You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something at the End of the Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something at the End of the Bed

 

I have two stories for you. When I was around 21, one night while sleeping in my room, I awoke to what felt like something being sucked out of me. When I opened my eyes, I saw a figure floating at the end of my bed, but more vertical across my body. It started to move back and upright. It had no legs, was a pretty big and was a black figure with one of its arms reaching towards me. It's hand was bony but not bone. More elongated then anything. It looked like it had a hood on but I couldn't see any face.

I was freaking out pretty hard and trying to move but couldn't. I was paralyzed by it. After awhile, it slowly started to back away and moved (back first) through my window. I could then move and was freaked out. I stayed up all night and couldn't sleep for a few days. It hasn't happened since.

When I was around 15, I was getting out of my bath tub during the day when I slipped back and started to fall, my head was falling towards the edge of the tub. I remember falling pretty fast and my legs weren't planted on the ground. As I was falling, something what felt like hands pushed on my back and stopped me from hitting my head. It pushed me enough so I could get my footing back. I wasn't freaked out but more surprised and relieved by it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

StephIAm143 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
the last one saved you... Firs one tryed to kill you dude. Haha JK 😜
ecb-tiger92 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
That kind of sounds like one of the creatures that Sam and Dean killed on the TV show Supernatural. A shtriga, I think it's called?
SoulGrind (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
Just a update, It came back again, I've moved house and this time it was a lot worse.
I was asleep and woke up to it putting its fingers in my mouth, Very strange like it was looking for something. I tried to move and again couldn't. I relaxed and watched it fade into a shadow from a chair in my room. I think stress brings it on so hopefully it is just my imagination and nothing more.

Whats strange also is I broke up with my Ex of 10 years and now I'm dreaming again. I haven't had dreams (alteast that I remember) for pretty much all that time. I did when we first started dating which was like warnings about this person. They came true or should I say the meaning in them. So now I won't ignore my instincts and dreams.
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
there are explanations for the paralyzed condition but the other one is an amazing story...
It's a good thing to have protective ghosts in the house...
Good thing it caught you or else you could have gotten serious hemorrhage...
I would try to find that ghost and say thanks to it's kind act...
xHellzz (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
You Never Know. It Could Have Been Someone Who Died In Your House Trying To Tell You Something 😕
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
The 'cloaked figure' migth have been your 'GUARDIAN ANGEL',its a good idea to bless him. That fall in the bathtub migth cause brain damage and kill you, or it may cause paralysis neck down. 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
One night something flew past my head 10minutes later it started poking my ear LOL on the very same night my sister saw something which flew past her head she ran into my mum and dads room screaming and crying. I just ignored it. I enjoyed reading your story.
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-25)
The dark figure is definitely an evil force that attempted an attack on you, however there is the bright side, and that is, you have a spirit that watches over you. That fall could have been fatal, but you were saved. Give serious thought to your purpose in life.
Kat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
The first could be a case of sleep paralysis... Look it up on Wiki. Basically, you wake up, but you're still paralysed (like when you're asleep) and hallucinating because not ALL of your brain has woken up at once. Something similar happened to me once, but as soon as I thought "Hang on... It's just sleep paralysis!" the ghost faded away and the inability to move ceased.
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
Wow...this is sending me a mixed message.
I heard that the cloak is a ghost-thing that they wear if they died in a incindent that tore them apart or made them hidious in some way.
It might be good the cloak or creepy hand doesn't mean it is evil...,but don't accept offers or anything for it offers you something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: