You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sequence Of Unusual Events

Real Ghost Stories

Sequence Of Unusual Events

 

In the summer of 2008 I and my partner moved into an apartment together, it is quite an old building that has been renovated recently. As we had just moved in we were working on the flat and consequently spent most of our time in the bedroom whilst other rooms were completed. Everything had been fine up until one night I slept in the apartment on my own and decided to sleep in the living room. I fell asleep and woke up at 4:08 am to a freezing cold room which was unexplainable as it was the middle of summer, I decided to ignore it and go back to sleep thinking nothing of it.

As the weeks went by we settled in and I became to feel very comfortable until one day I took a picture of my girlfriend and noticed an unusual figure standing over her shoulder. The figure was a face but with a body that wasn't human, not animal like but almost like a worm if you could call it that. We analyzed the picture and decided to ignore it and thought we were both going mad!

A few weeks later as we were about to go to sleep I felt extremely uncomfortable, not physically but just as if I didn't want to be in the room I was in. Later that night I woke up not being able to move any part of my body except my toes and with a figure standing right next to me that appeared to be male but was very faint white, I believe this is called an affirmation, I tried to kick out at this figure but I couldn't move, I shouted at the top of my voice but my girlfriend would not wake up, after 20 seconds it disappeared and my girlfriend awoke acing me what's wrong, I was freezing cold and shivering and I told her what had happened, we decided to turn on the light and try to be calm until it got light again, I checked the time when this happened and it was 4:08 am, almost exactly the same time as it was when I woke up feeling uncomfortable before. We waited until it was light and as I went to get up a vase with twelve roses seem to be pushed off the cupboard onto the floor when neither of us was near it, this was enough for my girlfriend who screamed and insisted we moved out. This was August time; we decided to move out as we felt very unwelcome at this new home.

Five months down the line we decided we'd had enough of living at our parents and decided to pluck up the courage to move back. We finished decorating the apartment and made it very homely and also got two cats. A month after moving back in I woke up one night feeling paralyzed and unable to breath, I also could not shut my eyes, I didn't see anything this time but I had to struggle very hard to break out of the grip of whatever it was. This did not frighten me and I went straight back to sleep. It happened again 3 times but I was able to breathe just not able to move for 30 seconds.

Then the other night I woke up, mysteriously at 4.08 am to find the taps in my bathroom running, I got up and decided to turn the water off at the mains, I went to get back into bed and the taps started running again, feeing slightly worried I stepped out of bed again to turn the taps off, as I did this every light and electrical appliance in the apartment switched off, feeling now that something spooky was going on I walked to my front door to turn back on the electrics, as I did so my front door swung open in front of me as if it was for me to get out. I decided to get my apartment blessed by a priest yesterday and am now hopeful this is the end of the matter. Does anybody have any ideas what this could be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rushkinoff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-25)
I don't know if anyone's noticed this (I'm told I have a really good memory for these kinds of things--rather, anything but stuff that needs doing) but two of your experiences take place at 4:08.
KursedForever (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
im thinking it is a poltergiest but then holding you down 😕...idk I'm just trying to help and I'm new here so good luck and I believe the blessing will work for a while.
rushkinoff (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I am currently trying to get hold of the picture, its on my girlfriends mother's mobile phone so were awaiting her to send it, should have it on here within the next couple of days to see what you think.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
Perhaps all you need is to talk to 'it'. It hasn't shown any murderous intent towards you or your girlfriend. It is certainly NOT a demon thank god. You say the place is old, well I guess research will do you some good. And do it at a local library because the ghost may do some irritating things to your book/computer. Go well ❤
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
rushkinoff,
Sweet story! Not to make light of your situation... 😐 Those are some really great experiences you had. I hope that you and your wife stay safe and all is in order now that you had the home blessed. Me ke aloha a ka mana a ke Akua, 4d ❤
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Its obviously an entity that dosen't want you there & they are making it well known. Depending on how comfortable you are discussing this situation I would go to my tenant & neighbors to find out if any previous residents had experiences. Do some research you'd be surprised at what you might find.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
I agree with tk421, it would be interesting to see this picture of your girlfriend with the firgure over her shoulder. I think that getting the house blessed is a step in the right direction for sure, but if this continues I would suggest moving out of there for good.
tk421 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
curious:o its certainly a negative entity, one you ought to steer clear of... Can you publish this photo of the 'entity'? It would be interesting to look at.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: