You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Ghost Of My Grandfather?

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Of My Grandfather?

 

My name is Sammy and I'm 26. A few years ago my grandfather died of cancer in our house. I was very close to him and he was more like a father to me than my actual father. I don't know if this bond has anything to do with what has been happening.

He died in April of 2006, and in the winter of that same year is when "strange" things started happening. For instance, we live in a rural area and during the winter mice are a problem. However after his death they got a lot worse. After doing some research on the internet I came to find out that sometimes "ghosts" can cause "rodent infestations." Then I started having these feelings of being watched, and in a few instances I felt like I was touched. After this "touch" I felt like there were "cobwebs" on me. Also shortly after his death I had dreams about him for weeks, one in particular I gave him a hug and felt the warmth as if I had actually given a real person a hug. These things have been going on for a few years now, and nothing that could be seen has ever happened. That is until a few days ago.

My grandmother, who also lives in the house, had a cross with an angel hung on one wall, and a momentum I had bought her while in New Mexico on another wall. Somehow these two switched places. No one in the house did it, or at least they say they didn't. Also my great grandmothers watch, which my grandmother had in a jewellery box, has come up missing. The only people that knew where it was were my brother and I, and my grandmother, the only people alive that knew.

The jewellery box is in the same room my grandfather died in, which is the room him and my grandmother shared for years. I'm not exactly a sceptic when it comes to these things, and I don't know if I'm just reading into things too much. But, Could it be my grandfather causing these things to happen, or is my "belief" clouding my judgement in this matter?

I welcome any and all responses to this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, supersambo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadxGood24 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
i never heard about the rodent infestation thing. My moms house is haunted and sometimes we would hear scratching in the ceiling and walls. I never heard rats do that and that loud. Maybe it is just rats but I don't know.
Jesussavior (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hi Sammy,

Whatever such phenomenon people experience, they are not ghost. Ghost doesn't exist from the beginning. People were "made believe" because of lack of knowledge of the truth and a lots of false information circulating in the world. (Read Luke 16:19-31. You'll see the dead cannot come to our world).

"The truth" is that they are all fallen angels (Satan and his followers) and they are working hard to take people's attention from the Bible (truth).

Their manifestations vary. Sometimes they manifest in a way that people believe as if it is ghost, sometimes nasty health problems, mental illness, addictions, self-harm, etc.

Why they do that? They are rebellions against God from the beginning! They are deceivers, destroyers, and stealers. And they know the Bible very well because they used to serve God in heaven (read Revelation 12:7-9, Isaiah14:12-15, Hebrews 2:14-15). Even Jesus was tempted by Satan (read Mathew 4: 1-11). If you don't know Jesus personally, you should start reading the Bible and receive this eternal life and His eternal protection for you. Otherwise, you'll eventually die and separated from God forever. And demons know this fact very well. You will find so many demon possessed people were delivered in the New Testaments.

Some people misunderstand that objects such as a cross can protect them. The answer is "No". That's only "stuff". That's nothing to Satan. You have to have faith in Jesus Christ. It requires belief, repentance, and confession. Read Romans 10:9-11. Then you receive His holly spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14). If you read Acts 19:13-20, use of the Name of Jesus by someone who has no faith in Him does nothing but harm themselves.

Please do not be deceived. Please read this article too.

Http://www.gotquestions.org/demonic-activity.html

May Jesus open your eyes to see the truth. In Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.
supersambo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
The only problem with the theft angle is like I said no one else knew where it was. Also there were several other valuable pieces of jewelry, rules, bracelets, broaches, etc, and nothing else was missing. Why just steal a watch? Also when I wrote this I didn't type momentum I typed momento, you know like a keepsake, and for some reason it was changed. Anyway, thank you all for your responses so far.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
The answer is YES! He is not doing these things out of harm, anger or to hurt anyone. Spirits sometimes do these things to say, Hey, I am here, I am watching over you. This is his way of communicating with you all and showing you all that he is around you. If he were to just make bumping or clunking noises then you all may just say well that is just the house settling or something, but he wants to give you all proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is there watching over you all. Your grandmother may find her missing items in the bottom of a drawer or something. They will turn up. Talk to your grandfather and ask him if he will return the missing items and let him know that you all are aware that he is still around and you all Love him very much and will never forget him.

God bless you and your family.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Sounds like your grandfather may be making his presence known. Ask him to please return the watch and no doubt you will find it again. Chances are he may be visiting, not stuck in this dimension and just wants some attention. This usually stops after a certain amount of time. He may feel the need to know his family is ok and then he can permanently move forward.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Well, most people believe that the spirit of a relative seems to leave after a year. In some cases it doesn't.
Now I'm not familiar with losing a relative, although I do believe those happenings weren't just coincidence. I also believe the 'Rodent Infestation' may have been caused by a spirit, namely your grandfather.
Keep us informed on any other happenings.
ihorizon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
I believe someone is stealing from your home and no, sorry I don't think anything otherworldly is happening. Sorry!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: