You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late For School

Real Ghost Stories

Late For School

 

During the time when I was in high school, about 15 years ago, I remember sitting on the couch in my aunt's family room as my mother told an eerie story to her sister. The story goes something like this...

Mid-morning at around 9:00am my mother dozed off on the sofa. She was awakened by me kissing her and telling her goodbye as I headed out to school. She looked at the clock on the wall and said to me, "Did you forget to set your alarm clock again"? I just simply replied with a "yes". She got up and said to me, "Let me go grab the keys and I'll take you to school." She went to her bedroom, grabbed the keys from the top of her dresser, grabbed her coat from the closet and came out. Much to her surprise I was not there. She called out to me thinking I might be somewhere in the house. I did not answer. She opened the front door thinking I was waiting for her outside. I was not there. She went to my bedroom thinking I must have forgotten something. I was not there. She came to a realization that one of my friends came and picked me up.

That afternoon around 3:30 I came home from school. My mother was in the kitchen cooking when I walked up to her and gave her a peck on the cheek. "How was your day?" she asked. I told her that I was very tired for I had not gotten enough sleep the night before. She then said to me, "I know but next time try to remember to set your alarm clock, okay?" At hearing this I got quite confused. Then she asked, "So who took you to school?" Standing there like an idiot in a state of total confusion, I said to her, "What are you talking about? I took the bus to school." She then said, "No bus runs at 9:00 a.m." She saw this puzzling look on my face as I told her that I took the 6:30am bus, and I was not late for school. She became very upset catching me red-handed, lying to her. And more so she was shocked that I even told such lie. I could see that she was furious with me. To avoid further confrontation I just ignored her and went to my bedroom and shut the door.

That evening my brother and I sat down for dinner. In seeing that my mother not speaking to me, he asked if everything was all right. She told him what happened that morning and how I lied about it. As I listened to her story I became angry at the fact that none of that ever happened. I told my brother to confirm I was on the bus with him that morning. He did and told her she must have been dreaming. To this very day she's absolutely positive she was not dreaming, that she never even went back to sleep that morning when I was late for school.

There had been a couple of unfortunate/fatal incidents happening inside and outside the apartment prior to us moving in. We did not learn of this until after another strange encounter my mother had (I will save this story for another day) which led her to believe that our home was not ours. She quickly became acquainted with the neighbours and learned that someone was shot and killed in our apartment and someone else was shot and died on the hood of a car belonging to previous occupant. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the story above, but I wouldn't be surprised at the possibility.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ReduxDebunked, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
I heard of this before you were on the bus with your brother and your mom maybe saw another person
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
I've heard about ghosts like that b4 in books and stuff... Sorry 2 ask, but what's a doppleganger? 😕
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Yes Sound like a doppleganger to me, Hard to tell by a ghost that can shape shilfer.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
No ghostluver she was with her brother to the bus that morning, but the mom was confused and angry not believe what her and her brother say.
ReduxDebunked (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Ghostluver, my brother confirmed that I was on the bus with him. My mom never went back to sleep after it was supposedly me waking her up.

Hylian_Pixl, not sure I really believe that doppelgangers exist. Though I was largely part of the story the paranormal aspect never happened to me. You really can't become a true believer of the paranormal unless you've personally experienced something unworldly. With that said, I have doubts that what happened to my mother was real.

Cline1986, premonition, not quite sure but that's a possibility.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Hi ReduxDebunked
Are yu sure that your mother was not just having a premonition?

Bye:)
Hylian_Pixl (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
Oh crap, doppleganger maybe?

Those are never a good sign.

Best of luck in dealing with it.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-03)
wow. That's a really cool story! 😁 I am not so sure what 2 think of it... The brother said that your mom was on the bus with him. Maybe the mom was dreaming very interesting...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: