You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Childhood Shadow Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Shadow Figure

 

This first part is a bit of background. You may skip ahead if you really wish.

Around 13 to 14 years ago, (I was five or six then) my mother, her boyfriend, and I moved from one trailer to another. The new one was still in the same area, in fact, it was only about 100 to 150 feet away, diagonally.

It was a small area. There were only seven trailers and two houses in the area. The furthest of the nine was only a 5-minute walk. There was a third house further up, but that was about a mile up the lane. It dead-ended at an older woman's house.

Anyways, the trailer was not very big. The main door opened to the living room, to the right was the kitchen and to the left, at the far right, was a hallway. In the hallway, there are three doors on the left, one at the end of the hallway and one on the right that led outside to the back yard. My room was the second door on the left.

The Incident--

I was 5 or 6 when the incident happened. Earlier that day my friend, Whitney, had been over and we had been playing and a while later she had to go home. The details are somewhat sketchy about what I had been doing prior to what happened (I was most likely playing with dolls or something), but something caused me to look up and into the hallway. (I had the door open so from where I was, I could see into the hallway clearly.) The instant I looked up a figure went past my doorway (whether it was walking or running I do not remember) I instantly said "Whitney?" and got up and went to the doorway and looked left. No one was there. It was then that I remembered that my friend had already gone home a little bit ago. I never thought anything of it at that age... I was confused though.

I still, to this day, do not know what made me look up or what made me instantly think it was my friend, who I watched go by the doorway. I think I thought it was my friend though because it looked like her, shadowed, but it had to of looked like her... I do not think I would have said her name otherwise.

I do know that no one else saw "her" even though mum and her boyfriend were like 20 feet away in the living room (where the hallway began.) I never told anyone about it until years later. When I found this site, I thought that someone might be able to give me an idea about what I saw... It still kind of bothers me to this day since I really have no explanation for what I saw then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, morgiixlove, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
people used to see a blurry figure run past end of hallway at my grandmas house. They described it as sort of looking like my uncle, who had blond hair, but that it moved so quickly you couldn't really see.

What you described is similar. Some sort of spirit. I don't think anyone can tell you anymore except God himself, or the spirit who did it.
morgiixlove (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Nor_Cal_Girl-

I do not think that anyone actually died there... I do remember that I was never comfortable going into the room right beside mine (mine is the 2nd door on the left, the other was right next to the living room.) I was... Scared of the other room. I hated going in it and I didn't like how it smelled in there. It was my moms boyfriends guiter and whatnot room.
morgiixlove (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
TigerLily-
It's no problem at all ^^ I don't mind the questions... The more I think about it the more I remember:)
It looked young, about 4 or 5 (the same age as my friend), also it was short and thin. It did look human, I could see faint colours but they looked muted like they has been cast in shadow. I don't remember what colours they were though.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
It could just be a residual haunting of a child who died there and wanted to play. You may have just assumed that this figure was your friend because there was no other possibility in your eyes.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
What exactly did the figure look like? Short, tall, fat, thin? About how old did it look? Did it look human or just like a 'Shadow'?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm not sure if the Doppelganger theory could work. Supposedly only the owner of the Doppelganger can see this phantom self, although it may be seen by friends of family. If the figure was a Doppelganger it would make more sense to have been your own.
Maybe the figure was just an old spirit, the questions might help clear this up a bit.

God Bless.
morgiixlove (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hi,
Oh my...that's kind of unnerving. The last time I saw her was...ummm...6 years ago. I haven't seen or heard from her since.
insanerawr3 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Hello
I think I know what your experience is. I think in is a doppelganger. A doppelganger is basically a premonition of death for the person you saw which in your case was your friend Whitney.
Hope this helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: