car. When I came out and stood near the bridge I experienced the coldest thing around me and I got scared, tried to return to my car and get away from there. When I returned to my car and started
My car, suddenly a white cloudy thing came near my car. I was scared a bit. And vanished from that place.
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
Hi man nice experience you have. Dont mind

I believe you and this story but beware of Night in saml towns and villages next time. You know maximum sprits you would find near lakes, forts, damage villages ect. So take care next time and thanks for sharing.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Hi Harihar, Your name reminds me of AYAPPA SWAMI who is known as HARIHARA thanks for the story I think that the lady must be a wandering soul & may be there will a bad history there. Take Care. God Bless you all.
Harihar (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Hello this is harihar I read about the comments. WReck said about "Appatisaal".It is the local name.
See Apattisaal is a rear tree bark which is found mainly found in "Western ghats",India.
It is said and also scientifically proved to some extent that when you apply paste of appatisaal on your body it provides positive heat and removes all the fear from the body.
AngelDemonGhost101 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Yes, ArchAngelMichael39 I agree with the whole "Exorcism can be harmful to body and mind". I was reading about this poor 12 year old who had to have one and he almost died during it sounded like he was in a lot of pain and you really wouldn't want that. Have you had any more trouble with this demonic spirit? Maybe you should anoint the house. (With the permission from your aunt of course). Or maybe get a priest in if it really starts getting out of hand. You should really try to get rid of it quickly as sometimes Demonic Spirits can move around with you.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Daisy
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
was woundering what Appatisaal I can not find anything at al about it. Tried to google it and this story was the only thing it found.
ArchAngelMichael39 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
I agree with AngelDemonGhost101
You should not keep this to your self.
If it happens again: confide in
A person you trust. BUT: dont' let this
Demonic sprit into your life.
Possesions are likely but unlikely.
More of a 45-50% chance. But exorcism
Can be harmful to body and mind.

Good Luck,

Sam ❤
AngelDemonGhost101 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
That is strange, if it stuck you to the bed like that it was probably a demon or a very powerful entity. Maybe you should talk to your aunt and explain what happened. She'll probably understand then. You should also try finding out about the lakes history. Maybe something tragic happened there. Hope you can find out what's really going on.

Good luck 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: