You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Story of the Dead Soldiers

Real Ghost Stories

The Story of the Dead Soldiers

 

It first started when I entered the army. I was sent to Afghanistan to help fight in the war. During the war, there was this battle. The date was January 23, 2005 and then there was this nasty sandstorm! Nobody could see anything! I opened my eyes hastily and found something that I never thought I would see in my life!

It was actually ghosts! And, they were wearing the U.S. Army, Air Force, and Navy clothes. The only reason I think I could've seen them was because of the sand. They were helping us with the sandstorm fight off the people of Afghanistan! While the sandstorm was going, they were saluting us. That was the first time that I had ever seen spirits!

Then the next time, I was taking a vacation with my family, (I had been sent back to America to stay.) And we were on the beach of Jamaica and the wind picked up and the sand blew for about 5 to 7 seconds. Just then, I was the only one I think that had just seen the spirits and just then they said to me...

"Thank you for serving our country..."

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

SherlockHolmes221b (6 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-09-09)
I do wish that people would stop calling these poor creatures "ghosts"! I call them "Reanimate manifestations". And I, for one, do believe your account of this occurrence. True, Manifestations don't reveal themselves lightly, or else, of course, they would be a much more common sight. To the select few they do present themselves to, they possess no more insight, nor special vision than any other human. You, my good man, just happened to be standing in just the right place at the right time. I do advise caution to you-if the reanimate repeat their visitations, be on your guard. They almost exclusively withdraw their cloak of mystery as a warning.

SH
ALA715 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
As much as I would like to believe it I think this story is a bit of a stretch. Why would a naval Guy be in the middle of land? Was he a seal?
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
It's an interesting and short story.
But it is also possible that extreme weather can play tricks on you.
Like for eg., mirages
Lillejyde (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
i added your stoy as my farvorit
I'll also pray for god blese these ghosts
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Soldiers are the most selfless and most patriotic human beings on earth. These ghost's also must have been soldiers who were killed in action in similar circumstances hence they appeared during that particular period and helped you and your unit. I salute you and the entire American defense forces and the people of the United States of America for their unending dedication, hard work and help to transform the rest of the world into a better place for all human beings to live in.
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
I'm sorry to say this but the only missing thing in this story was a picture of Uncle Sam pointing at you with his finger and saying "long lives America!"...
RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
The language of the author leads me to believe that this story is a hoax. Sorry. This sounds like the fabrication of someone that has read a few paperback novels on war, and would like to be a soldier.

As far as the anti-war numbskulls... If I remember correctly, the Taliban provided the support to those that did the deed. They got what they deserved. Hopefully our current president will finish the job as far as they are concerned.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Thank you, BadJuuJuu.
Before this particular thread gets us all in over our heads, I would also like to point out that this particular story was written in 2007, AND the e-mail given before and during the submission appears to have been incorrect.
That could mean a few things, but mainly one of two. One: New/Cancelling e-mail and the author really was not interested in the outcome of the posting. Two: The story was a fabrication.
As the author is not present to confirm, nor deny, it would be moot point for commenting all that much, now would it not?

No one REALLY knows why people step in to try to assist where others will not. I am NOT about to begin a Political debate about this, nor am ABLE to tolerate reading ignorant posts about such things (ignorance is the lack of knowledge through no fault of the person. Stupidity is the act of refusing to learn from presented knowledge), but if you would TRULY like to KNOW (and I SERIOUSLY doubt that the comment was posted in seeking knowledge) I suggest doing a bit of Internet research before saying that ANYONE lost their lives in vain.
We may not agree with what is going on, but if you have NEVER been in the military, or do not have a close family member in it, do not make ill considered statements like this.
You would have NO idea as to the mental, emotional, OR spiritual issues that accompany such a service.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
I realize everyone has strong feelings on the subject, but let's avoid turning this nice site into a political arena. ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
My sorrys! The movie is called "LOOSE CHANGE" seriously watch it. I usually considered my self an independent when anyone asked if I was a donkey or an elephant! LOL! But now I know that no matter how I vote I really don't have a voice. They only make us vote to make us FEEL that our voices are heard.

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-4
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Because the American government are a bunch of lying wankers to tell you the truth, but why are we talking about this? If y'all want some light shed on 9/11 & this sad war watch the movie called "SPARE CHANGE" for real. It will blow you away. I'm ashamed of my country.

~LSD~

This comment from JazzRaym is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Ginkyofu13 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Now, that is pretty cool, I never seen ghosts in my life, but I really wants to see them. These are very good and helpful to you, I am glad that they were able to help you!
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I like the story but are you sure those where real ghosts? I'm not trying to say that you didn't see them. But don't you think they could of been real soilders helping out one another. My father was in the Marine Corps and served in Operation Desert Storm in 1991. Him and his buddies got caught up in a few sand storms, minor shoot outs, etc. And when they saw a guy down/in troule they would try everything to help him or her no matter what. So do you possibly think that those soilders/ghosts you saw were really just real soilders helpping out one another in the sandstorm?

P.S. Do you remember what type of uniforms they where wearing, cause if they were olding miltary uniforms they were probably ghosts that you saw.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
That's really amazing. I know how hard it gets for you guys over there because my fiance spent time in the "sandbox" too, though he wasn't in Afghanistan, but Iraq. I sometimes think about trying to contact his friend who was killed by an IED, but I'm not sure if that would be best for my fiance because he's still in the grieving process. I'm glad you came back safely and thank you sincerely for your service! Warmest blessings to you and yours!
spirit_quest (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I spoke to soldiers at a very high-altitude post in my country and got plenty of feedback on invisible beings waking them up when they fell asleep on night duty -- sometimes with a tight slap. They also said that they heard voices asking for water, voices that seemed in pain etc. The place has seen intense battle recently with hefty losses on both sides
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Wow interesting story. I never heard of as tory like this one buty I found it very interesying. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Josephine (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
This is the first time, when I'm reading, that ghosts or spirits or whatewer were these nice creatures, are helping people. I'm so happy about it. It's so good that you don't have to be afraid of them...
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
A little more detail and less patriotism might lend this story more credibility. As is, it seems more like propaganda than fact.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
hi I think ghosts look so clear. I have seen 2 in my life. I do hear others talking, singing, walking and that. They are in my dreams. One of the ghost I found standing in my bathroom then the other standing just outside the kitchen door at my boyfriends old house. 😊 They can't hurt you!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
I've kind of felt for a long time that the spirits of those who fought and died throughout the various wars the US has engaged in still keep an ey on their modern counterparts. ❤
midnightlauri (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
I would just like to repea the spirits sentiments.
Thank you for serving our country.
Many members of the armed forces have seen or herad military ghosts. My faher was a WWII vet. He told of a story in which his unit was saved by a ghostly warning. Just as his camp was about to be attacked during the night. The entire unit heard air raid sirens. Tho none were working at the time. My father said he saw a band of semi transparent soldiers running through the camp with an old hand crank siren. Again Thank You.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: