You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Room 300

Real Ghost Stories

Room 300

 

I went to Flagler College in St. Augustine for a while in 2007. I stayed on the third floor in room 300. As some may know, the dorms there were once a famous hotel that had a chequered past.

The third floor was the workers floor where employees would live during their work at the hotel.

I shared my room with two other girls who never seemed to experience the things that I did, but I KNOW that what I experienced was real.

At night, when we were all quiet and in bed, I would hear a typewriter an old one like an Underwood. It would type for about an hour between midnight and 1am. The weird thing was the sound seemed to move throughout the room, and the smell of burning tobacco (which was a huge no-no in the dorms) would waft along with it. It wouldn't *ting* when it got to the end of the line, but you could hear someone push it back. That occurred the entire semester, and while it never interfered with us, it was still enough to give me a start in the beginning.

We shared a bathroom for the room, which was rare as many girls on the floor had to use a community shower. About once every couple of weeks, I would be in there, usually around 10 in the morning when my roomies had gone to class, and the door sounded as if it opened and closed. The shower had a glass door, so I knew that no one had entered. When the door would close I would hear a toolbox set on the floor and a man groan as if he was getting on his knees. You know, like your Dad does? The next thing would be the whistling. It was always the same tune, very upbeat and just like something you would whistle while you work.

These two experiences seemed Residual, as they never interfered with us and therefore I wasn't afraid to shower in front of this man.

The only thing that scared me into shivers was a morning in November when I was showering and the door seemed to slam and suddenly, the light burned out. Now, everyone knew that you are probably most vulnerable in the shower. I was petrified! I jumped out of the shower, ran the 12 or so feet to the door and ran out in my towel! I quickly threw on a t-shirt and ran outside to the rotunda where all the lights were on and no one seemed frantic about a blackout.

It never happened again, but it was enough for me. If you want a semi-active night, go sleep in room 300 in Ponce Hall.

Other hauntings by ashly

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lifeisasong03 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Oh also my TV frequently goes in and out... So there is also that... Have fun if you have room 338...
Lifeisasong03 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Room 338 is also haunted as well as the connected rooms. I was in room 338 and the AC was not on and the windows shut, as well as the fan off. My Guest Book on my printer flew off and landed on its backside a few feet in front (Like it had been thrown). I have also heard music coming from the fourth floor (Piano) and my roommates have heard random piano tones coming from the fourth floor as well. I have woken up at night to furniture being slammed to the floor upstairs. I often see a weird shadow in the corner of my room near the window. I also had the fan on once and a poster hanging up randomly forcibly was thrown and it was not held up by anything.

Other girls along this hallway have heard throwing up coming from their own bathroom but nobody was puking in it. (Their bathroom nobody elses)

Other ghost stories I have heard was a friend had a note card written up to her RA as a funny joke with a pick up line on it (This was on the 2nd floor) she slid it under the door, and it slid back forcibly. She didn't know what to do so she ran back into her room. She apologized to the RA the next morning and said "Hey I put a note under the door and I'm super sorry about it." Her RA said "I know... I found it hanging on my door inside my dorm and I thought it was cute. I hung it up..." She asked if she was in the room when it happened the RA asked why and she explained the note was thrown back at her. The RA said she was not in her room at the time and they both looked at each other and agreed the fan threw it back at her. (Even though she actually heard the thing come from her bed over to the door) ...

Another girl on the 3rd floor woke up to find a ring on her bed. She asked her roommate if it was hers, but it wasn't and it wasn't the girls either. They even asked their parents but it didn't belong to any of them. It was an old fashioned ring.
hannie2 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Wow, that sounds creepy!
If I ever go to college there, I'm definately not staying in that room! 😲
NewsBys (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
I can easily believe this story. I've been to St. Augustine and visited the college. The place just looks creepy anyway. The whole town is creepy too. Can't wait to visit it again. I'm going in November.
ashly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
NiramLuap, I know about the "fourth floor". No one was allowed up there, but from the third floor there is a staircase leading up there that isn't even closed off! They constantly remind you not to go up there and yes, there are mirrors everywhere. The ballroom was gorgeous in it's day. I could never get anyone to go there with me, but my Radio instructor had to go up there all the time because of the stormy weather that usually dominates st. Augustine. He's in his sixties and said that everytime he'd go up there he'd dread it because he would get scared and disoriented and hear voices. He'd get his work done as fast as possible and run downstairs.

There are also rumors and stories of female students who have gone up there to commit suicide. It's backed up a little bit with the fact that if you look up to the balconies on the fourth floor there are bar-type things put up to prevent falling. It's a very interesting town and school. If anyone gets the chance, though, go walk around the lightener museum property at night. Oooh, and check out the methodist church. There is sometimes a "blue lady" seen walking up and down the tower.
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Ooooooh,

Creepy,

Maybe some spirit or something got stuck there or something like that,

You know?

And maybe he's a handy ghostman,
😁
NiramLuap (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
I would have changed my view about peeing in the shower!

I used to date a girl a while back that went to Flagler. She told me of a forbidden grand ballroom (or the like) that was either on the top floor of the girl's dormitory or somewhere else. She heard stories about "activity" in it. I vaguely remember her telling me it was full of mirrors and sometimes people could hear talking coming from there in the wee hours. She was a wuss though 😊, so no specific stories about it. Are you familiar with it? St. Augustine is a pretty creepy town by itself, what with being the "oldest city in America."
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
WOW!
I want to live there for a while. I would love that. I would have freaked too, but my first thought would have been one of the students playing a trick on me. But glad nothing bad ahappend to you. 😁
steveheydaljay (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Coming from someone who also lived in a haunted dorm at a notoriously haunted campus, this story is very interesting. Some advice: my ghost was friendly (a little too friendly) but not very harmful considering he was once a student. Your ghost sounds a lot older but I'm sure hes not there to harm you.
underworld_ghost (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Nice story.😊
If I lived nearby, I really wouldn't mind to have a sleep-over there and check it out.
It sure looks like it doesn't want to harm anyone, like you said.
I think someone needs to guide him to the light, because how you described it is like he's still working and doesn't realize hes dead.😢

Im apologize if I miss spell some words my main language isn't English.

Underworld_ghost😉
ashleighjk (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
omg sumething like that happened to mewhen we went to skipton whith schookl about 2 years ago it was horrible... On the ground floor there was the 6 formers dorms and ours was on the floor above... Anyways I walked in my dormed and my friends told me that someone kept banging on our floors but it cudnt have been the 6 formers because ther dorms was locked and they were in the pool and sawner...
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
wow. I would spent a night there just to see if I would experience the same things.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
That's spooky! I think it's great that you were never afraid to live your life normally around those spirits. But, as for the shower and the light incident, I don't blame you! I would have been terrified.
Cat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
aahhh! That's so creepy- in a cool sort of way... I would have been so frightened if the lights went out while I was in the shower! 😲
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
That's creepy! 😭 I'm still staying in a hostel though...
Hope I'll not experience the same thing though... However, I hate mirrors... Sometimes they can reflect 'them'...
I've heard such stories...
ashly (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Oh my gosh! Thank you for your replies so far! I am not staying there at this moment. I left the college (though not because of the hauntings) and am currently in South Carolina. I had heard stories from others, but I never expected it would happen to me! I have actually heard, -_Syeetaque_-, that the second floor has had more activity than the third, which is where I was staying. ❤
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
wow... Your story sure gave me a lot of creeps... You know, I am also currently staying at the hostel... I'm sharing my room with another girl... I've never experienced anything yet (hope that it'll never happen though)... But my roommate recently told me she has been disturbed when I wasn't in the room. Are you still staying there?
Joojoodolly (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Yes, that would have been horrible, and when you're in a small space, and that happens its really panicky!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Gee I think I will not take that room. This is pretty credible because I just looked the place up. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: