You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Seeing Nuns

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Nuns

 

Here it goes for my first story, Okay this happened while I was in school last year, I'm not going to mention the schools name, but it has a history with nuns and nuns living and dying in the main building of the school.

Okay, so I'm sitting in music one day and I'm facing the door to the class room talking to my friends Kate and Jess, when I saw a black figure pacing in front of the door out of the tops of my eyes (I was looking down at the paper I was writing on) I looked up and it was gone. The next day I was up in Demountable 1 and saw several Nuns walking around on the grass behind the Demountable, I turned to Jess and poked her and said "Do you see that out there?" she looked outside and shook her head "no".

At this moment in time I was starting to get a little freaked out, I knew all about the history of the school, and outside of the music rooms there's a grass pathway past the tennis courts and around the side of the art and Tech rooms, there's a small mound of grass that is shaped exactly like a grave, guys its an actual mound, it sticks out of the ground and I'd say it's about two meters long.

Every time I walk over it I get chills and feel hands groping at my shoulders and its really beginning to freak me out, I've told my friends but they just laugh at me and say I am being stupid

Also in the other part of the school upstairs there's this long corridor that goes around room 19 and then up a flight of stairs to rooms 20 and 21, then along the veranda were my locker is and the language rooms 22 and 23 are, everyone says that this the corridor/Veranda is haunted. I hear footsteps walking across the concrete and the wood, and then doors shut when there's no wind.

When I was in room 19 the door began to shut and I whispered "There's no need for that" and the door stopped dead in it's tracks, then I saw a small child's face in the window next to the door and I got a bit creeped out, the face turned and ran away with small barley there footsteps.

To this day I haven't had a class in room 19 but I do in rooms 21, 22 and 23 and nothing ever happens when I'm around.

But then out of the blue I was standing behind De 5 and saw something out of the corner of my eye, I turned towards it and saw a woman in white standing there with long brown hair and a cross around her neck, she smiled and said "I have missed you Layla" and for the record my names not Layla, its Ehlana:) I got really scared and ran away but I heard a voice yelling behind me "Beware the third hour"

I haven't seen that woman anywhere, and now I'm really scared, I know it all seems so far fetched and I'm very sorry if you don't believe me, but I would like to hear your opinions about my experiences, I'll keep you posted

3 PsychicSceneKid45

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PysicicSceneKid45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
umm I think I know what school it is. My cousin goes to the year 7&8 one and sometimes for sport days she goes to the other one you know what I'm talking about and feels the weird presence 😐 😐 😕
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Thats realy creepy! I live in britain, in a town called blackpool, and my dad works at a school here called st mary's, and nuns lived and died there too. You should check it out. Best wishes
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Could be an intelligent haunting and you just look like Layla I am surprised no one actually thought of that. But anyways she said "be wary of the third hour" for I would be wary of the third hour ^^
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Could be nothing more than residual activity. Are you sure the lady in white was talking to you? Could it be possible you just witnessed another residual haunting and thought it was directed at you? You seem to be sensitive and that can be a curse or a gift, depending how comfortable you are with this gift.
I live in a old Victorian house that was a convent for 40 years after the Church bought it from the man who built it in 1886. The nuns moved out by 1963 and a private owner bought it and I bought it from that owner in 2002. So in the last 123 years we are only the 4th owners. We did a lot of reconstruction and one night I was sitting in the living room by myself and I thought I saw a black and white form with hand on the bannister, for a second, ascending the stair case. The nuns here were Franciscan so I knew what their habits looked like being that I went to Catholic school as a child. It didn't scare me but it was weird. Outside of that experience and one of being touched in the attic one bright afternoon, this place doesn't seem to have much going on. I don't think anyone ever died in this house but I can't be sure about that. I do believe what I saw was residual. Can you imagine how many times nuns ascended those steps in 40 years? Maybe its the same with your school. Just a repetition of actions from people who were there for decades.
amy11 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
WOW! Never really been in a really haunted school like that! My school is like nothing! I said your school si haunted leave it all don't worry about the haunted things. 😲
PysicicSceneKid45 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
Aww hi guys, and thanks so much for reading my story, so you guys said you wanted to hear more bout the history of the school, so here goes, this school was one of the many that the presentation nuns founded, and before it was a school, it used to be a manor house, and a few servants and possibly one of the men of the house did die in the area, the nuns I'm seeing however are a totally different story, the nuns of the presentation lived in the main building and like I said, died, many died from illnesses, and I have no clue why they might be hanging around, but anyways this school was founded in around 1901
Hope that helped, id love to hear more of your opinions:)
❤ Ehlana
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
I have a theory; the nun was like the mother/big sister of a girl there, she was welcoming the girl back (maybe after running away) and warning her of something. And that her message never got any attention so she hangs around trying to warn Layla. Thanks for listening. ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
I'm always wary of "haunted school" stories.

Anyway, It seems like your school may have quite a history behind it, which is interesting.
lohla415 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
thanks for a great story I will think about your story and get you posted about what I think 😁
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Wow!...your school seems really hunted!, I would not worry about what that lady told you... To me it might be residual... (I mean, she didn't even got your name right! 😳)
Be well,
Claudia
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
It's certainly a lot to take in, although I do believe you.
"Beware the third hour." What do you think that means? The time 3:00?
The woman in white could have been a Nun.
I'm really not sure what to make of all of this. Maybe telling us some of the history could help. If they haven't harmed you at all I wouldn't worry. Keep us posted.

God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: