You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Started Seeing Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Started Seeing Shadows

 

First time poster here. Love the site but anyways I have got a story to tell.

Ok so recently there have been some strange occurrences happening around our house. We moved into our house in 1993 and bought it brand new. Nothing paranormal ever happened until recently some strange unexplainable things have been happening.

The first time I had paranormal experience was when I was sitting in my living room with my sister. I saw something moving in the hallway. I turned my head to look thinking it was mom, only to see a shadow walk across the hallway right through the closet door. I asked my sister if she saw anything and she said she wasn't paying attention to the hall. Nothing too spooky so I blew it off and basically forgot about it.

A few weeks' later things started getting to weird for me. Everyday I would see shadows moving, running, or floating around the house. Sometimes I would look and the shadows would just zoom across the room and disappear. Other times I would stare at one and it would just float off. The shadow (s) would always appear in different shapes and sizes.

I think I'm the only one seeing these and if not my family is hiding the fact that they're seeing them too.

The other night after watching some TV I decided to go down to the basement and go to bed. My sister's room is right across the hall from mine. When I turned the corner I saw a shadow zoom right through my sisters door. Immediately after I heard what sounded like my sister scream. I ran to her room and opened the door only to find her in a deep sleep. That really freaked me out. But it gets weirder.

Later that night when I was trying to fall asleep in my room I was startled by a pressure on my bed. You know like it felt like there was someone sitting on the edge of my bed. Then I started to hear a noise that was like gargling and hissing. It's hard to find words to describe the noise but it had me scared out of my socks. I was stricken by fear and to afraid to look and see what it was afraid that it was something I really didn't want to see. After about 30 seconds it stopped and I looked to see nothing there.

My room felt cold but that could just be because it's always pretty cold in my basement. I was so startled by this I haven't slept in my room since and I still see the shadows. I wish all this would just go away.

Any ideas or comments welcome.

Ps, all this kind of started happening since my life has become more stressful. I have been fighting with my parents a lot and I have been very stressed from other things. Maybe this could be attracting these things? I don't know just throwing that out there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, corie128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sunsolaris2000 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
I see too.
If you want, join my group on Facebook, "Spirituality". It is private, so first you must add me: Kyupa Suria (sunsolaris2000 [at] yahoo.com if still cannot find me). You will know more about it... As soon as my guess is confirmed by the esoteric school I joined. I made the group for people that want to know more about this stuff.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I myself am being haunted by these Shadow People some are really nasty and only want to cause you fear and discomfort. Myself being only twelve have seen thes beings they're not all evil some are seeking help and the others...well. I haven't experienced an evil Shadow so far but just remember stay positive and know God is with you watching how you stand up to these beings and will aid you in desperate measures. He helped me in a dream once, saving me from an evil being. Haha Good luck, Katherine
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
they are called Shadows and are often drawn to negative energy or phychically gifted people who are feeling weak or vulnerable... They tend to use illusion to try and increase your fear of them; it is best to not show any fear... I know that's easy for me to say but I have had some nasty experiences with them in the past; right when it felt like my life was going to total hell; they sent me some nasty waking dreams (very horrible stuff) and generally tried to scare me a great deal. My advice is this; sit in the dark, facing a full length mirror and speak the following words out loud "I do not fear you, you cannot harm me, only cause me fear. But I shall not and will not fear you so be gone from this place." whether they can hear you or not, it helps as far as positive reinforcement goes.
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
BTW...hissing doesn't sound good at all has anything else been happening? Does your sister remember anything?
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
i don't believe spirits should be treated any different than people when it comes to your home. Meaning they aren't allowed to come in unless invited, and aren't to be trusted just because they seem nice. Ted bundy seemed nice but wasn't.

The only persons who have a right to be in your home are those who are paying rent. Tell the ghosts to stay out. You might also want to tell your parents.

Also, the spirit may be causing the tenssion between you and your family, not just drawn by it.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-26)
I absolutely agree with everyone about the negative energy attracting spirits, and not the good ones. The fallen spirits see the negativity in your household as a way to work their way farther into your home and into you and your family. If there has been manefistations cause already I'd definetly look for outside help. And believe nothing a spirit like that might tell you, it wouldn't be in your best interest.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
You just may have with out realizing it created a Poltergeist. With all of the negativity and stress going on in your life, that's what it sounds like.

Maybe you should try getting along with your parents, after all you are living under their roof and they are paying the bills. One day you may be a parent yourself. When you get much older, you'll look back on some of the things you said and did as far as your parents are concerned and you may wish you would have listened to them more. You only have them once, so love them, listen to them, laugh with them, and be loyal to them.

If it is a Poltergeist, they normally don't hang around that long. They are just very annoying.

Be blessed.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Hey corie1298, great story!

The shadows also could've been outside cars or people going by. And when you thought that shadow was your mother's, where was she that time, did you go and check? Maybe it was her. That pressure on your bed is unexplainable. Maybe it is attracting bad energy. Try getting your house blessed. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Biemaster 😁
lala123 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
hmm, I see the same sorta things, the house may not be haunted, the pressure on the bed and the noise sounds to me like it could be an animal, possibly a spirit guide? I'm not sure, but next time you see something, don't be scared, just ask yourself how the pressence makes you feel, if you get a good vibe you have no resson to be worried. Let me know if you see anything else, I could help:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
Hi Welcome to YGS and Yeah Engery can do that when you are stresfully plus you fight your parent I too same way fight my mother when things go bump the night when we are stress. Next Time just taken slow or you want it that back not good.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
This is probably a spirit attracted to negative energy here are some tips
1) You always have to go with what the parents say, they are the ones paying the bills.
2) do not try to contact spirits without the help of some one who is experienced with this sort of things
3) Don't take yourself too seriously I had these figures for a week and when I started to take myself not too seriously then the figures left. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Supposedly spirits and ghosts are attracted by negative energy. Such as arguements and stress. That could be the reasons for there sudden visitation.
Maybe you should try getting the house blessed? If you feel threatened by these spirits try saying the Lord's prayer.
Hope this somehow helped. 😕

God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: