You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Cats Last Goodbyes

Real Ghost Stories

My Cats Last Goodbyes

 

These two stories are about 2 of my cats that died and visited me before moving on. I had my first cat (Tabs) since I was born. Tabs was a very independent cat but would occasionally sleep with me on my bed. However, she liked to sleep under the covers by my legs (annoying). Unfortunately, she died 8 years ago from to much stress after she had an operation on her throat. Bless her, she had crawled under the stairs, fell asleep and never woke up. I was devastated, she was my first pet and the first one to die.

A couple of days after, I was laying in bed ready to sleep when I felt something, of cat size, move up the side of my leg! The duvet actually moved as well. Now at first, I thought I had moved my leg and caused air to flow through, but as I tried to recreate that effect it didn't work. I believe Tabs had come to say her last goodbye.

We bought two kittens after Tabs died (Socks and Whitewash), unfortunately, 2 years ago, socks was hit and killed by a car right outside my house. Again, a couple of days after I was laying in bed reading. When I kept seeing a wisp of black appearing by the side of my bed. It was moving around my bed. Now, when socks was alive she used to walk around my bed going underneath it etc. And you would see her tail or back occasionally just over the top of the edge. Socks was Black.

I believe both my cats came to say goodbye. Because since those incidents, it never happened again.

Other hauntings by ErinT

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
I am glad that both of them came back to see you, they were just probably letting you know that they knew you loved them and always will, and not to worry that they will always love you and always be with you, even if you can't see or feel them.
Thanks for sharing this story. 😊
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Thats a very nice story, my cat (Foofy) was hit by a car on his way home one night (when I was about 9 years old), and about 3-4 weeks later I saw him come across the road, almost as if he were saying 'see I made it back fine' for a split second I thought he was still alive, and went running to him, when I got to the spot where he was, there was no cat in sight, I looked around, and didn't see anything.

So I don't doubt your story a bit.
Thanks for sharing.
Tricia
nickki21681 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Reading your story makes me know that what I experience was not me going crazy. I truly believe my cat did the same to me. 😊
cordelia207 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-29)
I hope my cats comes back to say goodbye when they pass on. I really would look forward to seeing them again. I love reading stories where the cat comes back because it gives me hope that mine will as well when their time comes. I hope to spend many years with them yet.
Thank you for sharing :)
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
aww, that's so sweet. You must have treated them well. I bet they love you, (love because even after death, they still do) I feel so sad when I read about cats, I don't know what I'll do when Mystique passes on... I hope I have a lot more time to spend with her, she's only 2 and a half
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-03)
Hey

My cat did that too! Cool

LucyXX

P.s. Read "my guardian angel is my old cat"

My experience that is!
Unknown (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-16)
You should be thankful Was it scary? I would of been scared I wish you luck with your pets

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: