You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Can Ghosts Really Physically Touch You?

Real Ghost Stories

Can Ghosts Really Physically Touch You?

 

I know this may sound crazy, because believe me I know how it sounds in my head and when I've told my friends, but I really need to know if anyone has had any similar experiences and if so what have you done about it!

I believe that I have been physically touched by a ghost even though I've never seen one. Each of the experiences seems to happen when something in my life has changed.

The first occasion was just over two years ago and was not scary in the slightest, more comforting than anything. My mum sadly passed away suddenly on 2nd April 2007. Obviously a very distressing time for me. My world had been turned upside down as I had never before lost anyone so close to me in my life. About 6 weeks after her passing and me not being able to sleep properly during that time, approximately 3am in the morning, lying on my side in bed crying facing out from the bed to the door, I felt someone lying behind me, they put their arms around my shoulders and squeezed as if a hug. Now whether or not it was wishful thinking or I actually heard it, I heard my mum's voice saying "oh Lynne" as I was hugged. About 20 minutes later I was sound asleep and it was the best night's sleep I'd had since she passed.

Unfortunately though there have been two other occasions when I feel that I have been touched and I can categorically say it was not my mum so I'll explain each in turn.

Approximately 8 months ago my dad, who couldn't cope on his own without my mum, was put into a residential care home and this in itself was quite traumatic for him and ultimately for me. At about the same time, again lying in bed in the early hours of the morning being unable to sleep, this time with my back to the door facing into the centre of the bed, I felt a pressure placed on top of my head as if it was trying to push it down. I shook my head thinking it was just my imagination and sleepy mind but then it was as though something was tugging at my hip pulling it forward. Not both sides of my hips though just the hip that was upward facing so in essence I was being rocked back and forth as I lay on my side. It only happened for about 3 or 4 tugs and then stopped. There was definitely nothing in front of me that could have done it!

Now the most recent event was last night (16/17 August 2009). I lost my job 6 weeks ago due to redundancy. I could not get to sleep last night for love nor money so I know 100% for definite that I was awake. The light outside was just starting to change (to be honest I was too afraid to look at my phone to see what time it was but I'd guesstimate about 5am). Again I was lying in my bed facing the door so on the outside of the bed. I could hear what sounded like children laughing outside (it wasn't cats, cats sound like children crying) very unlikely at that time in the morning, I could also hear what sounded like mumbled voices behind me, definitely in my room. I only managed to make out one word and it was "Raymond". When I heard the word I felt what seemed to be someone getting on my bed and lying behind me right up close to the extent I could feel heat on my back. It felt as though an arm was put around me and a hand placed on my thigh (more inner than outer - and I know how that sounds, believe me I do!)

I can honestly say I was pretty terrified. I lay for about a minute frozen thinking you must have fallen asleep so I opened my eyes (well one eye!) and knew that I hadn't, I was awake. I could not bring myself to move or turn around and see if anything was there. (I even felt a moth or daddy long legs on my cheek bone but was too afraid to move to brush it away and I hate moths and daddy long legs! Well at least I think that's what it was!) I was too chicken. I did try to see if I could see any reflections in the glass door panels of my bedroom door but it was still too dark to see anything. The feeling of touch lasted maybe 5 minutes at most (or at least it seemed to last for that long). I should probably add that I have two cats who usually both sleep with me on my bed, one between the pillows in the centre at the top of the bed. Neither of the cats were in the room at the time which is very unusual for them. I only actually felt comfortable again when one of them came into the room which was about 20 minutes after the experience. Needless to say I didn't actually get to sleep until 8am this morning so I'm pretty tired now typing this!

How can I find out who this is and what they want? I've gone to the extent today of contacting the Register of Sasines (I'm in Scotland) to find out details of all previous owners of my property, which goes back to 1913 when the property was built, to see if anyone was called Raymond! While the chap at the Register was very kind and gave me details of every previous owner, the name Raymond didn't appear.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lynner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cmarie31 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
When I was 15 one night I lay in bed wide wake all night, could not sleep whatsoever. I was depressed because I had no friends at school. I was lying down on my left side with my thick load of hair flowing behind me. It felt like a hand was behind my head yanking on the mid-section around the crown. I was so scared that I did notmove whatsoever for the rest of the night.
abdoanna200654 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Oh yes Ghosts can touch you I myself have been touched on the arm it woke me up and I live alone. I was poked in my ribs too but that was a good thing as I fell asleep with a fag in my hand!
I have a strong feeling that this Raymond may well be your guide My guide is called Chris and is with me at all times. Ask Raymond if he is infact your guide I have a feeling he is Blessings Anna
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
My mum was born in scotland and her dad was called Raymond. My uncle was named after him and my mum was named after my nana Thats kind of creepy since he died before I was two:/ ❤
Lynner (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
Thanks for your comment:) There's no one that I can think of that has been in my family with the name Raymond, either living or past, hence why I thought it could have been a previous occupant of the house but that's completely drawn a blank unfortunately.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Hmmm, perhaps the name raymond could be am family member?
It can also be the name of one of the ghosts
Yes ghost can touch you, ghosts are like your imagination, only real. They can do nearly anything.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: