You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Pearl Cross

Real Ghost Stories

The Pearl Cross

 

In 1996 or 97, we moved into our Great-Grand parents house after my Great-Grand Mother passed away and my Great-Grand Father moved in with my Grandfather just to join her a couple months later.

It's an old mill house from the mid 1800s among many others in a 10-20 mile perimeter. Our Great-Grandmother would tell us of her "friendly ghost" when we would visit as young children, but it would never frighten us.

My Mom and Dad told us they heard dishes being shuffled around at night as though they were being washed. My Grandfather (their oldest son) told my Dad that a man was killed by means of a shotgun over money before they moved in (They lived there for over 60yrs). Just a little background on the house and what I remember as a child.

I believe I was 12 or 13 when I was asleep in my room. It was the rear room my Great-Grand Father built on to the house. I was having a difficult time with either the transition or just puberty. I woke up in the middle of the night, as usual, to utilize the latrine. But, I woke up with a pearl type cross in my right hand. I know it may sound like a small and meaningless happening, but, I have never seen this cross before until then. I still have it and I keep it packed away with other gear... Not sure why.

I have always dreamt of my Uncle (Dad's brother) after he passed away prior to our move and my other Great-Grand Mother years after we moved.

I can't remember if I was dreaming of anything that would pertain to a cross or something that would require guidance of such, but I'm sure I always have and will need it.

Any takers?

I have more to tell, I have to consult with family on details so I can remember.

Other hauntings by Soldier1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Soldier1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
I have come across a theory that ghosts are able to see through time. Just a theory so bare with me. What if the well meaning ghost saw you enter the Army and thought the cross would help you? I would keep it close, you never know.
ken010 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Oooooooh,

Cross,

Maybe that dude who got killed by shotgun gave it to you,
😁
Debra84 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Maybe a good spirit gave it to you while you slept to ward off evil spirits.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-24)
Very intriguing. How odd nobody knows what the cross is all about. Do keep us posted if you find out anything
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
Wow I honestly can't come up with anything! ITS SO STRANGE! I've never heard of something like that before. KEEP US POSTED!
abbto (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-23)
That's different. My comment kind of depends on if the cross was in your family's possesion. If you already have it, it could be a family member or a ghost playing a trick on you. If you didn't have it, that's pretty much unexplainable. Maybe it belonged to the man that was murdered?
Soldier1 (5 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
Thank you guys for reading. To answer your question it was more like a plastic pearl colored type cross. No one knows anything about this cross. I asked my Grandpa and he has no idea.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
How interesting! What material is the cross made of?

I strongly suspect that it did indeed belong to one of your family. What a lovely gift, especially coming at, if I understand your story correctly, a time of rather difficult transistion for you.

Can't wait to hear more!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
I totally agree with Surya. I also look forward to more stories. Keep us posted. ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-22)
What a nice story, how strange to find a pearly cross in your hand. It would be interesting to know if indeed it did belong to an ancestor? I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Thank you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: