You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Horrible Parent

Real Ghost Stories

A Horrible Parent

 

I was staying at my friend's house, her name's Chelsea. But I had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

After a semester of school and staying over at her house I discovered something very creepy.

In her basement is a very old well. I got her talking about it and knowing that the well was the source of misery I felt in her house, I got her to reveal something I found incredible sad. She told me that her brother and her found toys at the bottom of the well. I was too scared to ask what they were but I had a feeling I already knew.

It was a week or so later when I was with her and her boyfriend that I saw these depressing images.

In my head, the image of a drunk mother dragging her child by her hair out of a room on the second floor, the child grabbing in desperation for anything she could and the only thing she managed to grab before she was put down into the well was her most prized possession, her rag doll. And not only did this drunken woman have a daughter tormented by the isolation of this well, but also a son.

I asked Chelsea how she felt when she was in her house near the well and she would get a distant look in her eyes and say "I feel like something horrible happened down there..." I asked her one last question about the well. I asked her about the toys. I asked "Chelsea, those toys you found in the well... Was there a rag doll with brown hair, blue eyes and a little yellow lunch box?" Her eyes were wide, almost like I had scared her.

What she said next confirmed my connection between the well and the spirits lingering in her house.

She asked me in quiet desperation, "Jess...How did you know about the toys...? I never told you what they were..."

Her house is occupied with the spirits of two small children, the memories of the children tormented by their drunken mother and images of the tormenting well.

I don't believe these entities to be angry or a threat but anyone who enters this house is instantly able to feel that something horrible happened there. I can tell they feel this way by the look in their eyes. I here the children scream in my mind when I'm at her house.

This is not a place I like to stay in and I haven't been back to my friend's house since I discovered what went on there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Casp3r, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GrimmWolf (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-17)
if you don't mind I would like to know what you found out about the house and the family.
InuYasha710 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
You have part of a gift. The spirit of the young girl knew and trusted you. With that trust she wanted to show you how she died and wants you to know how she felt before she died.
blazing-rain-of-jade-embers (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Oops. I ment to say advice, not advise, on my last comment on this page. Just saying. Woops.
blazing-rain-of-jade-embers (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
I believe that the boy and girl that were left in the well by their horrible mother are trapped in this world because of unfinished business. My theory is that no one knew what their mother was doing at the time and the mother was never punished. They are trying to tell you what happened with the visions you get, casp3r. They want someone to know what a horrible life they had and understand their sorrow. Now you need to get your freind to get someone to help those spirits trapped in our world to pass over to the afterlife. That's just my suggestion and my advise.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
It's very odd to have an open well in a basement in Wisconsin because its very common for city inspectors to force well or sand point abandonment.
bossymum (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
this story saddens me. Have you guys thought about trying to release their tattered souls? It may be best to help them move onto the other side, to free them because it seems they are still bound to our world. I'm hmong, and I believe in spirits, a shaman can help send their soul to the afterworld.
kaya-stewart (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
thats sounds absolutely terrible! I can't believe sumone would have the guts to do that!x
Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
i've been surrounded by the spiritual world
All my life. I have a lot of experiences with spirits, a lot of them sad but I've come to notice that one of them follows me around, it might sound weird but her name is rebecca, I'm going to try to publis how I found her on this sight. You might be interested in checking out some of my experiences being as I tend to attract a lot of these former living people.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
This remind me of the movie call about the girl died in the well by her mother.
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Honestly, they were children when they tragically died. They never got the love and affection every child should have. I have a little girl in my house who died of a disease. I see her all the time and she likes to hide things from me. I just talk to her like a mother would. Don't be afraid of the memories, it may be the only way they know how to communicate. Tell your friend to just talk aloud and be calming, just talk about anything and tell them they don't have to be scared or suffer anymore.
amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Omg! That's like sooooo scary! I know a lot about ghost and evil things I said you try to tell your friend to move before soemthing bad happens. Thats too dangerous don't wait anymore it would get worst stay away from that house!
cline1986 (7 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Hello Casp3r

Have you ever talked to your friend about her and her family moving out of the house. I would not stay in a house like that. I hope everything goes well for them soon.

Hi sylviessweeties

I like your story about you dreaming about all 3 of your kids before they were born. My mom dreamt about my little boy before he was born. He is as cute in real life as he was in her dream. Thanks for your story.

😢 😁
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Hello this is a real problem 😨 either the poor children get help or that your friend needs to move 😢
Vintage (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
That is really depressing. Here are a couple of thoughts that came into my mind while I read:
-I wonder how deep the well is...

-I wonder if their mom is still alive...

Useless thoughts, but they wouldn't go away throughout the whole story.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Sometimes a spirits way of communicating with others about there own grief they suffered in life is through there own emotions they present to you through dreams, dreams tell us a lot about how to improve situations in our own lives also.

I dreamt of all 3 of my kids before there births. I dreamt just once of 2 healty and playful little girls together in 2001 who were with me. The youngest girl kept staring into my eyes. My 1st child I was very il with in the pregnancy-constant bad morning sickness, bleeding from the back passage, horrible pains in my stomach when I ate, I had severe migranes and vomiting as a child and sore stomachs and vomiting before I even fell pregnant at 21 years old. I then developed severe maternal anemia at 35 weeks I got well again. We left our 1st baby to be a suprise and turns out she was a girl but a girl born sick but I knew she would end up healthy again! In 2004 my MIL was causing problems for me and my mans relationship and out of grief and desperation I wanted to leave the man my MIL tried to turn against me with manipulation. I then started dreaming of my 1st daughter as a sick newborn and at the end of the dream a little boy runs into her empty room and pulls out all of her clothes out of her wardrobe smiling and having fun. He jumped on the bed and smiled right at me and said mamma at me nad the dream repeated iteself a few times then stopped altogether. In 2005 we ttc and in 2006 I had my son. At 3 he turned to me asked for a glass of milk then climbed up on the bench as I cooked dinner looked at me smiling and said mamma. Boy has nightmares-hes a vivid dreamer, he has cried and talked to nothing in his sleep and has talked to thin air before telling thin air I love you!

A week before I found out I was pregnant after TTC in february 2007. I dreamt of a very sick and very small little dark haired boy named Kyler. The name chosen if I had a boy. Nobody wanted to hold and a group of women adoring a 4 month old white blonde baby girl named Ambrielle the name chosen if I had a girl. My man had been a white blonde newborn/baby/toddler.

1 week later I found out I was pregnant with a positive urine stick test at the doctors and I had blood in th eurine, next day the baby was miscarried due to a bad UTI.

9 months of ttc after the death of the last hungarian great grand mother on my mans side of the family.

In 2008 my 2nd little girl Anjeni whos name means SOUl was born perfectly healthy and my biggest baby.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
hmmmm, it seem the moment you saw the well you developed a connection with the spirits, they must be showing you what happened in their past, maybe there is a secret locked away in their past, something that, if changed, would set them free, perhaps if you picked up the toys that were inside the well, then next time you saw the ghost, gave the toys back.

Hope it helps,
Thealoneone
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
wow, that is really horrible! 😭 the mother was very cruel, I mean I know that us kids can be a handful but no child deserves 2 be abused! 😢
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
How absolutely horrible!

One thing, though, has me a bit confused. Was the well in the basement dry, or did it still contain water?

Also, you mention the rag doll having a lunch box--would you be able to make a guess as to how recently these things occurred? I'm thinking around the mid-twentieth century; I'm not sure when lunch boxes for kids came into vogue, but I know they were pretty common by the late fifties.

As a mother who was a single parent for a long time, I can understand how kids can get on one's nerves, but what you're describing seems to me just too cruel.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: