You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Past Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Past Encounters

 

When I was little between the ages of 4 to 7yrs I lived in South Carolina in a house I don't ever want to see again. I was not the only one that saw things, for my mother too even if she won't admit it to people not related to us. The house was just like every other, yet I was too young to understand and ask around if others were experiencing things like I was.

One thing I remember the most, was at night. When I mentioned this to a friend in the past he said what I saw were reapers, there to keep away bad spirits. What I saw, as I lay in bed were these dark figures. They had no outline; it was as if a certain spot in the room was extremely darker than everywhere else. I would have up to 4 of these lean over my bed, or just be in my room in general making me hide under my covers when my mother would not turn on my light. The only thing that made me feel better was the light on, for they were not around. My mom would see figures like this herself, of someone standing in her doorway, or things crawling down her wall.

Another thing which I remember was each time I walked by the bathroom, now I'll admit this is kind of embarrassing, but I'd see someone sitting on the toilet at a glance from the corner of my eye and they'd be looking at me with a smile. That very hallway, each time I'd walk down it I would hear my name being called, like a faint voice in the back of my head. To this day I don't remember if the voice was female or male. More voices would go on at night if you stepped outside. Our backyard was huge but at night you could see darkened figures moving along the backside of the yard and the voices were of like 2-3 calling my name, as if beckoning me to go to them.

This very house was when I had an idea to try and get out of school. My older babysitter mentioned something about voodoo dolls and everything and it gave me an idea. What I did was took a pipe cleaner, plucked a hair from my head wrapping it around the stick figure I made, then dotted it with red marker while asking for chicken pox. 3 days later I got chicken pox, no one around me had not caught them for me to catch from. To this day I don't know if it was I having something in me that I should try to grow stronger, or a spirit just granting me chicken pox so I could get out of school for 2 weeks.

All of this came to a stop when my sister was born, which freaks me out. My mother told me that when my sister was in her crib in my mother's bedroom, she would stand up and just stare at my mom, not moving. That was my first major encounter.

Another was when I moved to Vegas and lived in some old military homes on base. My brother had been complaining up and down that he was choked one night in his bedroom that he felt some weight on his bed and then his air was cut off at his throat. Around this time was when my computer kept doing weird stuff, and I kept hearing as if someone was typing on it as it cut on and literally went to Microsoft Word. So at the time I joked around saying, "Maybe we have ghosts and yours is the brother of mine. Like yin and yang. You got the bad, I got a good one."

Now the reason I said good, was because one day when I stayed home from school, I was lying on my bed from being sick. Windows were closed, door was shut, and air conditioning was not on. I was just about to hit sleep land when a gush of air blasts into my face, my hair blowing back at the same time my whole body with cold and numb, ears popping. When I opened my eyes, I quickly looked around, freaking out for a moment, as my body started tingling as if it was waking up from limbs being asleep. Tired, I try to go back to sleep just for it to happen once more. During the time as I did try to sleep, I heard my computer turn on again, and then the gush of wind happens when I ignore it. So in my sleepy and annoyed state, I told whatever was in my room, "Let me sleep for crying out loud" and finally went to sleep.

Now to this day I'm confused to what that was. I do think I was trying to be possessed or something, because I felt extremely cold when it happened, or it was trying to tell me something. Yet I always did feel safe in my room for some strange reason even when I would have moments as if something was talking to me, the hearing my name being called making me smile rather than be scared.

Other hauntings by Altec

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Altec, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miss_Cannabis (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
Wow these are some scary expeirences. Very interesting. Espeacialy the figures that would stand over your bed. Very creepy 😲
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
That's strange. I feel the same thing, with trhe gust of wind, only there's nogust. My room just suddenly gets freezing, but it feels like it's me, not the room.
Although, I don't think he ghost is trying to possess me, bcecause he seems nice. Or atleast not bad.
Altec (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Sorry I haven't been around to reply. Book_luver123 and racer123246, I do believe they could of been old soldiers. I don't have much evidence of it, just a strong feeling they were.

GhostHousing and racer123246, it never occured to me to type on Microsoft word, therefor I never got to expirement to find out if that was the case.

Tonith, you could be right about the shadows. I was afraid of the dark, though I wasn't the only one seeing things. My mother too saw figures in our old house.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
I think most children have seen what we call shadows or shadow people sometime in their young lives. I think fear of the dark causes this, which happens to a lot of kids. They say dark spirits are just spirits that don't have the ability to fully manifest. Spirits will also use computers, telephones, small appliances etc. To try to communicate. They are energy and need something with energy to draw from to manifest physically. Hence the cold feeling. It's drawing your energy. Doesn't sound like it's anything to be scared of but maybe it's something within you that knows it's nothing to be scared of. Everyone reacts differently. Some panic, some are fascinated, some deny it and some seek it out. Depends on our attitude about the paranormal. Great story.
racer123246 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
You are probably safer in the military house. Because the first house seemed to have a lot of weird stuff. But I do think the the two ghosts in the military house are brothers, or at least in the same troop. I think that the "bad" ghost might have been chocked to death.

Have you ever read the messages on Microsoft Word from the ghost? Look into that, he/she might be saying something important.

Good Luck, racer
GhostHousing (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
I'm wondering... Did the ghost ever actually type anything? If so, what was it? Or did it only pull up microsoft word? And did you ever try typing something to communicate with the ghost? It may have pulled up Microsoft word to get you to speak to it. And excuse me if I am understanding what you said wrong.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-26)
That is freaky how it all finished when your sister was born. Perhaps the ghosts were of old soldiers. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: