You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: What Are They Trying To Tell Me?

Real Ghost Stories

What Are They Trying To Tell Me?

 

For as long as I can remember when ever someone I know has passed away they always come back to me in dreams to tell me they are alright or with messages to pass on. I tried to tell my parent's this once when both my Nan and Granddad passed away, but both were horrified and said it was a dream.

Over the pass few months I have started to see people I don't know, who seem to be trying to tell me something but I do not understand and not just in dreams this time.

I saw an elderly gentleman by the side of the bed one night. We continued to stare at each other for a few moments then when I realized what I was seeing I gasped and he vanished. I have the feeling he was trying to tell me something. When I described him to a neighbour he turned out to be the previous owner.

I have also dreamt on two separate occasions about entering the toilets at work and seeing a tall man with a child. The first time they are barefoot in ragged clothing and the child is crying. He holds out the child for me to take and his lips are moving but no sound comes out. I get upset because I want to help but just walk away. The second time I saw them the child is playing on the floor whilst the man is in the same spot. He has eyes that seem to plead, but again I don't know how to help.

Recently, whilst lying in bed I saw my husband (or someone who looked like him!) come up the stairs looking poorly, and go into the bathroom. I heard no noise from the bathroom, so after 10 minutes I called out and asked if he was ok. I heard him answer me but the answer came from the living room. Sitting there amazed I watched as my husband comes up the stairs looking as healthy as ever and ready for bed! He hadn't come up earlier; he had been watching TV down stairs! I made him check the bathroom because the door was still shut (we never shut it as the kids like the light to shine on their rooms) there was nothing there!

Just to show how brave we were the next day we moved the bed to the other side of the room so that we can't see the hall and landing! My husband's words were "what you can't see won't hurt you!"

Do you think they are trying to tell me something but that I don't have the knowledge to communicate only see them?

Other hauntings by lankyloo98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lankyloo98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Maybe the man at work wanted you to help his daughter cross over and even him. That is why he had the pleading look in his eyes. You may in fact have some psychic abilities that are getting stronger over time. Have you ever told any of the spirits to cross into the light? Or to continue on their journey?

Thanks for sharing your story
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
You may have seen something residual in the bathroom with the man and child. A tragic event that could have happened in that building/or area before it became your work place. The man in your house could have been the owner trying to tell you something or again could have been residual and he was going through the same motions he did while living there. Sounds like you come from a family that is gifted. The fact that you wanted to help means you reached out rather than be just terrified. I would think mental telepathy would be a great advantage to those without vocal chords and a body so send your thoughts to them or talk to them and see what happens. If it were me I would gladly take the message and deliever it and then encourage them to go to the Light. You could also try automatic handwriting when you feel there is one trying to communicate with you. As your gift progresses so will your ability to communicate. May come a time when you will be able to do it at will. Stay opened. Stay focused. Let there be no fear. You have a gift which so many living and dead can use to find closure.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
book_luver123
It might be a bad idea to take the child because a spirit can be different from what it appears to be...
Who knows...
Sometimes it might be more than just an innocent looking spirit...
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Well it sounds to me like there trying to tell you something. I don't know how to help but it sounds like there comming to you for a reason. Keep us posted!

Tori ❤
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Wow, you seem to be a messenger for ghosts right?

It has been said that some ghosts establish a connection with your mind while you are with them. So, the next time you see a ghost, think in your mind what you will say. Also act very calmly around ghosts. You husband said 'what you can't see can't hurt you!' sometimes it is good to establish a friendship with the ghosts there. The man and baby in the toilets ghost was probably a single parent when he was alive, he was asking you to help him manage his ghostly baby.

Do not be afraid of your talents, they are there to help you. If you don't want them simply picture them in you mind going to me, for my details just email me at droid.181 [at] hotmail.com

The previous owner ghost is perhaps tied to the house for some reason, like he had a loved one there or something.

Safe Travels,
Jason,
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
lankyloo98,
You seem very kind hearted. Your concern for these beings are very full of empathy. Maybe your compassion is what aids you in your ability to see them and for them to see you. I don't know how you feel about helping others, but it seems that you are very trust worthy since even a ghost wants you to care for his child. Good luck and may you find clarity, Aloha - 4d ❤
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Thanks for all your comments. I didn't get any bad feelings from the man with the child more that by giving me the child I could take away some of his pain /unhappiness. Like the child would be better off with me.
The nice thing is the more I see of them the less frightned I become. I have asked about some of the other people I have seen. Some are relatives and some are strangers. Maybe one day I will be able to help someone.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
If you can try tell them you do not know how to help them. And can I ask you Syeetaque why is it a bad idea to take the child? ❤
steveheydaljay (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
freaky dreams, my family has a history of seeing deceased people in dreams the night before they die, but this traces back to a great grandmother who is often beside them in the dream. Anyway, the occurrences in your house are probably residual from the former owner and the man with the child could be someone you met but don't remember. Try meditation.
Phoenix77 (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
I've heard of the "no sound" thing before. I have an idea that might help, try learning how to read lips. Plenty of deaf people do it to function well in the hearing world, and it's not hard to do.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
and oh, by the way,
Try asking people around about those figures like what you did with the old man (the previous owner)... I'm sure it's going to help a lot... 😉
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
um... About the tall man and the child, don't accept any request to take the child with you...
It might end up badly...
It's not that you won't help them, but things could go badly...
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Wow, that's really cool, yet scary at the same time!...Um...Yeah, sorry I can't help you much...Oh, wait, I've got it! Maybe they're trying to get them to help them go into the light.Cool.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: