You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Father Christmas Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Father Christmas Ghost

 

I am Magda and now I am 14 years old. When I was seven, I was in Poland with my family (that being where I come from!) I couldn't sleep that night because it was Christmas Eve and like many other children, I was too excited to fall asleep. My mind was going crazy! But after midnight passing by, I decided to get into bed and close my eyes. I tried sleeping, which would not work. So, I just ended up tossing and turning to find a comfortable position.

In my bedroom, there was a large wardrobe (which belonged to my cousins. We were staying at theirs!) I happened to look at it and found myself staring at it for a couple of seconds. I began to see what vividly looked like Father Christmas. He had a white, long beard and a red jacket. I stared at it, eyes wide-open for what seemed like ages, but was in fact only probably a few seconds.

I couldn't move, I could hardly breathe properly. At that time, my dad came into my room to say good night to me, and he could see my scared face. I pointed up to the wardrobe (I could still see Father Christmas) but my dad just looked at me as if I had gone mad. In the end, I burst into tears and ran out of the room into the kitchen. My family heard me and came running after me. I explained what had happened and they told me that I just got a little too excited about Christmas.

I know that's not true and that I really did see him. What I can't figure out is why! Was it really Father Christmas or was it an evil spirit trying to get through to me by pretending to be him?

Please help me out!

Thanks,

Magda

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Magda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
Hi! Thats a really interesting story! I think you really saw him! This is just random but I'm polish too! Thanks for sharing your story! 😆

-erin19 ❤
Philip_the_imaginary_ghost (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I have done a fair amount of academic research on the topic of christmas/santa claus/father christmas/etc. The story that Coca Cola turned Santa's garb red is actually just an urban legend of sorts. Santa Claus/Father Christmas has worn green, brown, red, and/or white (or any number of color combinations) throughout his various incarnations over time and space. While Coca Cola did focus on the red-suited Santa Claus, they certainly did not invent him.

Also, there is the theory that a "ghost" or incarnation can be generated via focused collective thought (See Philip the Imaginary Ghost, for example). Perhaps this is the case with Father Christmas or Santa Clause. Thus the "Spirit of Christmas" becomes The Spirit of Christmas.
Magda (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
tbank you all for sharing your thoughts with me. I am now starting to believe that I was just a bit too excited about christmas!:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
Just thought I would let you two know that I did check out that Santa color bit. I was amazed to see that Santa did wear green up until either 1885 or 1922. I am tempted to lean more towards the 1900's as it WAS for a coca-cola commercial so that he matched the colors of coca-cola.
I know, I know, what has this got to do with the story? I am moving along. Just wanted to say thanks for teaching me something.
Thank you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
I agree with your family, sound like you seen things cause you made had hanging something that look alike a person/object that alright that happen to me sometimes we children do the same thing when parent or ourselves hanging up by chair or coat rack that make up like a person or object. Don't worry just pray that all you have to do.
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
The original santa did wear green then coca cola changed his clothes to red so yes the 'real' santa would have been wearing green. I'd say it was an over active imagination due to the excitement.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Still is in some areas of the world. 😉 Very interesting.
I think I am going to have to look that up. Maybe the English teacher was referring to that commercial (It was a funny one. Very memorable) or maybe it is actually based in fact.
Thank you.
Really.
ABC_daisy (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
One of my old english teachers told everyone:L But good point, there were no pictures of him but I asked my grandad and he said that Santa used to be green when his dad was alive. 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Evil Spirit? Nah.
With just what you have written it would really be hard for one of us to tell you unquestionably what it is that you saw.
For one, what was the lighting like in that room? Was the wardrobe in shadows? Was it pitch?
The thing is, Father Christmas is the "spirit of Christmas" and NOT the Spirit of Christmas. You know what I mean? He is the personification of what we seem to think Christmas to be. He was a wonderful man who helped out so many children who has so little. BUT no one REALLY knows what his REAL person REALLY looked like. There are no actual photographs of the time, so we are all going on assumptions and the pictures that we now have available to us.
Personally, I do not think you have anything to worry about. This was not an evil being that you saw.
After all, you are still well and able to share this story with us.
Thank you.

PS. ABC: Coca cola turns Santa red? Where did you hear that? I am very curious. I recall seeing a coca cola commercial that had this happen, but never heard it outside of that situation.
Thank you.
ABC_daisy (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
I am a believer but I thought coka cola turned santa red. So wouldn't he be green? But if it was real you have nothing to worry about because Santa is supposed to be a kind hearted man. ❤
reckless_disaster97 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
i agree with tigerlily I mean you were really young and you were exited just like any kid would be anyways take care.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Magda,
I have a question. Was the wardrobe shiny or a little reflective. Some people can see special moments or people by staring for periods of time into shiny or reflective surfaces, just as a crystal ball is used. You could be a gifted person. If not maybe it was a energy projection from you out onto the wardrobe. Or it could have been a visitor from another plain. Either way you seem to have a sensitivity to this sort of thing. Take care of yourself, Aloha - 4d 😊
Zekranva (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
you souldn't worry about it, if you see him, like what TigerLily said: he could be checking if you were asleep. And like what book_luver123 said: if it was a demon then it would have attacked you at the very moment you looked at it or you least expect it. And from the sounds of it, it didn't even harm you so I think you must not worry about it. Just think of it as 'santa' visiting you
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Not much to worry about. I don't think it could have been a demon because if it wanted to harm you it probably would have tried something by the time you saw him. And TigerLily does have a point. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
At first I agreed with your family that you were just a little too excited about christmas. Who wouldn't be?
Seeing as you are so sure that you saw 'Santa' I think he was maybe just checking that you were asleep. 😉 I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though.

God Bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: