You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Little Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Our Little Haunted Apartment

 

My husband and I live in Fayetteville with our two small children and we swear our apartment is haunted! We know someone had died here, but we don't know under what circumstances. We have a rather loud upstairs neighbor who stomps around his apartment and bangs everything around. At least we thought so, until we realized that he wasn't even home most the time that the banging was going on. Nobody else lives there. We've also had doors slam shut on us with no explanation. In our son's room, we have a rather heavy toy truck in front of the door so he can't shut it. One day, when I was in the room changing his diaper, I watched the toy truck roll away from the door and into the hallway. Nobody else was even in the house. Then all of the sudden, the door slammed shut. Our front door even opens and closes on it's own. Even when I've locked it. Our children seem to be able to see what's going on because they will both stare at the ceiling, even though there is nothing there, and either start laughing and smiling or scream bloody murder and hold on to me like they are never going to see me again and start crying. My husband and I have also seen flashes of light out of the corner of our eyes that we can't explain.

I don't know what's going on here, but I can't wait until our lease is up!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
Have you tried communicating with the spirits? My mom had one in her old house that would turn on the lights and water upstairs every time they left the house at night and she confronted it and told it that if it was good, it could stay but if it was bad it had to leave the house immediately and to stop turning on the lights and water because it was running up the bill and it never happened again. Perhaps you could confront these spirits and let them know that it's YOUR house.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Children see things that adults do not.

I suggest that you get your house blessed before it gets out of hand.

Any other questions? Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Stay safe & Good luck! ❤
Cindy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-18)
OMG!
that's sOOo scary!
i dON't know what
i would do if I was
in your position...
wow...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Children see things we as adults do not wish to see. We are taught from an early age that ghost aren't real, but can you imagine what things would be like if we were taught the opposite. It almost sounds as if you have several different spirits in your home. If you lease is up really soon and you are moving I wouldn't worry about it. If you are not able to move, try Native American Smudging, you can find directions and supplies on line. Now this may take a couple of times before the negative energy is forced out, so don't give up. Good luck to you and your family.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ricky (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
at night I see a boy and girl, transparent in wedding clothes looking down at the floor sadly and in ten seconds they disappear at 5 minutes later I hear a loud bang on my tv in my room or in my living room but every night I ignore it and I don't do anything instead I look in amazement as the little boy and girl fade away into the moon's night light I am very interested with many kinds of paranormal activitie, to not be scared of it I have a made up ghost friend named boo.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Anne Sogge = Try to have control of emotions and fear. This is very important. Need to talk to the owner of the building. What happened in that apartment? Need to talk about how it is affecting your family and have the owner stay and experience what you are experiencing. So he can understand your situation and break the lease. He must know something. If not, well, make him aware.

Your family comes first.
Take care,
Rose
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
damn! If I was you, I would try breaking the lease and getting out as soon as possible! Especially with the front door opening and closing. That is NOT safe. Who knows what kind of crazy people the ghost might be letting in when you're not home!

If moving isn't an option just yet, try some kind of cleansing or exercisiong ritual. Good luck!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear Anne, From your story and description you seem to have a real ghost or two living with you and your family, and being freeloaders as well.

You may wish to check some of the other ghost stories on this site and see some of the advice many have given here in the comment section on how to deal with such intruders who do not pay their share of the rent.

I myself, just ask with "great" forceful intent/intention, as you have to truly believe in your words, that they leave and go to the "unconditional love" of light. If you wish to put a protective white or purple/violet light around you and your family, you can imagine this with great belief and intent also. It never hurts to use this cocoon of light all of the time and in any situation. I even put it around my belongings, animals, plants, vehicles and so forth. If you believe it and draw your boundaries such uninvited visitors should leave. If they do not then try other things and if all else fails use your common sense and move. Never put yourself, your family or others in harms way.

As you said the lease will soon be up.
I feel you and yours will be fine.

Blessings, Athena

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: