You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Scare

 

Alright, so. My house is... As normal as the next guys. I live in one of the 'safest' neighborhoods in my city, which I will not post. I'm 13 years old and too smart for my own good. That in which I have researched so many ghost experiences, and witnessed one. It start off with, I never sleep in my room.

Well, sometimes I do. But not regularly, due to the fact I like falling asleep in the living room with the TV on to shake off the scariness of the dark. One night, I was watching TV at about 4:30 am. Right across from me, if I looked to the right, there was a door that led downstairs. I was sure I had closed it before I had gone to sleep. It opened; I swear to god, I saw it open. It kept opening, creaking, and then slamming shut. Well, not particularly slamming, but closing. I hear noises, breathing, at that. When I do sleep in my room, I sleep with the light on because I am so paranoid. Sometimes, my mom comes in and switches the light off. And I always wake up in the middle of the night, to see if anyone is there.

A few nights ago, I saw 3 dark figures. I opened my eyes, and kept them open. The 3 dark figures were moving around my room. As if they were floating. I was in so much shock, I couldn't speak. As movie-like as this sounds, I went to switch the light on (like I'd assume every other young girl would do) but I didn't see anything.

I always feel like something is with me, even when I can't see anything. I'm never alone... There's a presence within my house. Plus, in the kitchen, I have a cooler. Like, where you press a button and water comes out. I always hear things coming from the kitchen, like someone's getting a glass of water but I'm the only one awake. Or someone sits on the chair, and I can hear the legs of the chair move.

Is this just paranoia kicking in, or is there actually a ghost, or several of them, in my house?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, calumniate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sea_Wolfe (6 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Hey you sound like me!

The ghosts you have don't sound harmful, but I wouldn't recomend trying to interact with them. If they scare you too much, try to avoid being alone as much as possible. Ghosts usually target the youngest people in the house, and especially when they are alone
Chrissie-Anna (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Wow extremely alike- I'm 12 turning 13 in a month- I always sleep down stairs so I can watch tv, mostly because I get scared when it is really quiet.

But I don't see things I feel the presense. Like you know you get the feeling some one is watcing you, or you have that sudden feeling of being completely scared. I sometimes even feel their presense entirely like the body shape, I then imagine what that persons figure is and I see them in a shadow form in my mind.

But I also get veery paranoid and my imagination leads me astray. Be very careful because your mind and imagination can twist what you see.
Seasonal greetings x
UnknownEvil (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
well its interesting I should say... That am not an expert but I agree with Cline1986 it might be a spirit/demons...and sorry if I scared you... But you should be srong if your strong atleast youll know its not your imagination... GooD LucK
God Bless <3
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
You know what you mean calumniate I feel the same way. Even though I don't see anything I feel like like someone is always with me. My first 7 years of my life I slept in my parents room. Then I got a tv and I too have to have it on to go to sleep. My dad makes fun of me. Mostly when we go down the hall to go up-stairs (yes I hate (no bad word for it,NEVER, yes that is much better wording) up-stairs by my-self. He'll make waird noises, and when I tell him to stop it he'll say "do you see anything". He also says that he has never seen a ghost in this house (my parents have lived in this house for about 20 years) and I tell him "well you never know when they might just want to come out to say a scary "Hello".
GIRLIE who understands 😁
P.s: it's ok if you need to have a stuff toy. I sometimes need one myself.
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
You might want to give this a try, it might help. Get the nightlight that cline1986 talked about, then next time you make the decision to sleep in your room. Lay there and picture in your mind, a white light filling your room. If you want it can be "God's light". Make is bright and comforting and safe. Picture it filling your dresser drawers and the inside of your hanging clothes, everywhere. Over your prone form and under you bed. Now that "the light" is occuping every space in your room, nothing more can come in to disturb you. If by chance you have a dog or cat bring them too, animals are wonder meters to see if anything you can't see is there. Good luck
puppylover1515 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
i am the same well I'm not scared of the dark but I don't like it and I hear noises all the time but I never ever gt thet scared and y don't you go to a dollar store and get a plug in lava lamp or somthing I ope that help and just remember your not alone 😆 😲 😜
amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Wow that's scary it happen to me in my cousins house their house is mad haunted! I am an expert of ghosts I know a lot mostly I can said is that maybe the ghost wants your attaention.
mcrBybu (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
I am exactly like you! I use to read books in the night, because it's relaxing than the day. I became paranoid probably because of the movies that I watch or the books. Something I'm feeling like somebody's watching me everywhere I go... And things like this. So, I can understand what you felt, I can't say if your house is haunted or not, but I'm sure about one thing: Imagination can take you so far. 😁
[Keep your Faith!]
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
You remind me a lot of myself 😜 I got into paranormal stuff myself around the age of 13. In fact, I had a similar problem. After reading more than a healthy amount of paranormal books, I became so paranoid that every car light outside was a UFO and my own heartbeat was footsteps outside my door. I even started to have nightmares about ghosts and stuff in my house (I'm not saying that the figures you saw or the moving door were a dream, but my nightmares were very realistic and I had a hard time convincing myself they were a dream. It's a possibility).
I managed to rid myself of paranoia by not reading or watching anything related to ghosts, aliens, etc. For a month. It'll really help you out... Given paranoia is the case.
If there really is some sort of spirit, than I can't really help you. Try my advice and the other member's too, that way you'll double your chances of success.
I hope that will help.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
A very well written story may I say. Why don't you try burning some lavender before you go to bed, it will not only aid you with sleep but it will also clear away any negative energies.

Thank you for sharing your story.
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Hi calumniate,

I don't know about ghosts, but I do know about demons. Sorry you probably did not want to hear that. If the shadows were not your imagination they were probably spirits/demons. To answer your question I think that it could be both your imagination and spirits.

I have had encounters with spirits and I have over reacted because I was was afraid that I would see or have more encounters with spirits that I did not want to have. So here is what I want you to do...

1) Try to calm down when you find your self in a scary situation because sometimes that can add to the paranoia and cause you to see and hear things that are not there.

2) If you sleep in you sleep in your room try to get a night light or battery lamp so you don't use up a lot of electricty... And maybe your mom won't turn the light off.

3) If you hear sounds that you can't explain try to muster up the courage to check it out.

I know what you are going through I am put into the same situation sometimes and I am also afraid of the dark. So usually when I hear something that I can or can't explain I still go and check to make sure my imagination is not tricking me.

If you find out the source of the noise and there is no one there depending on what it is you might have spirits in your house. Try praying sometimes and if you don't want to pray then doing something else that comforts you when you are scared might help.

Now the door opening and closing on it's own if it wasn't the wind it was a spirit. I have definately had an experince like that. It scared the pants off of me.

I hope this helps.
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
I am 13 too and way too smart for my own good! I sleep with just my tv on too... Well until recently, after I heard the noises but I have had quite a similar experience apart from the figures.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: