You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rensselaer, Indiana

Real Ghost Stories

Rensselaer, Indiana

 

Between the age of nine and thirteen I experienced several interesting nights. I remember going to bed one night and being in a deep sleep. All of a sudden I was fully awake and I had a sense of nothing under me. I opened my eyes, and looked around my room. It was then that I realized that I was in the air and I was really cold. Then I fell with a thud onto my bed. (I slept in loft bed with a desk connected to it.) I looked over at my computer and lamp and saw that they were shaking violently as if they were about to fall of the desk. I think that this was because of my fall. After falling, the coldness went away all together. This phenomenon happened several nights over a few months, and then together stopped.

Another event that happened at my old house was one night when I was in my room reading my book when I heard very old folk music. I went out into the living room, and discovered that my parents were not listening to that, and that they had not been listening to it before. I went back into my room, and it was quiet again. I sat for another half an hour, and heard the music again. I discovered that it was coming from just outside my window. I went, towards the window, and felt a cold rush. I knew it couldn't be the neighbor's music because they were on vacation. At that point the music stopped again, and didn't play again all night. That was that last of it I heard.

I remember, for the six years that I lived in that house, whenever I walked past the bathroom when it was dark, I felt a mysterious presence. I would be walking casually by, and then feel like some one was pushing me to run. Run for my life. This happened Every time I went past the dark bathroom, but I could walk by any other dark room and feel just fine.

I also remember that just about every night when I went to sleep, I felt a presence that a cat was with me. I had cats, but they weren't in my room when I went to sleep. I remember that when my parents turned out the lights, I would feel something lightly pounce on my bed, and little paws walk up to and on my pillow then it would lay down by my head. There was no cat there though.

I don't know why this happened, but it really did open my eyes to the paranormal world.

Other hauntings by shy_n_kind

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shy_n_kind, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shy_n_kind (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
No, I didn't know a lot about the house. Its actually a Duplex, and there are 2 others like it, built and run by the same man.
izzychic27 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
well it sounds as if there are many spirits there! Do you know any info about the house?
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Rensselaer, Indiana has quite a few places/areas that claim to be haunted. Especially St. Joesph College

Do you still live in the area?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: