You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Miss My Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

I Miss My Grandpa

 

One things for sure, I am a huge believer of ghosts and the unexplainable paranormal. I have my share of experiences in my home and it's safe to say that there are ghosts in my home. However, on April 6, 2006 I experienced something so incredible. My grandpa had a stroke and he was in the hospital for about a week. The doctors said that there was no way for him to live and that he was going to die. Seeing my grandpa in that state was so strange to me because he was the kind of person that could find his way out of any situation. And this just didn't make any sense.

My grandmother and my two aunts and decided the final decision. So, on April 6 my family had gone to the hospital and they stayed with my grandpa until his final moments. I didn't want to go because I thought they were being stupid and were giving up on him.

It was only a week that he had been in a coma. So, I was home and so were my two younger brothers. They were upstairs and I was downstairs watching TV. At exactly 10:17 pm I got goose bumps head to toe. I felt this weird feeling throughout my body and there he was. I saw my grandpa right in front of me only for a few seconds and then he was gone. Later, the next day I asked my aunt when they shut him off and she said at exactly 10:17. I was stunned.

A few days after that I saw my grandpa standing right in front of the bathroom door while my mom and I were doing the dishes. My mom said she saw him, too. And what's strange is that I saw him dressed in the same clothes that he was buried in. Then I saw him walk toward my dad and he disappeared.

My father isn't a firm believer of the supernatural. But I was talking to my mom and she said that she would walk in on him and she would hear him talking to himself. And when she would ask him why he was talking to himself he would say that he was talking to his father [my grandpa].

During the 40 days after his death, I saw him in my dream. His mother had passed away two weeks before he did. My grandpa made the best Armenian barbeque in the whole city. And that's a fact, no one can argue with. So, in my dream he was wearing his usual white shirt and sweats with his black slippers next to the grill with a glass of vodka in his hand. His mother was sitting on the other side of the grill also holding a glass of vodka. My grandpa was smiling at me and was calling me to come towards him and that he had something to tell me. But I was too afraid to go in my dream. I kept asking him why he was calling me and then I woke up at that moment. I saw that dream twice.

I'm not sure. I just really miss my grandpa.

Other hauntings by eveelinaa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eveelinaa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tortor61 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-03)
every time somebody close to me passes, the night they die I have a dream about them dying. And I didn't even know they died when I had the dream. It happened with my grandmother,grandfather on the opposite side of the family, and my extremely close elderly neighbor. I still remember 1 out of three but I know I had three nightmares. God I miss them. 😭
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Seems like there is a time and it ranges from a few days to a year that a passed soul will visit the earthly plane. This is not someone stuck here but someone who seems to be able to visit to help those having trouble coping with the loss. He sounds like a great guy and be assured even though his body is gone, his essence is alive and well on the other side and he loved you enough to try and comfort you on this side as well. Some have visions, some have dreams but seems like the contact can be made. I think the veil between their world and ours isn't all that different at first. I think it takes a while for some spirits to finally move on but eventually they all do.
hestiak (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
hey that's really interesting.
Had similer thing happen.
Maybe he wants to say goodbye or something.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I'm sorry for your loss.

I believe sometimes you just know or can sense when something "bad" (in this case your grandfather passing) has happened. Time/place doesn't matter. When you feel it... You feel it.

I wouldn't fret over the dreams you've been having. Take it as him visiting you.

Also: yes everyone will have their time when they pass on. It is still painful and hard for loved ones living. Death isn't easy or something you just shrug off. While I don't know your grandfather, he obviously meant something to you. Don't let negative comments get to you. I for one appreciate your story.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
sorry about your grandpa's passing. He probably have something to tell you. My grandpa also died a few years ago and I was the only one dreaming of him and he was just staring at me.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Hi eevalinaa,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm very sorry for the loss of your grandfather. It's hard to lose a grandparent especially when you are so close to them. I felt the same way you do when my grandfather passed away many years ago. He came to me in my dreams a lot and even told me that he was sorry for leaving so soon. When you dream of him again don't be afraid just listen to what he has to say. Best Wishes 😊 ❤
elner (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
😕 again... With this kind of stories 😕 NOT SAYING THAT THIS SUCKS or what but... I really don't get that feeling when people say that this guys is great and doesn't deserve to die I mean EVERYONE has the turn to die and I'm very very skeptical about the time 😳 I mean... 10:17 and... I mean every CLOCK in the world is not the same I mean if you look at your TV and you saw the clock that might not be the same as the one in the hospital and FYI I don't believe in ghost because ghost are not real... Sorry if I hurt someone or make them angry its just I don't believe in ghost in my own kind of way you don't have to follow it and for my own kind of way ghost are the ones that hurt US I mean when you see your grandpa does it hurt you or does it make you feel happy? I mean if I saw a ghost of my friend I would be sad because I remembered that he died and we had so much memories together that would not be great.
Pudge23 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I know what you are feeling. I lost my grandfather in October 4,2003. He was the greatest person in the whole world (to me anyway). I am very sorry to here that you have lost someone very dear to you. He will always be with you and you are very lucky to have got to see your grandpa one last time. It will pray for you to help your heart heal. God bless you
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Hey, good to hear another story from you eveelinaa.

Maybe your grandfather came to say goodbye t you at 10:17 p.m. Very emotional story! And I agree with book_luver123, that next time you have that dream again, go closer to him and see what he's trying to say to you. It could be important. Best of luck!

Biemaster 😁
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Well If you have this dream again perhaps go a bit closer towards them, see the outcome. ❤
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
wow sounds like you had a very close relationship with you grandfather and I am sorry to hear of his passing. The fact of you seeing him at the time of his passing is not very uncommon, though it is usually during war time that this happens a lot more (I read in a book when I was child that part).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: