You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: They Say Goodbye To Children

Real Ghost Stories

They Say Goodbye To Children

 

I've always been a huge believer in the paranormal, though I have been waiting my entire life to be lucky enough to have my own solid experience. A few years ago, however my mother shared with me something interesting that I said to her when I was just a baby.

I had always known about the tragic accident that occurred when I was 2 years old. Five middle-school aged girls were walking home from school one day when they were all hit by a single car and killed. One of these girls was my cousin.

Apparently I was very close to my cousin, Kelly. She babysat a lot for me. Ironically, my earliest memory is one where she was babysitting me, the only memory I have of the first house I ever lived in.

Anyway, being a 2-year-old when she died, I could not have understood death or why I was not going to see her anymore. And what I told my mom stayed with her for years, until I was old enough for her to tell me about it.

According to my mom, while she and my dad were at the wake I stayed home with a babysitter. That babysitter later told my mom that a news story came on the TV about the accident. She said I went up to the TV and started screaming and crying and grabbing at the TV. My behavior was so bizarre that I freaked out the babysitter.

The next morning I told my mom that Kelly was in my room last night. My mom tried to tell me that she was not in my room, and that I was just dreaming about her. But I was so persistent. I kept on saying that Kelly had been in my room. After a while my mom believed that I really did see her.

To this day, I wonder why she came to me and not to her other grief-stricken family like her mother or sister or brother. Perhaps it is because children can see better? If only I could remember all this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Olly227, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
Great story I really believe you did see her she just came to you before she walked into the light to say goodbye id say even though she knew you would not rember as you got older but I think she loved you very much and she was with you before crossing over because she was to be your guardian angel its a pity that most of are minds are closed to the spirit world as we get older a lot of the time its through fear...
Phrenzy (36 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
Thats jacked up the poor little girls and families 😭. She probably visited you to say bye and pass on to where she is going to be.
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
wow that is so sad... Poor families... I believe you were able to see her because you were so young... She is your angel now... ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
You are lucky to have cousin like that. 😁 I think the theory about children is 100% true. Plus as a child you may have understood the news I certainly did when my Grandmother passed away. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Very strange behaviour towards the poor defenceless TV.
I believe that your cousin my have visited you, either because childrens minds are more 'open' or because you said you were both quite close.
It is a shame you can't actually remember any of this though.

God Bless.
brneyedgrl1323 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
wow. I believe you did see her and just my guess but yes it was most likely because children "see" better than adults because their minds are still open.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: