You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: When Vulnerable, Ghost Prowls

Real Ghost Stories

When Vulnerable, Ghost Prowls

 

My friend lives in a building, and in his suite, he tells me there's something weird about it, like a presence, He stays with his family, his mom, and two little brothers. He lived there for a couple of years. I believed him because I had previous Ghost experiences.

Just recently, his family and I were partying for a good 5 days straight. Then one night About 4am I awoke to a bunch of bare feet foot steps, like kids so I got up looked around no one was there, I thought it was the kids, but it was still dark and everyone was still asleep, I still felt half cut from the night before and half asleep, I was on the couch in the living room the TV was on but it was on mute, so I didn't really think nothing of it. I covered my head with the blanket. Then I closed my eyes then I heard some sort of music in my head that reminded me of the song hotel California (the eagles). I opened my eyes under the blanket. Listened and it was still there. Then the foot steps got louder then before, like they were running back and forth right beside me, so I tried to get up to look but I couldn't move. Then I panicked and tried to yell, but couldn't, my arms were on my chest and I couldn't move. I then heard like a thousand voices in my head, and through the holes in the blanket I could see a dark figure standing over me watching me. I tried yelling and getting up but still couldn't. The figure moved away and as it did I felt I could move my arms slowly, so I pushed the blanket off, sat up looked around nothing was there, no noise, nothing.

I got up walked around, and everyone was asleep. I started thinking I must be going crazy. I felt scared (and I don't scare easy). So I just lied there scared. Wondering what the hell it was, so I covered my head closed my eyes, and just as I was about to fall asleep the music, and footsteps started again, I opened my eyes under the blanket and saw the dark figure again, and again I couldn't move or yell. It felt as if something sat on me and was choking me. Then it went away. I sat up all night with the lights on until my friend's mom woke up. I called her and told her I was scared, and what happened to me. She told about the house and that happened to her too, and that it doesn't happen all the time, mostly when your half asleep, drunk or most vulnerable

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BennyB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
my mother calls this 'attack' but she never told me why. I heard that it was some kind of monster that preys on women what ever state of mind they are in. I met a dark figure on 2 or 3 ocasions, I remember once it sat on my bed holding my hand making kissing noises. Yes, I was awake. 😨
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I believe you I've had an exp where I was sobering and would hear stuff and something hit my bed while I was barely drifting to sleep
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I would think after 5 days of partying you were lucky you weren't seeing pink elephants. Not saying you didn't experience something paranormal but more than likely what you experienced was sleep paralysis due to being over tired. In that state it's hard to separate reality from fantasy. Should this happen to you when you are straight, rested and awake let us know.
pilarB (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
Oh yes, I experienced same thing before, when half-asleep, half-awake, everything becomes weird and dreams become nightmares. What I do every night before retiring for the day, I cover my ears with a hanky (wherein Psalm 91 written all over it) and sign of the cross because in the night, I hear whispers around; sometimes, worst, some shouts too! Nightmares will only stop if I pray especially when reciting the Lord's Prayer or Apostles' Creed. Take care and God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: