You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Voicemail From Beyond?

Real Ghost Stories

Voicemail From Beyond?

 

A family friend of ours, who was 47 years old (I will call John), passed away Thursday June 25, 2009, leaving behind a wife and two young daughters. My dad was best friends with John, and he and my dad both owned a Corvette. John had a ritual of taking one of his daughters in his Corvette for "Cruise Night" every Thursday night.

One week after he passed away (on a Thursday), my dad decided to take John's youngest daughter in his Corvette and planned to meet John's brother-in-law at McDonalds who had John's older daughter in her dads Corvette. Well, the brother-in-law kept on driving past McDonalds so my dad grabbed his cell phone to get in touch with John's wife to get the brother-in-laws cell phone number. When my dad went to make the call, he saw he had a voicemail.

The voicemail was from November 8, 2008 and was from John. My dad, who was with John's youngest daughter, kind of freaked and quickly shut his phone. Well, later on that night when my dad went home, he told my mom what happened. (Side note: my mom is a big believer in spirits and has gone to a medium; my dad on the other hand is not much of a believer). My mom had my dad go get his cell phone and she listened. Basically the message said "Hey Steve, its John, give me a call back when you get a chance. Thanks, Bye." That was the message from November 2008, a message my dad had never heard even back in November.

Then my mom said, well you have another new voicemail. I don't know how to describe the message, other than angels singing. When I first listened, chills ran all through my body and my eyes teared up. At first, it is an "angel" lady singing, and then a group joins in. It gets staticy and it sounds very distant, and all I can hear is a lady singing "I'm supposed to..." and it cuts out. It's been almost a month since that has happened and it still makes me wonder.

I checked my dads missed call log and it said it came from a 1-800 number but I tried calling it back and it said the number cannot be reached. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them, or if there is some other explanation for it. I have tried coming up with other reasons but no matter what the second message is, I still found it amazing that an old voicemail from John was sent to my dad's phone, especially when he was with his youngest daughter.

I told my dad that I thought it was John saying "thank you" for taking care of his daughter and doing something with her and that he can no longer do. Please let me know what you think! Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abcf1226, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scott123 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Hi... Fascinating story. Was wondering if you still have the voice mail. Maybe you could make an mp3 file of it? Just wondered.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
Thanks for sharing this very inspirational story. I do not think it is coincidence... In fact, I would take it as a personal sign from the father. Too many times people want to say it is just a coincidence, I also used to be that way. Now I just except things like this as a sign from our loved ones. 😁
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-07)
Woah...that's a really great story. In my opinion, it sounds like maybe the phone message is coming from Heaven. I mean, come on... Angels singing... Sounds like it's from far away...it's possible!So, I'm guessing they have phones in Heaven.Cool!
RudyMartinez14 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Hey the exact same thing happen to me, my great grandma died a few years back, the other week I got a voicmail with that angel singing and the group joinin, and I tryed callin it back and it said the exact same thing...weird
ysbrydnos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
That is an amazing story. Think your uncle was trying to get in touch and thank your father for sure. I hope all your family can gather strength from this. Xx
nattasha-antoinette21 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Very touching and such a lovely story... It is wonderful that you even decided to post this story for us to see. What a blessing. ❤
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
How horrible for a family to loose a loved one on June 25th 2009 for both someone special you knew and the families of Farrah and MJ.

I came close to loosing a loved on the date of June 25th but back in 2003. My very own daughter Lilike (Lily) was born on June 25th 2003, she stuggle shortly after birth with skin pulling in under her ribs (rib retractions) after a whiff of oxygen earlier, she was as pale as a ghost, she had a white cell count with toxic changes a possibel indicator for septic blood infection. It was so scary to see her pale full term a good weight of 7 pounds 1 ounce and struggling to breathe, Since Id seen our 22 year old dog as a child laying there not eating with rib retractions having to be put to sleep. Yet this same breathign issue was happening to a new life the life of my own flesh and blood which is far more scarier. She got iv antibiotics the day she was born and despite being on 23-28% blow in 02 into a humidicrib for less then 24 hours after 7 days of antibiotics and wonderful bottle feeding/demanding since less then 24 hour she went home healthy at 9 days old. On June 29th 2009 my daughter healthy as can be celebrated her six birthday. While poor MJ passed over from ill and fragile health. I remember seeing my daughter fragile and struggling to breathe on the same day June the 25th knowing today she is a healthy girl!
Composerman (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Thank you for posting this account, I believe that spirit uses any means possible to try to communicate their continued existance after death, and I have heard similar accounts of phone messages being left. Have you still got the messages recorded, and is there any way that you could transfer the recordings onto a computer and upload it for us to listen to? I know that may be asking alot, but it would certainly be interesting to hear them! Thanks!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Hello abcf1226 and thank you for sharing this sad and yet so hopeful experience with us!

I do believe in coincidence but I also think this was TOO coincidental.

I think it was John's way of saying "thank you" to your dad... "thank you" for being a good friend and "thank you" for loving his children as his own.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
abcf1226--Coincidence? Heck no! It's hard to believe, but there've been numerous cases very similar to the chain of events you describe, between children/parents and other significant relatives, but life doesn't get better than we all have a friend like your father and "John." Every piece of what seems like mundane words and events signify so much more, not the least of which that there's another plane of reality and kindness exists there. Thanks for the story ~ James
BansheeLee (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing that. I do believe it could have been Johns spirit showing signs that he is grateful for your fathers kind act. There have been numerous acounts of spirits contacting the living. Accounts dating back to when phones began. All accounts that I have read or heard about they all say that the voice they hear seems far away in the distance... Very interesting. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: