You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Little Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Man

 

I have had many experiences throughout my life, but this one happened last night and has absolutely stumped me.

I had a horrible headache, one that was dull and lingering, and it seemed to keep me awake. I watched television and worked on the computer until about 3:30 in the morning when I felt that I was worn out enough to get some sleep.

I lay down on my back, which was a weird position for me and began to drift. I was in and out of consciousness until I had this weird dream of these little ghouls or demons dancing around and living in this little, what I would call, village together. I never have dreams like that!

Well, I woke up about fifteen minutes later to this scrubbing noise. It sounded like someone was rhythmically scrubbing their feet on the carpet of my room. I had that sleep paralysis where you're conscious, but unable to move or scream.

So I started frantically wiggling my feet around so that I could jump up and see what or who was making this noise! I tried to say, "Who is that? Who is that?" but it came out only as a muffled noise. I finally jerked myself to attention and looked over toward the sound and found a little man, scrubbing his feet on my carpet!

I just stared at him and almost immediately he stopped scrubbing, made a little gasp and ran right out of my room!

I tried to tell myself that I was still dreaming, but I know I was awake as my sister was in the other room right outside of mine watching television. She scares too easily so I wanted to keep it from her, and she never did run into my room with any cries about a little man.

I want to describe him the best I can for you:

He was built like a regular sized man, no disproportions. Maybe he was about 2 and half feet tall? He had an almost completely baldhead except for a few tufts of thin hair. I only really saw his profile and he had a strong chin and a large nose. He almost looked like a cartoon!

I don't know what he was doing there; he seemed to be very focused on his footwork, as he was stepping heavily and with force as he slid back and forth. I do know if he was not supposed to be seen because boy, he took off like a rocket out my door. His footsteps stopped as they hit my doorway, so I'm not sure if he's a ghost, a demon, or what.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Other hauntings by ashly

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
This story is one of my faves. Were you afraid? I have no idea how I would react to that. I would probably be speechless to be honest. Thanx for sharing & please let us know if you see the little dude again.

~~LSD~~
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I saw a gnome once but he was only 6 inches tall. He didn't notice me at all and just continued on down my hallway. I was fully awake and it was a really strange thing to see. He had the right proportions to his size like what you are describing.

I agree with the other posters that what you saw really fits the description of a dwarf.

I hope you have found the answers you are looking for, because I'm still boggled about my own little sighting.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
ashly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
thanks to everyone (with the exception of that bubble gum chick-- your comment had NO relevance, really, to the topic.) who has commented. A special thanks to NiraumLaup for doing the reseach. He must have been a dwarf and known that I spotted him because he hasn't (thankfully) come back into my room. Thanks again, guys!
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
I agree, with the diligent feet rubbing, it sounds like you've run into some folkloric entity. I found it so interesting, I even did a little research online, but have not run into anything about foot rubbing. I did, however, find that dwarves (provided that that's what you encountered) are associated with luck in the household. Also, to reinforce DeltaDiminishing's post, they do not like to be seen and really should not be offended. Try this link I found on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Goldemar
Not an exact match for your situation, but it may provide more insight.
bubblegumgirl (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
watching t.v or playing on the computer doesn't help get rid of a headache, it makes it worse

I was just pointing it out

Love
Bubblegumgirl
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ashly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Thanks, DeltaDiminishing! That actually really puts my mind at rest. I hadn't had an experience like that EVER, so I didn't even know where to start with research. I hope that he's gone, and while he wasn't harmful, I'd rather he moved on to another place.
DeltaDiminishing (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Your description fits the typical dwarf. Introverts, they are helpful to have around the house but very sensitive and easy to offend. Not pleasant at all when offended. However, where you saw him chances are you'll never see him again. According to folklore they leave after being spotted. I wouldn't worry about it
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
It sounds like a lepricon. (I know there not real) but its the only thing I can come up with. Maybe this man snuck into your house. What kind of clothes was he wearing? It makes me curious why he was so focused on his footwork...
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
ashly--And what happened after the little man left? If you went right back to sleep, I would suggest considering you had a dream withn a dream. They're not uncommon and generally reflect in obvious symbology some deep concern.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Since this figure is not disfigured it is probably not harmful. The dream sounds like something you hear in Japanese folklore. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: