You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Man

 

In our house we have a bedroom that is separate from the rest of the house. Far away from all other bedrooms, but very close to the living room. I have always had a strange feeling about that room, but not enough to stay out the room.

One year it became my bedroom and I had no problems, until one night all the lights in the house were off except my bedroom light. As I walked a few steps out of my room, I not only saw but felt the presence of a tall man. He was very tall with broad shoulders, and outlines in the dark with a bit of red tint in the middle. I never took my eyes off him as I bent down to turn on the lamp on a table beside me. I thought maybe it was my uncle Patrick, and he might have stayed the night. So as I switched on the light and said Pat? I looked away for a second to turn the switch and he was gone, but I KINOW something was there. To this day I haven't been able to get it out of my head.

Now when I walk around the house I sense things. Sometimes it's a change in the pressure of the room, never a climate change, always a pressure change. Like there is someone with me. I usually pray and the feeling goes away, but always comes back.

I have no idea what could be going on. I hope someone does.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carolinawolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crazieb16 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
do you feel nausios claustraphobic and all of that cause that can be a sign of a ghost
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Instead of praying when you feel the presence, try just praying everyday for the power of God to be with you and that no evil touch you and ask God to build a hedge of protection around you. You already have proof that God is saving you from these events, why not make him a part of your life, then he is with you all the time and these things stay away. He has given you the gift of discerment but he wants you to use it for His glory. Pray and ask Him to show you how He wants you to use this gift and you will be blessed beyond measure. If you feel it again, just say out loud, "God Rebuke You" and it will be out of there in a slit second. It sounds like God wants you to ask Him about your gift, He wants you to recognize that it is from Him, I wish I had it, you do so use it the way your Creator meant for you to use it, He is the only one that has the answers.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
I'm sure whatever is going on is that this ghost has been following you. Not like stalking, please don't take it that way, but like following you in the house. It may be attached to the house in some way and for some reason finds something interesting about you.

If this spirit is really freaking you out then do a purification of the house, call over a priest or something to get rid of the spirit. You pray and he goes away, but then he comes back, why don't you hang up crosses around the house, use holy water in the rooms of your house. He seems like the type of spirit that will go away if you ask him to leave and by hanging up crosses it should keep him out. Out of curiousity, why do you call this story 'The Red Man'?

Thanks
-Hope 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: