You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Burning Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Burning Ghost

 

Before I was born, my great uncle Joseph died. He was electrocuted to death while working on a power line outside of my great grandmother's house in Jackson, Georgia. One night, when I was about seven years old, I was sitting in the living room at my great grandmother's house with my aunt, Natasha. Grandma was asleep. At about ten o'clock, Natasha stood and said that she had smelt something burning. She went into the kitchen and looked inside the oven. Nothing was inside. She then looked in the microwave. Nothing in there either. She checked all of the outlets and wires, but nothing was wrong with anything as far as she could tell. She called me and we walked to the window to check outside. When we looked out the window, we saw a man standing where the pole that held up the power line used to stand. The man was on fire, and he seemed to stare at us from across the lawn. I had never seen the man before, but Natasha said that it was my dead uncle's ghost.

The next morning, Natasha and I asked Grandma about what we had seen and she told us that it had happened at least five times before. She said that her Rottweiler Baby sometimes stood in her pin with her ears perked up and she starts barking at the same place the ghost was always seen standing at.

My question is, was what we had seen really Uncle Joseph's ghost?

If anyone knows what happened or why the ghost still haunts my grandmother's house, please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alicecosantia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

alicecosantia (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
risidual haunting, like just left over from his spirit? If that's the case, how do we get rid of it?
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
It actually sounds like a residual haunting, since it seems to play over and over again. But if it's not, like the other posters said, you could try telling him to move on.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
I speak to my Ghosts on a regular basis (will explain in a post) and I seem to not have any problems with them
:)
alicecosantia (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Okay. I'll try that first and see if it works. Thank you very much. I'll take all the help I can get.
sillyoldwoman (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Sorry to interfere, but I just wanted to mention I have seen other writings that indicated speaking to spirits made hauntings much, much worse. Perhaps to be on the safe side, you might pray to God to send an angel to help poor Uncle Joseph move on to a better place.
alicecosantia (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Though what do you mean by returning? Like coming back to life? Is that possible?
alicecosantia (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Thank you very much for the comment. I will make sure to try this and see if it works.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
It is quite possible your uncle is returning. When violent deaths occur, as this one sounds like it was, it is thought that there may be unresolved issues from the deceased. Your uncle may have some thing unresolved.

My suggestion is when and if he is seen again, tell him to cross over to the light. That it is okay to rest.

Say prayers for him to allow him peace so he does not have to relive that horrible moment when he lost his life.

Thanks for taking the time to share what must be a very difficult incident for your family.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: