You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: My Ghostly Childhood Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Childhood Friend

 

I was born in California, but moved to Washington with my family around the time that I had started first grade. Soon after I began seeing dark figures in my room at night. You couldn't really make out any particular features other then that they were shaped more like adult males (tall, broad shoulders, wide chests) none of them had faces. They would spend the time moving around my room paying no attention to me. These events didn't happen every night, and the nights that they did happen I sometimes would have some very scary nightmares.

At first this was very frightening, but after I had seen that they would not hurt me I grew used to them being there. One night was different though. We had been living in the house for a little over 2 years and I was now in the third grade, one night I had just laid in bed and said good night to the figures (I had gotten so used to them being there that saying good night to them just became part of my routine)

For the first time one of them responded and said good night back to me, I was very startled from this but I continued to talk to him. I don't remember the entire conversation but what I do remember is that he introduced himself as "Other" and told me that he wasn't there to hurt me. After this Other and I became rather good friends and I began to see him during the day.

After a couple of years Other and I became so close that I allowed him to what he called "inhabit" my body. After this happened I stopped seeing the dark figures in my room. I and other would still talk I would "think" things and he would "think" them back to me.

It wasn't until I was about 16 years old that other began to use my body without my permission, because of this I got very upset with him and told him to leave my body. And I never saw him again

I'm now 18 years old and I have begun to see the dark figures again. Not only in my house but in other places to such as when I was at a party with my friend Brandon and he suggested that we go to a house that was "haunted" it was there that I met another figure and had a conversation with it but that's a different story

Well that my story I know it's a little out there and you probably won't believe me, but thank you for taking the time to read it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CameronY, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nikkikki (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
I really don't think I would call this a demon. A cognitive or 'aware/intelligent' spirit perhaps, but as 'Other' did no more than overstep his boundaries and has not threatened violence against you or anyone else or hurt you in any way, I would say that he's nothing more than a spirit longing to still be a part of this world. That being said, it's never a good idea to invite a being into your body.
CameronY (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
-JamesRobiscoe, Other never explained why he wanted to be in my body, as for his state of habination it came and went, but at the same time when I couldn't feel him in my body sometime I would feel that he was still around watching me. Other would sometimes be gone for weeks at a time then he would show up again. As for the identity of the other shadow figures, Other is the only one that introduced himself to me in my house. I know the name of one other one; the I met while at the party at Brandons house, and that ones name was Jack. I didn't spend a lot of time talking. Interacting with him didn't feel the same as it did when I talked to Other, Jack felt more... Well I guess the best way to describe it is that when I talked to him he felt more heavy I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense but that's the best way I can describe it, and as for how they talked it is kind of of like listening to a radio station that isn't tuned right I get part of the message just fine but the rest is jumbled and hard to understand
-Tonith the stuff you said about being psychically sensitive makes a little sense, when my mother was in high school a few of her friends died and she told me stories of them visting her to say goodbye befor they passed on, and my brother has told me a few times that he can see auras around people. I don't know if there is any connection to me but that's all the information I got for you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
If all of this didn't coincide with your parents splitting up I may think it was actually a spirit and not your own lonliness and confusion at work. Emotional upheaval in a kid's life can do weird things to the psyche. Now at 18 I would have to ask the same question as to your stress level. I know at that age I didn't have a ton of confidence and didn't know what life would bring. Could this be the reason you are starting to see the shadow people again? All this aside, it may be that you are psychically sensitive and you can either learn to hone it or ignore it. That is up to you and your comfort level.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
CameronY--Thanks for the extras. Sounds like Other was friendly and benign in helping you through difficulties. Is that all he did? Did he ever explain where he came from and why he wanted to inhabit your body? I wonder if you learned the identity of the other shadowy figures. Do they speak cogently or just whispery words?
Does the state of his habitation come or go or is it constant?
I suppose you do feel in control of your life, but it would be helpful to you if you understood the nature of this phenomena, and it might enlighten some of us as well. ~ James
CameronY (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
well I guess that best way I could help out with that is this, my parents know little if not anything about Other because around the same time that him and I began to talk my parents had began to split apart from each other so I would spend much if not all of my time at my friends house. (usually let's call them Brandon or Luke's house) Because of this they know quite a lot about the events that happened in my room, Luke has actually experienced some odd stuff in my room like the door opening on its own, and the light turning on and off. Choosing one event where Other helped me would be kind of difficult, when he helped me it would be something simple like say... Reminding me I forgot my wallet, sometimes he would warn me that something bad was going to happen like when some kids were going to jump me my junior year of high school so that I would take a differnt route to my car then usual.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
CameronY--You tell a story just fine. I meant to say only there wasn't ENOUGH of it for me to form a clear picture of the enduring and very complex phenomenon you presented. It isn't often written about so naturally I have curiosity about how the events happened and who noticed and what were the consequences, not to mention the variety. Could you tell us of a situation you felt "Other" helped you out?
To "disinvite" a spirit and have it comply is also uncommon, although if you see Other as connected with the most recent reappearances, perhaps the disinvitation didn't work? What do you think? What's your sense of it? ~ James
lohla415 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
thats a great story thanks for sharing 😊 that great story I think I been to that house
CameronY (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
sorry I apologise for the lack of details it happened for so long I guess I didn't want the story to drag on, as for why I let Other inhabit me for so long is because it was just like having a friend with me all the time, we would have conversations, he would help me with my problems. It was nothing really bad or negative, at least I never thought of him that way. I hope that helps a little I'm not very good at story telling
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
A bit more information would be helpful and lovely it could help us tell you what these figures are, but thank you for sharing this story anyway. ❤
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
I do admit that it does lack a lot of details I do think you should expand it out some more so we who do read it could understand why you allowed in to co-habitat with you for so long.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
CameronY--I can understand how a lonely kid might want to befriend another child that's invisible to adults as in certain reported cases, and I can understand wanting to make allies out of those who can potentially hurt or overpower him or her, but I do not understand how it could continue (a) without the parents eventually tumbling to the fact it's going on, (b) why you would invited this "Other" to inhabit your body, and (c) why you let it go on into adolescence.
There is oh, so much missing from the middle of your tale, I can only comment that I find what you have told us very disturbing on a number of levels.
If you wish, you could tell us more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: