You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mary Prefers Charmin Over Angel Soft

Real Ghost Stories

Mary Prefers Charmin Over Angel Soft

 

Working for a major dental company has its perks. I receive great medical, dental and vision benefits, not to mention work with great people and get along with mostly everyone, but let me tell you a mischievous spirit who was not what I had in mind when I applied.

Shortly after I started I began making friends rather quickly. During lunch and break times we would talk about all sorts of things. We were never short on conversations, until one day one of my co-workers spoke of "Mary.' A supposed spirit that lives in our building and likes to make her presence known by calling employees at home and not saying anything, just engaging in an eerie silence. She would also turn on the coffee pot and partake in other annoying little games to make sure we knew she was there.

I thought the idea of Mary was a joke, like initiation or something to later laugh about. Although my co-workers persisted this was no joke I brushed it off anyway.

Then one Friday I was at my work station doing my thing when I felt the need to go. Potty that is. So I rushed to the ladies' room hoping to beat anyone who might try and get there first. When I walked in I noticed the toilet paper was unraveling by itself very slowly. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I rubbed eyes and kept them fixated on the roll. It started changing speeds from slow to fast, from fast to slow again. It was totally crazy!

I ran out of there and pulled my friend Erica over to the restroom hoping she could catch what I just saw. I told her what happened and to go in, so she did and came running out fast just screaming in total panic. Her screams were so loud she caught my sister's attention whose name is also Erica. She asked why were acting "so stupid", (my sister is very silly and she makes fun of me and my friend cause were always loud and laughing).

We pointed to the restroom and my sister stuck her head in and asked why ALL the toilet paper was all over the floor. I told her what I saw and so did Erica.

Then word got around of my restroom incident and all everyone could say was "I heard Mary paid you a little visit", so cool and casual like this always happens!

Now, this may not seem scary to some because it doesn't involve a full apparition of some kind, but I was afraid. The thought of one someone or something I couldn't see bothered me. MARY IS REAL!

Our building is very old and from what I know that building used to be a jewelry store and before that no one knows. All I can say is Mary was there that day with me. Why? I don't know. I just wish she would have given me the privacy I deserved.

Other hauntings by TXGRL210

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TXGRL210, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TXGRL210 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
hi hobby holly, I never got a call. I have since quit that job to move on to better things but yeah co workers had many stories to tell and a friend of mine who still works there claimed of the stero systm turning on and off for no reason playing the devil went down to georgia when it was closing time they had a little battle with mary just tryna get the stero to shut off! Apparently she likes that song!
rskns (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
that must have been freaky. If that happens again, you should take a picture or video of it. I'm mostly skeptic but that kind of stuff I can believe keep everyone updated and I also agree with book_luver123
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Considering the expanse of our communications system by phones/cellphones it's not unusual to get a lost call. Not sure about the toilet paper thing but I have seen rolls pulled hard that continue to unravel from momentum, and if it's attached to a wall that is not exactly straight this could also cause it to happen. Dips in the floor can cause a wall to be slightly off too. All this aside you may have a resident ghost too. Hard to say. Have to eliminate all the physical possibilities and then see what you are dealing with. If she is there I would talk to her like any other person and ask her to please allow you privacy and no surprises.
reckless_disaster97 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
i totally agree with book_luver123 mary doesen't sound dangerous she just wants people to know she's there great title by the way. 😆
BadxGood24 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Actually I think its kind of cute. Mary just wants to get your attention while scaring everyone at the process. To me it seems like she hasn't done anything wrong so who knows. 😁
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Thank you TXGRL210 for the account.

There may be a logical explanation.

I've seen toilet paper rolls completely unroll themselves. The gavity pushing the dangling, already unrolled portion causes the roll to turn, dumping more and more onto the floor until there is no more to unroll.
They can speed up or slow down depending on how the roll rubs the dowel supporting it.

I've had to pinch/distort the core of many rolls at home to keep this from happening.

Please note that I am *not* saying that is what actually happened, it's just one logical possibility.

Sounds like you have quite an interesting place to work to say the least!
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
TXGRL210,
You ever think that you interrupted Mary's restroom break? 😆 Great title by the way. The creepy thing is that there have been times when she would call a workers home... 😨 Perhaps she is warning a person who forgot to complete a daily assignment, or forgot to turn something off, or what evers. Thanks for the share, Aloha - 4d 😊
Zekranva (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
I agree with book_luver123, you sould try talking to Mary. If I had encountered something like that, I wouldn't show any fear if Mary would have done something that scared (it depends on how the spirits make me notice them) me or something of sorts I would have asked her to stop nicely. For example: If I were going to the bathroom like how you did and I seen Mary messing with the toilet paper I would have asked her to stop, if she doesn't stop then don't mind it then go find another stall that is open.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
Mary seems to want just to irritate you. I suggest you try talking to her. ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
Interesting. Perhaps this "Mary" was connected to the former business. Did you ever receive one of these "phone calls"?

Do you still work there? Any more activity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: