You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Story

 

I'm a big believer of spirits and supernatural things and I'm not a professional, just a teenage girl wanting to tell my story.

When I was young, like around 2-4, I lived in this big family house. All my family lived together, my grandmother, grandfather, two uncles, me and my mom. I can still remember every detail about the house, the vents on the floor had pretty details, the carpet was red and there was lots of stairs. When I was little my mom would try to put me to bed or take me to the bathroom, and I would scream and cry and tell her over and over there was a lady upstairs. At night I would crawl out of my bed and sleep on the stairs until the adults went to bed. My mom was worried and took me to the doctors, she probably thought I was a psycho 2 years old, but the doctor said "how could a little kid that young lie!".

Time passed and my mom and I moved out of the house, meanwhile the rest of my family stayed. We moved away and only two years later, we moved back into the same HOUSE. I was older around 5 or 6. and I remember going upstairs, still scared, but I was snooping for my birthday presents, I opened my closet door and the lady was standing there looking at me, I turned around, started running to the stairs and, as I was turning the corner to head down the stairs, I saw her spread her arms and try to lean over me. I fell and slid all the way down he stairs. After that I would sleep in my own room alone. I felt like I was being watched. The doors would open and close. No one believed me, my grandma tried to say "maybe it was your guardian angel".

Then one night, my mom woke up at 3:30 in the morning, she said there was a flash of light. She looked at the clock, it was 3:30, when she laid back down and looked up the lady was hovering over on top of her! My mom just put the covers over her head like a little kid. That's when she started to believe me. After that our dog stared barking all the time and growling for no reason, we would hear foot steps and things would open and close.

So after a while, my grandparents moved out to an apartment building for older people and my uncle moved out. We called a priest to come bless the house, but we moved out before he had a chance to come. The next people who moved in had 5 children. My grandma and me went back to check on our mail and we started talking to the lady. She started telling us about weird things that have been happing, like her baby swing was off and when she came back down stairs, it was on maximum speed. I haven't been back to the house since I was like 6 years old, but sometimes I like to drive past the house just to see it. I do miss the house but I wonder what the lady wanted. I don't think she liked kids but you're probably thinking "you were so young, how can you remember?". I can remember everything to a T.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
My theory is that it was likely a woman who had wanted children in life but either miscarried or her children all died very young, probably even at infancy or at birth. Thus she probably felt a need to watch over any young children who took up residency in that home. She didn't dislike children but rather felt a sadness that she was denied her own children and she may have even been jealous of your mother or felt a need to let her know that she was there and you weren't lying or imagining things.
MIssy_Night (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
I've had something like this happen to me, you're extremely lucky thay she didn't feel the need to harm you; because if she had wanted to, she would have already done it. You're also lucky that you weren't followed. Sometimes they can latch onto someone and follow them, but it isn't as strong when they are away from their chosen haunted area.
Good Story
Love,
Missy x
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
It's really scary. The story made my heart beat so fast.

GOD BLESS!
Spica ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
This is probably the first story that I have read on here where the medical person assisting said that there could be a ghost present (if only to tell your Mom how could someone so young lie about that?). I, too, wonder about the identity of the woman. The tone of your story suggests that she was not an evil entity, as nothing malicious happened (unless your just did not write those parts) just pretty scary. For this to happen to someone so young, it is understandable why you were so frightened. Thank you for the story.
briony (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-14)
dear cora
I believe you because the same thing happened to me when I was about 3 bat it was a lady dressed in an old funeral dress she alwas said I have found you.now I alwas see and hear them.
mail me and we will talk more {www.briony4321 [at] hotmail.com
siobhan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-31)
you guys are a good part of my computer I really want to tell you a story.
eman (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-19)
dear cora,
I believe you cuz the same thing happened to me when I was the age of 5 and noone believed me ."a woman dressed very nicely used to talk to me as if she knows me "
alexis (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-13)
wow how do you feel someone is watching you you must of been scared
Francisco (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-07)
wish I was there to hold u.........lol. just kidding. thats really scary.
siddhesh (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-03)
dear Cora,
seems like i'm the first one to comment'ya Anyway i liked the story and i feel it's true when someone gets a real shock out of something its impossible to forget even i'm a teenager and i had a similar experience but i haven't posted my story here think it'll take some time if ya wanna know it real fast u can mail me... blackhate13 [at] yahoo.com... waiting for ya reply

WITH LOVE,
SID

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: