You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Screaming Pressure

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming Pressure

 

I'm 17 years old and about to be a senior in high school, the house I live in was built in 1959. It's not an old house but the land it's built on was once an old walnut grove and was a walnut grove from like 1890 to 1940 or somewhere around there.

Almost every night that I lay diagonally on my bed in my little 10 x 10 bedroom, I start to feel a pressure in my head where my ears are then my room seems to get quieter then within minutes, it is almost like someone is squeezing my head with their hands. I can feel the fingers and everything in my hair, and every time I feel that, I hear a man screaming and some times the screams sound more demonic or something, it's hard to describe the screams they sound close but distant at the same time, maybe the guy's being beaten or being killed heaven knows. Every night that I hear the muffled screams, I wonder why some one or something is covering my ears. I can still hear them I don't understand why my ears are being covered.

I've told my parents and my sister this before, but they always say that the house is not old enough to be haunted and I don't understand why I'm the only one in the house who hears and see's everything, I think that land is haunted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cheychey2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crash (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-07)
Depending where in California that you are, it could be Native American, Mexican, Russian...there's a lot of possibilities there, so it would be difficult to narrow down just what method would work best if you are wanting to get rid of it.

Something could be covering your ears in an attempt to shield you from whatever is making the screaming; trying to help you.

Also though, just to be more sure what you're dealing with, your floor is totally level right? Some places I've stayed, the floor or even the mattress can be tilted and you're gettin a little more blood to your head, kind of like you're doing a headstand. That can cause the muted sound in your ears and possibly even a high pitched sound you might hear... But if you're feeling fingers going through your hair, it sounds like that can be ruled out.

The screams that you're hearing, even though they're somewhat muted, do they sound like they're from nearby or are they off in the distance?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Well, Chey, lots of comments come to mind when I read through your account. Some of them I feel I must tell you.
I will echo those who state that the age of the building has nothing to do with the probability of a haunting (oh, and MYsT3RY08? Being built in '59 only makes the dwelling fifty years old, not very old 😊). Materials used to build, land it sits on, an attachment to something IN the building, something that happened locally. All these things are factors in a haunting. That is why it is so hard to determine WHY places are haunted. One would HAVE to have a conversation with an intelligent haunt that was VERY good at communication.
There are homes in which only one of the members living there can sense something that others can not. Animals can notice things that no one else does. It is NOT unheard of for one family member out of twenty five to have the gift.
I wouldn't seek out a Shaman. You are going to have a rather difficult time locating one in California. But I WOULD try moving your bed, or sleeping in a different position to see if that has any bearing on any of your experience.
Thank you.
MYsT3RY08 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
Well if it's built in 1959, then it IS OLD! And it really doesn't matter how "old" it is for it to be haunted. I know a house where somebody killed himself & I think it was like the next day the place was already haunted! And once something is built over a graveyard, IT'S HAUNTED!
So it really doesn't matter how old the place is, it can still be haunted within seconds, minutes, hours, days, etc.
But that's a pretty freaky story!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
It sounds like it could be connected to the land. Try the local library and research the land. See if you can find out who owned it and if anything tragic was reported. It must be scary having that happen to you every night, hopefully you will find something that will give you some idea of why this is happening. Thanks for the story. Take care 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
it's don't matter if the house new or old can still be haunted. But the land yes can be haunted. That sure is creepy about scream.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
That sucks what you are going through,

They land probably is haunted it may have been built on a unmarked grave or on an old Indian burial grounds. You may want to seek out a shaman from one of the local tribes to help you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: