You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: When I Was A Boy

Real Ghost Stories

When I Was A Boy

 

When I was about 12 I lived in South London, this was in the late 70's, we were a poor but happy family, and my knowledge of ghosts was almost zero.

A friend at that time came and stayed at our house for a week, we went to school together and shared my bedroom. We used to smoke in my bedroom. One evening I was lying at one end of my bed and my friend Gary was under the covers at the other end, we had a packet of cigarettes in the middle with an ashtray. I was allowed to smoke in my bedroom after being told off for smoking on many occasions, it was the sort of thing kids did in the 70's.

Well I went to get another cigarette and noticed the packet was missing, I thought Gary had hidden it, he thought I had, we searched the room and found it under a table at the other end of the room.

We still thought it was each other, so placed the cigarettes in the middle of the bed both lay down and after about 10 seconds looked and they were gone, we found them in the same place under the table again.

We did this 3 or 4 times and by now realized that it was not us doing this.

I suggested writing on a piece of paper is there anyone there and drawing a box under the question, I put it under the bed with a pen and after about 10 seconds checked again, the answer yes in scrawled writing could be read, we started asking lots and lots of questions like how old are you, your name, when did you die, what do you like, what do you not like, something's were answered but something's like age at death and year of death we could get a date and age but not an exact date and age within a few years as if the ghost did not want to give the exact date, we found it was a young man of about 18 years, of German origin who had died around 1918, he did not like the dark attic, liked being amongst people. He wrote that ghosts couldn't talk, though I have seen stuff on TV that states they can.

We asked how many ghosts were in the house and were told 4, also told they were good beings not bad.

This went on for a couple of evenings and then one evening when we got the paper from under the bed it had swear words for answers in a different hand, we thought it was our spirit friend messing about but eventually found out it was not, our friend could write sometimes but most of the time there was scribble and swear words, we found out that some bad spirits had entered the house and were taking over from the good spirits,

We asked if there was anything we could do to help, the good spirit said call for help in our minds, we tried this and eventually could get clear answers from the spirit that help had arrived and the bad spirits had been removed, during this time objects had been moved, sometimes in front of our eyes but usually we would see them after they had started moving or whilst in the air, this happened around the time of the swear words being written, when things had calmed down we tried some tests, putting small objects inside bottles covering them in newspaper and asking for the objects inside to be put in other rooms, this actually happened without the outer objects being touched.

Things got a bit strange when an object started moving under the bed cover, it was like a hand, we asked questions, shake once for no, twice for yes and found out eventually that it was a girl, I never looked under the cover at the hand as I was too scared to, though I was comfortable for it to be under the bed cover, Gary did and said it was white.

This girl spirit started doing strange stuff like taking cigarettes and putting them inside our underpants without us knowing, after a while it started scratching us with fine scratches about 6 to 8 inches long.

Gary got cross and kicked the hand under the cover and it no longer appeared.

We thought that was the end of it but the next night the room went crazy with objects flying everywhere, I had some heavy fossils and got worried that they would hit us so we started throwing loose objects into drawers this only got worse, when we left for school, objects would be thrown at us in the street even though my bedroom windows were closed.

I had a bible, school one like most kids Gary read from it and then dropped it to the floor, the activity died down and stopped, Gary went back home the next day and that was the end of it for a day or so, then it started again, this time I got really worried by myself and prayed for help to rid me of this, and it did work, it stopped all together.

The activities had something to do with Gary as lesser things happened on a regular basis at his house

My writing above may sound incredible maybe not but I have no reason to lie or make up stories the world is full of this type of thing for me not to bother adding to it.

Apart from this story I have seen a ghost once, as clear as anything you could see and seeing it really scared me, I froze and could hardly breath, all I could think was don't look at me, something about the eyes I guess, this was not at my house but around the corner in a derelict house, well, that is my true story that has taking all these years to eventually write

Regards

Masbro

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Masbro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Masbro (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
hi

Thanks for all the helpful comments, I think especially as a child you get used to what goes on around you so by the time things like the bed covers were moving with a hand underneath it started to seem quite normal, I guess a bit like when someone goes through a war they get used to seeing things that I without experience just could not deal with.

I will add some more information about the ghost in the old house.

My friends had a bet that each of us should stand inside the hallway of the old house alone for two minutes, it was me to go first. I climbed through the broken glass panel on the front door and sat in the hall on an old wooden chair.
It was a very sunny day and even though the house was boarded up there was enough light getting through between the boards for me to make out the hall leading to a large staircase, a door in the distance and two doors one to the left and one to the right of me in the hall.

I sat their thinking this is easy, I could hear my friends talking outside, when suddenly I felt very very cold and could feel shivers down my spine, it seemed to go very quiet and suddenly an old lady in a Victorian dress floated from the left door across the hall to the right door, I say floated as she did not appear to walk, it was like she was on a skateboard just drifting along, I stood up but could not move with fear and just stared at her, she was very clear to see, I could see the pleats in her dress and the lines on her old and worn face, she had a very stern expression, not cruel but kind of tough like she had had a very hard life, there was absolute silence around her, she just drifted across and through into the room on the right, my greatest fear was that she would see me I don't know why but that was all I could think of those cold eyes looking at me, as soon as she had gone I dived through the broken glass door panel and rolled down some stone steps to where my friends were standing.

I told them what I had seen, they all laughed and did not beleave me but none would enter the building alone, if only I had had a camera and been brave enough to use it

Thanks for reading, this is a great site

Regards

Masbro

The above are my experiances with the super natural I do have one story that was told to me by an old friend but it resulted in the death of one of their relatives so I am not sure if it is right for me to write here about it, let me know what you think

Thanks again
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
Hey Masbro, thanks for sharing your sotry with us!

That was one scary encounter! I would've been scared out of my guts! If you want to get rid of the ghosts, then why don't you call your local priest or religious person and ask him what to do to get the ghosts out of the house, or maybe he can even do some rituial or something to get rid of the ghosts. I don't think they are friendly ghosts, they look more mean to me because they threw things at you and your friend. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Biemaster 😁
eberkhols (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
You mentined how you were communicating with the girl by shaking your bed cover. If it's a bad spirit sometimes they're likely to lie just to get a rise out of you. Be careful when you communicate with ghosts, sometimes their not what they say they are.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
Hi Masbro,

Hope you have quit smoking! 😳 besides that, good story, thanks for sharing,

Claudia
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-16)
It certainly must have been scary, especially when you were on your own, but it was a good job these demons weren't really evil ones, or it could have got nasty. Best wishes
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Definetly would have fightened me!
I'm glad you and Gary weren't harmed too badly, although it must have shook you up a bit.
You did the right thing asking God for help.
Maybe you could write up the full story to your other ghost experience that you mentioned. I would be interested to read about that.

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-15)
Well these seem to be weak demons/bad spirits. But you did the right thing calling to god for help. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: