You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Angel Or My Imagination

Real Ghost Stories

Angel Or My Imagination

 

If you have read my story "A Figure Of A Man In My Living Room," this story takes place in the same house about a year later. I stopped sleeping in my room because of some strange events that had been happening to me on an almost regular basis. When I would go to bed at night I would always feel as if a hand was clamping down onto my hip/side and it would always seem to push on my side too. That really hurt. It scared me too, so I decided to quit sleeping in my room and it never happened again.

I don't know the date that this happened to me, but I do know that it was night time. I went to my room to get something, I don't remember what. While I was in my room I felt as if there was something or someone else in the room with me. The presence felt threatening. I stood very close to the doorway then I took a few steps forward and stopped because I was too scared to go in any further.

As I stood there frozen in shock I felt a hand on my shoulder. I also saw the hand too, it was glowing white. Startled I turned around and ran out of my room. I was too afraid to go back in. I think it was an angel trying to protect me, but I don't I would like someone else's opinion on that.

Thanks

Other hauntings by cline1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cline1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-13)
i don't feel that it was a angel, as a angel would not push on you side and hurt you, remember angels are gentle beings take care.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
Perhaps the ghost felt as scared as you. You's sort of shared your emotions, and when you went to get yourself it was just saying hi, sort of saying that it is there as well.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
arsah786

Whoa... A ghost, usually I think those choking spirits are demons. Do you know if it was a male or female spirit? Have you or your mother had any other experiences lately?
arsah786 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
my old home that was haunted the ghost had tried to push me down in my bed and it tried to strangle my mom. 😕
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
dannibabbie96

Really? You have had the same experience? When I read your comment my eyes started to water not because I am going to cry. My eyes water when I am amazed, freaked out, or scared. Oh my gosh cool. So now I know that I am not the only one nice. I hope you and I never have that experience again.

Thanks for your comment, bye.
dannibabbie96 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
i have had the same thing happen to me, because of the things that happed to me I would nevver sleep in my room again. As I went into my room to get something it was in the evining about 9pm I felt like something was in my room with me. So I went to open my wadrobe when I felt something touch my righ sholder so I looked and nothing was there but I looked in my mirror and saw a white glowing hand on my sholder so I shouted for my mum and then it went and I quickley ran downstairs.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Surya

I don't really know if it was an angel or not, but I have been taught that demons live in darkness and angels live in the light and after seeing dark shadows and a solid demon I was thinking that maybe it was a kind spirit like an angel, maybe.

Hopeful23

No I did not feel calm when the hand touched me. But I still think that it was not an evil spirit. I understand what you are saying though. I believe that one day I will know the anwer to what happened to me that day.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
youngdz79

Your grandmother could be right, my mother said something similar to that when I told her about it. I never thought about it being poltergist activity, but it is a good thought I am going to look more into that because I have heard of strange activity happenings in homes because of teenage mental stress. I was really stressed during that time of my life.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Oli
The hand on my shoulder did startle me, but I was scared because I thout that it was my mother. But the spirit with the glowing hand wasn't the one that feel threatening to me. It was the other spirits in the room.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Exactly what Surya said. I know many people would like to assume they were visited by an angel, but if you're just guessing that it was an angel then I don't think it would be. You said you were scared right after, most people would feel a calming presence if it were a holy being. I am not going to try to change your mind here but my thought is that it was not an angel but maybe one of two spirits living in that house. Thank you for sharing this story with us!

-Hope
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
I read both of your stories and showed them to my granny to read and she says it sounds like you have a "spirit battle" for your soul or your family's souls. (her ideas)

My thought is that you and your brother were both teens at the times of the events it could have be poltergist activity do to you and your brothers subconcisense.

(sorry for the bad grammar)
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Oops sorry, I got the stories mixed up. I'm not sure if it was a good spirit or not since you still got startled when you saw the hand on your shoulder. Plus you said it felt threatening.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
From your other story and this one, it seems like there's a good spirit trying to protect you from a bad one. Like it was covering your ears so you wouldn't hear the screaming. And this time it was trying to comfort you since you were scared. I dunno, just my take on it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
So because the hand was glowing you presumed it was an angel. So the man in your room was in fact an angel that is what you are saying?

Just because you saw a hand glowing does not mean it was an angel, angels do not always come in the form of a human.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: