You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Beside Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Beside Me

 

Several years ago at my apartment, I woke up at 3am and felt something around my neck squeezing the life out of me. I gasped for 10 seconds then it stopped. Never saw anything though. For a whole I would wake up in cold sweats at 3am as if someone was torturing me. I would get nightmares and they would come true, all the time. I broke up with my girlfriend right before this happened, which leads me to believe she did something, like magic. Because as long as I have been alive I don't believe in this, but this kind of thing only happened when we broke up. I never saw her again.

Fast forward 7 years later, I had very bad luck, lost money, got cheated by friends, and was constantly accosted by homeless people or weirdoes that would just pick a fight with me... They just would come out of nowhere and pick a fight, surreal! So I went to our family psychic who is well respected because she doesn't charge money. She said something very mean was following me and she couldn't do anything about it. It was weird because I didn't tell her anything and she just said that.

How do I get rid of a spirit like this, forever and can I do something, like a prayer to find out how it happened or if my ex-girlfriend did something, or what this thing is?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Harold, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-16)
I would suggest making a witch bottle. They are an old fashioned way of turning a curse back upon the original wisher.
sagemizu (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Well your ex may have done something but first it wouldn't hurt to get checked out by a doctor. It's always best to get the scientific part done before going to the paranormal. Why not ask your family psychic on where to get help because I don't think there's plainly no way to get rid of the thing.
Jeannie (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
This very thing happened to me and it is my belief that an earthbound (very powerful) spirit attached its self to you in your vulnerable state. I, too, would wake up feeling hands around my neck, hear the ringing in my ears, be completely paralyzed, couldn't speak, felt the cold, even heard the breathing. It was terrifying. It happened at least 4 times that I distinctly remember. I saw the shadow, it would follow me around. I got to the point where I would literally drop to my knees and beg god to get rid of it. I prayed, I did everything I could think of, even overdose because I grew tired of it. I now realize all I had to do was take control, build an energy bubble around myself and call on assistance from my guides. It went on for years, coming and going. I am happy to say that I am rid of it. Reiki is a very important tool in my life, you should look into it. I still have run-ins with ghosts, but they keep their distance because I know how to push them away. Good luck, my friend. Do not be afraid, if you need advice you can reach me at jeanniemarie76 [at] gmail.com.
kuromi2012 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
It sounds like a spell has been casted on you if that's true then you can go to an occult shop or a place they can do a reversal spell so that it will be lifted from you
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
If you do contact your ex, be careful. If you suspect her of casting a spell on you she may be able to do worse things. It would be best to have someone that knows about this with you when you call/meet her to make sure nothing gets out of hand. Smoothing things out might help get rid of this evil being following you. If she cause this then she should know how to get rid of it. I don't know really if blessing a person is possible (probably called by a different name) but if this being follows you wherever you go, blessing a location won't do it, you'll need to cleanse yourself in my opinion to get rid of this spirit. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

-Hope
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
was your ex-gf practicing witch craft? She might have casted a spell on you or contacted a spirit to put you on this.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Maybe contact this ex-girlfriend to see if she did do something. I hate to say it but girls can be very spiteful. Also try find someone to bless you and your house. 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: