You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Bedroom

 

The previous house was located on a quiet neighborhood, built just 10 years before my family and I moved in. It was spacious; I had my own room for once. I have younger siblings and everyone with siblings knows; they tend to take your things without asking. I would lock my bedroom door whenever I head to work or school, and even when I'm in bed, just so they won't get their sticky hands on my things.

A couple of months after the move, in one evening, I head to bed earlier than everyone in my family. I also locked my bedroom door. I was asleep for a while but was woken up by my siblings' voices and laughter - it seemed like they were partying in my room. I could also felt my mattress springs going up and down - as if someone was jumping on my bed. I was so tired; I didn't even bother to open my eyes so I yelled, "Get out, now!" This continued for a minute or so. I opened my eyes just a little bit and I saw my little sister's face right in front of mine, looking at me while I slept - the lights were also on. Again, I shouted, "Get out or I'm going to tell mom and dad!" I heard my little sister giggling but the bed jumping and the talking persisted.

I got so upset, but was still so tired - eyes still closed, I gave her another warning and turned to sleep on my tummy with my pillow over my head. All of a sudden, I felt my entire body go numb and the hair on the back of my neck stood up - I felt a pair of icy hands on the back of my neck. Then my little sister's voice said, "Wake up."

I got out of bed immediately with rage like a madwoman, I shouted, "This is the last straw!" To my surprise, the room was empty, the lights were off, and I was alone in the bedroom. I knew it wasn't a dream, I was tired but I knew exactly what was going on the entire time.

Could I be under the Old Hag's spell?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

StephIAm143 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
U just scared the living heck outta mee lol 😲 But to be serious it was really good I've had an expirience like that before... Exacly like that acually. 😨
Emma (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Well, I'll share with you another experience, the room that my brother lived in at my parents house was always way too hot! It wasn't until years later that we found out that the "hot water pipe" that ran under his room (several feet down) was busted for so long! Once they fixed it, then it felt normal after that. In your instance, maybe when they built your room they didn't install any or enough insulation within the walls. Not to say that there isn't a paranormal explanation, I just like to investigate the more logical and rational explanations first. Anyway, I still haven't posted my post, I'll try to do that soon and I hope you'll read it. Thanks!
Mikayla (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
WOW Kodak, that was a real freaky story! I think the worst thing that has ever happeed to my family was when my grandpa was little. He was laying in bed and that day he had gotten a phone call that Malcome(His Couzin) Had been hit by a train. So while he was laying in the house he heard the towlet flush when he was in the house alone. So he got up to check what was going on but when he got there he saw a fugure that looked like his couzin in the bathroom. My grandpa was soo freaked that he ran to is room but as he ran the lights satarted to flicker on and off. My grandpa said malcome is that you... And then the mysterious ghost flushed the towlet. After that day Malcome or what ever it was never came back. I believe that is was Malcome coming back to say his last good by's to my grandfather. Rest in peace Malcome!

xoxo Mikayla
Kodak (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Thank you for your comment Emma.

Sometimes the brain have it's way of playing with us. I've had the old hag syndrome before however I'm uncertain about this particular experience. The thing is, my room was the coldest in the house even though it's smacked right inbetween my grandma's room and the living room. Both rooms have normal temperature throughout the year but my room is constantly freezing - even in the summer. My parents checked out the vents, there isn't a problem from there. That room's just eerie.
Emma (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
I believe you may have had an episode of sleep paralysis. Take it from me, I've experienced it before many times and it feels like you're awake, but you are actually dreaming. You know your surroundings so well, especially in your room, that is why your dreams are so detailed. You also are familiar with your families voices and I think it is so easily to think you hear them laughing and talking. Part of you is sleeping and dreaming, while another part of you is conscious. I don't think you're under any spell, it's just one of those things that you can't explain. Please read my post, I'll try to post it this weekend. It is all about my own experiences with sleep paralysis. Take care - Emma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: