You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Touch Of A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Touch Of A Ghost?

 

I had an experience about 4 years ago where I was asleep alongside my boyfriend of 7 years. He lived in a small house, but with his room on the opposite side of the house to all the others. It may have been about 2 am in the morning; I lay asleep on my stomach, when I awoke with an excruciating burning pain on my back and an incredible feeling of fear. It felt as though someone was pushing me down into the bed, not allowing me to get up. When I managed to sit up, I hurriedly tried waking my boyfriend up to help me. Once I got him up I made him switch on the light where I immediately told him to check my back where it was burning. There he said he could see, not necessarily a handprint, but a big distinct red swish that felt like I had coles burning on my back. I was so frightened I started to cry. My boyfriend then proceeded to tell me his grandmother had passed away in that very bed about 8 years prior.

Strangely enough this was the time our relationship started to get very rocky and I could constantly feel a presence in his room as if I were not welcome there.

Was this maybe a warning to get out?

We did separate, but this frightening experience still bothers me to this day.

Can anyone relate to my story, has this happened to anyone else before?

As a little girl I always experienced dark figures and shadows around me, especially when I slept. I went to see a "spiritual healer" and she told me I had to figuratively "put on armour", and with the use of prayer, fight these demons away. It stopped once I had done this a while, but then the above experience happened, and now I can always feel when there is an uncomfortable presence in someone's house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nats282, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

LaceyWacey (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-14)
i've had a similar experiencne, one night
About 2 months ago I was lying awake, my bed is against the wall and I was lying on my side away from the wall all of the sudden I felt a very warm hand pressing on my back, I rolled over to see who was there but I couldn't see any one and their was no one in the room with me for about 5 minutes afterward I could still feel were the hand had been! 😨
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
I have read about spirits that have slapped, pushed or restrained someone. I have also read of sleep paralysis which can have a lot of the same effects. I am not sensitive but sounds like you are. Not sure this had to do with the grandmother but if it was her maybe she just wanted you to get on with your life without her grandson and you seem to have done just that. Or it was your own insecurities manifesting and the result was the same. You got on with your life without him. After 7 years glad you didn't waste more time on him.
guara678 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
hi,
You should try praying but there is a mantra that I know of that you can read and these demons will disappear from your life. Please do tell me if you are eager to rid of these disturbing presences.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
His grandmother may be a old fashion to see a girl and boy sleep same bed together even thought ya'll not married she think that is wrong for a single couple sleep toghether so thought maybe for that.
Nats282 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
Thank you 4d! Haven't ever experienced it again, I have got my armour on and ready for battle 😉
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
Maybe his grandmother was unhappy about your relationship with him and on a small quick note I hope you have a good time. ❤
Nats282 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-20)
hi lohla415, this took place about 4 years ago, I have had other experiences since such as whispers when I sleep, but none like my "burning" experience again. Wont say its a bad thing not to have experienced it again 😊
lohla415 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
how old were you when that happened that is a great story I bet that pained hert why did you brake up with your boyfriend was his grandmother nice 😆
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-19)
Nats282,
Great story, thanks for sharing! I have never heard of anyone having searing pain from a spirit before. Have you experienced this again since you left your significant other? I hope the best for you during the rough times and don't forget to polish that armor. 😊 Aloha - 4d

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: