You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Good Or Bad Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Good Or Bad Spirit?

 

To start off, I am 16 years old and live in an old house, that I've always believed to be kind of "haunted". My entire family and I have had little encounters with what we believe to be spirits just like many other people have had, but what happened to me last week definitely beats any other little thing that has happened to me before.

I went to sleep around 10:30 last week because I was exhausted, making it a really early night for me. I woke up after what felt like sleeping for a while, and in my head I was guessing it was around 5am... Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I look at my phone to check the time. As I opened my eyes to lean over and grab my phone from my side table, out of the glimpse of my eye I thought I saw something floating. I turned my head a little and there I saw my sisters fleece blanket draped, floating... I was confused and shut my eyes without grabbing my phone figuring I was seeing things and when I opened my eyes it would be gone. As I shut my eyes, this weird feeling came over my body... Pretty much felt like I was being sucked out of it. I heard this really strange noise as I felt like I was being "sucked out" which is honestly the only way I can describe it, as stupid as it sounds. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out and the sucking just felt stronger. I opened my eyes and as soon as I did I saw a girl floating above my bed. The description I am about to give is after about 3 seconds of looking because as soon as I opened my eyes and confirmed that what I was seeing was really there, even more fear set in and I shut them very quickly.

The girl was around my age, 16-18 years old I would guess. She had long light brown hair with bangs and she was just looking at me, floating above me very close to my face. I'm pretty sure she was wearing a light colored dress. I couldn't tell if she was an evil or good spirit, she was just looking at me with her eyes really wide, I think her mouth was open also but no sound was coming out, unless that was the sound I was hearing as I felt like I was being "sucked out". I remember very clearly her hand was clutched and aimed at me exactly the way it would look as if she was holding a knife, but there was nothing in her hand. After I shut my eyes I started praying in my head because my body was frozen and I was unable to move or speak.

I remember crossing my fingers also because moving my fingers felt like the only thing I could do. As soon as I started praying in my head, I felt myself going back to normal at a pretty good pace. About a minute later I didn't hear any more of the "sucking" noise and I felt completely back in my body. I waited about two or three minutes to open my eyes because I definitely wasn't trying to see that girl again. When I did open my eyes, everything was normal and how it should be. I grabbed my phone and ran for the door and went straight downstairs. As it turns out it was only around 12:15 and I hadn't been sleeping as long as I thought. My sister and Dad were both still up so I explained what had happened as best as I could but I was still beyond scared.

My parents are trying to convince me I was sleeping and that it was just a dream that felt real, but I know the difference between having a dream that feels real and something actually happening. I might have even believed it was a dream if it wasn't for the strong feeling of being "sucked" out of my body.

Needless to say I haven't slept in my room since it happened about a week ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oc3anbreezexx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shafowrealated (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-29)
Do not wory she is not the bad spirit I had the same expirience back in 2015 I have just awoke and I was not able to move anything exept my head and fingers, slowly I gain the ability to move the rest of my body but I heard the word stop, and soon I fealted the worst pain in my life just like somone is draging part of me out of my body and that feling of yours felling of being sucked out the was also wearing the white dress and spoken softely, son enough the cloud of mist was around me and something was going out of me some old women with skin like red purpule mix, eyes like from the jeff the killer and claws so giant, the have tried ti get into me agin but the girl floating above loced her angry and trew her so strong that she moved all furniture the closet was moved so mutch that it almost fall down, after dome thime the witch/demon diapeared and 5 minute later the girl floating above have aswell, before zhat I was literaly scared of everything especialy dark, after that morning I'm not afraid of anything exept to sleep in the dark (im not afraid I just can't sleep in the dark believe me I tryed and it end up in that to I am awake all night and sleep in the morning or it does not matter if I'm awake that day I'm still not gona actualy sleep at night if the lights are switched of, so before that I was scared of going from school by my foot from begining of the village (cuz bus that come inside willage is coming in 20:30am and the bus that is just infront the village is there in18:30am so it woud be faster to go on foot instead of waiting for another bus just becose I'm afraid of so called"haunted forest"now I'm not afraid, some times when I'm angry I'm instantly feling calm and hearing music that I heard on my pc earlier, wh3n I'm hert I feal 50% less pain and I always feal nervous and as I'm being watched but not on the creepy way the fealing of being nervous is like I'm having to mutch energy no matter how mutch I run I can't spend it all, the fealing of being watched is coming with that calming down I often smell some roses in my room do my mother say mo room stink due to how mutch I fart, I often smell roses and other flowers and when is like now summer time just like air bevome colder and when is cold like something is warming me up
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
Oh my God that never happened to me except if you read my story*if it ever publishes* 😠 you'll know but it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me 😭 God bless us all~Katherine~
Hylian_Pixl (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
What I think the "sucking" was was her taking some of your energy to manifest herself. It would've taken a lot of energy to manifest that clearly. She could be trying to tell you something, or she could be trying to hurt you physically. You should probably get a psychic to come in and see if the "sensation" he or she gets is good or evil.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Quite creepy an experience... Hye do read this story on this site

"The Night I still can't forget" - the thing you experienced and the way you got relieved were exactly same with the thing I went through except for the narration of the girl. Do check it out and let me know...
curtis354 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
this probably has nothin to do withs the story but I need help I was playin my guitar an my electronic cuircuit turnt its self on I wanted to know if that was my bro who is dead
x0vulnerable0x (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
Personally I do not think she is evil.
She would have done something more if she was evil.
But you can't really tell unless you see her some more, maybe get to know her. She might want help.

If you don't like it being there, and you can speak at the time of seeing her just say either.

" In gods name leave my house"
Or " In gods name what do you want"
Thats what I have always been told and it has helped me before when I was younger.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
Maybe the spirit's hand was positioned to strike at your silver cord once you were forced from your body. The silver cord is what keeps you connected to your body, once it is cut, you die. That is what I have read, anyway. Good thing your will is stronger than hers and you prayed. Also, it may have just been a dream, but if it was not just a dream, I feel the spirit was definetly up to no good.
oc3anbreezexx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
Hoochler,
I couldn't really say if the fear was being projected or if it was just because of me. God forbid it ever happens again, but if it does I will try to be calm and if I am unbelievably afraid again then I would guess that you are correct and that the fear is being projected on me, probably making it an evil spirit. Although like reneespring said, the way that the spirits hand was did not seem at all friendly in the least so I feel that also plays a part in weather it is a good or bad spirit.

Jenniferford,
Everything you said makes plenty of sense, the only thing that really makes me doubt weather it is good or bad like I said results around the way her hand was positioned. Also I feel if it was a good spirit it would project a sort of calmness on me and get rid of the bad feelings I felt towards it so that it could have made it be known it was not an evil presence.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
I feel that she was not evil. I know that when you see these things that you have fear right off hand and you can not control it. Do you live in the city or around a lot of people? She could have a loved one close by or she could have grown to like you and followed you. You said you knew your home was haunted. Well she could be stuck in the home. I think she just wanted you to know she was there and I feel you will never see her again, unless she really likes you. If that's the case then talk to her when you are not in fear. Let her know that she freaked you out and you do not mind her there, just not to let you know because you didn't like how she showed herself. That might help. If you have not been harmed, you will not be harmed. If you didn't know, there is a spirit world that people go to when they die. People say you die and go to haven or they go to hell. The Bible says that no one will enter haven until God comes to get his people. God has not yet come, so these spirits have to have some place to go. Its spirit world. I have had so many people say that havens doors are opened. Nope its not, so we have to live with them and they have to live with us. The thing is we can't see them all the time, but they can see us. Its pretty cool if you think about it. Good luck and God bless. Oh and you did the right thing when you prayed:)
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Or maybe it was a dead girl, newly dead or in a coma, hoping to sever you from your body so that she can take over your body & live.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I am wondering if the spirit could've been another living girl, who was astrally projecting to you & trying to pull you out of your body to meet her on the astral plane for some strange reason. The way her hand was held does not sound friendly.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I agree with Hoochler. If you do see the spirit again you need to command it to leave in the name of Jesus even if you don't feel threatened by the spirit. When you tell it to go away you need to have athority in your voice, try not to sound scared. If you are confronted by the spirit again and you find that you can't move then pray to God, he will hear you. I know this because I have gone through something similar to what you went through last week, except it was different. I was being pushed down into my mattress instead of feeling as if I were being sucked out of my body. So I know how scary that experience must have been.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Since no one is answering your question as to whether this is a good or bad spirit, I will give my two cents on this.

If you were feeling this fear / terror on your own terms and you actually had control of your fear and were in effect choosing to be afraid (like you might be if you saw a dog that was coming to bite you), the fear might have simply been coming from you as a result of your experience. If this were the case, it says nothing about the spirit or it's intent towards you.

If you were having this fear projected onto you, that is a different story. Did you feel as if this fear came out of no where and was somehow being forced onto you, that you had no control over it or it was unusually powerful? If so, that would suggest you were dealing with an evil spirit because fear is not a tool of good spirits. This is a general rule of course, I suppose there could be exceptions, but spirits can project thought forms and emotions onto us and if your spirit was choosing to make you afraid, that speaks volumes about the nature and intent of the spirit.

Also, was it possible that there was more than one spirit? If fear was being projected onto you, did you get the feeling that the girl spirit you saw was the projector?

Only you can answer if this was a good, evil (or neutral) spirit. A good way to judge this is to examine how you feel around the spirit. Keep in mind that not all spirits that make you feel good are indeed good themselves, but if a spirit is causing you to be afraid, that is a good indication of evil.

If you see this spirit again, try to control your fear and try to not be afraid of it. If that proves impossible, if your fear is overwhelming and more strong than you are used to feeling and it feels like this spirit is the source, those would all be indications that your fear is being projected onto you by the spirit, and in my opinion that would imply that the spirit in question is evil. If you can't control the fear, try to concentrate on the fear and figure out where the fear is comeing from. In the past I have had the feeling that the spirit (that I could not even see) was the source of my fear, like it was a projector and I was was the screen.

If you can control your fear next time this spirit comes around, than the jury is still out on the intent of this spirit. If you don't encounter this spirit again, I suppose it doesn't matter one way or the other if it is good or evil.

If this spirit does come back again, I suggest that you tell it in as loud of a voice as you can (or in as loud of a thought as you can if you can't talk) that if the spirit does not come to you in the name of God, then it MUST leave you. Tell it in no uncertain terms that if the spirit is not an agent of God, you revoke any permission it has to be around you. Then ask God for help if it does not go away.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
Just reading your story scared me. I had a similar experince, but I only saw the person for about three seconds. She or "it" looked as if "it" were dead and had decayed a little. "It" had long wavy hair that looked as if it had been soaked in blood and the blood was also dried. The face of this person was very scary because this person's face looked as if it were the face of a mummy. There was also dried blood on the face, and the one thing I will never forget is the blank stare that "it's" dead charcoal black eyes gave me. I saw this person twice. Just like you I had also just came out of my peaceful sleep only to find that horrible face staring back at me.
jboxa5000 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
What you experienced was actually a state called sleep paralysis. This is the state in-between being asleep and awake. In this state normal voluntary movement is blocked in the brain, so that you don't mimic your actions in the dream, in real life. In this state your movement is still blocked as your not fully awake, your dream state is still pumping stimuli into your conscious mind, making you hallucinate, hear and feel. Many people who have experienced sleep paralysis feel a sensation of being pulled away from there selves, some even have out of body experiences (OBE)
oc3anbreezexx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I really hope I never see it again to have to tell it to leave, I feel like if I do ever have another encounter I will be just as frozen with fear as before so I'm not sure I will be able to command it to leave.
Does it seem like it is a good or bad spirit to you guys?
Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
I hear you, you would know if you were sleeping or not. If aghost is frightening you try to calm down and think about what it has come for or who it is. Some time they are so confusing and frightening but they just want to help and they are probabley scared too.
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
Dear Oc3anbreezexx,

If it happens again make the spirit leave. Command it to leave in the name of Jesus. Phillipians 2:9-11 Colossians 2:15 You can also test the spirit according to 1 John 4:1-4 if it fails the test then you know it is a bad spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: